One Good Whole30 choice I made today is:

MeadowLily

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is day 28 for me and I could have easily caved since this is not my first Whole30 and I am so close to the end. We celebrated a birthday for our manager today and went out for lunch and there was a cake ordered from a special bakery.  I ordered a plain big green salad with grilled salmon seasoned with only salt & pepper and brought my own dressing. I put a piece of the cake in the freezer for a day when I feel like trying it. I only drank water, no wine, I felt totally in control and not the least bit deprived and no cravings to speak of, I am having a good Whole30 Day! :D

When it comes down to what's really important in life - health. Death from lack of cheetos seems unlikely, so yay you!

I hope the veggies are still your best friends and that you're getting relief from cravings caused by trigger foods. Every fiber of our being does not want to give up sugar. 

The number of times I've fallen back into bowls of cornbread, pan bread, bread bread, other people's bread and stale bread because it reminded me of croutons.  Well, we just don't have the time.  

Falling into much bread is life but climbing out is transcendent. I cannot to this day unleash myself with bread.  Sourdough bread, french and italian bread. Bread has been one of the hardest parts of food addiction recovery.  It's rough.

You have to have a plan to deal with the mind warp that bread can throw at you.  Touching it, slicing it or throwing it into the toaster for others. 

Bread makes me act idiotic. I'm hyper aware it's over there on the counter looking all sweet and adorable. It is my kryptonite.

It can make me weak in the knees. Left to my own devices, I could relapse into a bathtub full of bread.  I don't because food addiction relapse would make my life a living hail and who needs that. 

I don't bring the offenders home. But other people do.  

It requires a plan and strategy. Surfing through the cravings for old triggers. 

Come inspire us with your good decisions. How you've pulled yourself back from the brink and rejoined us. 

Bread. I've always loved you but making my bed out of bread...I'm not going out like that. 

Image result for photos i love bread

Archived