One Good Whole30 choice I made today is:

MeadowLily

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I really like stretching and berries - though not at the same time.

Blackberries_by_Hanney_Road_-_geograph.o

Oh, but you need to do all sorts of contortions to pick them if there's a nice big patch!  Stretching yourself over and around and under the thornies to get to the berries!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Whole 30  Gone Wild.

I am getting wilder by the day.  I am becoming a grizzly bear.  I could stand in the river and latch onto fish.  I like trying all kinds of protein.  I'm wild and woolly.

I used to like chicken but it doesn't move me anymore.  I don't know why that is.  It happened after Whole 30.  I haven't had any chicken since.  I don't like salads with chicken.   Throw me a steak, ribs or a brisket, grilled fish.  We even use offal at my house...which many would find absolutely awful.  Bone Broth is divine.

I could live on pinecones and dirt if I had to but I don't want to.  I'm Whole 30 Gone Wild.  

The squirrels and chipmunks have a much tamer way of living.  I'm wild and I'm free.   Every day without sugar is a day I'm really free.  

Choosing fruit is risky because of the sugars.  Something I've noticed, fruit tastes tart if you're eating a high sugar diet but incredibly sweet if you're not.  It's still good for you but not more than a serving or two aday.

I prefer grilled fish over fruit for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  A key issue is not only what works for an individual but whether our choices are sustainable and enjoyable.

Good food choices and exercise help me deal with anything life can throw at me. 

We all have ups and downs that we have to deal with. Turn your down cycles on their head.  Eat healthy no matter what you're facing.  All good.

In Italy, they serve rocket salad on top of meals/leftovers with lots of yummy EVOO.  I love rocket salad on top of steak and grilled salmon.  So good.  Whisk together the olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a large bowl. Add the cucumber, tomatoes, arugula, toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper before serving.

Been a blast reading your posts, especially Meadow Lily!! This is my second Whole30 and I. Am. Not. On. My. Scale This Time!!!! can tell by my before pics that this is my new way of life. The best is that all of you are here and I'm not doing this alone. So many, family and friends, who NEED this but don't "Get It" are missing the greatest thing that ever happen, "diet"wise. Been there, Done that and now my eyes are open, Day 23 of the rest of my life, YEPPIE!!!!

Been a blast reading your posts, especially Meadow Lily!! This is my second Whole30 and I. Am. Not. On. My. Scale This Time!!!! can tell by my before pics that this is my new way of life. The best is that all of you are here and I'm not doing this alone. So many, family and friends, who NEED this but don't "Get It" are missing the greatest thing that ever happen, "diet"wise. Been there, Done that and now my eyes are open, Day 23 of the rest of my life, YEPPIE!!!!

Barb - Yes, I can tell!  I think it is fantastic, too.  You're not alone and we can never go wrong with good food choices.

Archived