Seeking recipe help: balsamic flat iron steak, hamburger meat seasonings

lizzieforce

Hi! I'm on Day 3 of my first Whole30 and I basically never cook so I'm trying to learn some simple recipes. I saw tips on how to season hamburger meat, one was on a blog it had spice recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner -- but then I closed the window before I saved it! Also I think I saw a recipe for balsamic flat iron steak, maybe with rosemary -- again, something simple, don't send me off to make my own beef broth please -- any help is appreciated, thanks!

• Moderators

If you like simple, but delicious, I highly recommend Tom Denham's Whole Life Eating recipe blog. He has a ton of very straightforward recipes.

Well Fed cookbook also has some really simple recipes and ideas for how to make a meal without truly needing a recipe. Highly useful when you really just need to get food in your tummy, fast! The author also has many recipes on her blog, The Clothes Make the Girl.

Do you have It Starts with Food? There are some simple recipes in the back. Basically for lunch I eat a salad with some starch veggies like cooked cold beets and chicken or beef. I make stir fried ground beef with veggies or eggs with sweet potato hash. (I just shred sweet potato and cook it I don't get all fancy) I tend to eat the same thing all week so that might be helpful. You might try to make something more complicated on days when you have more time to experiment. Good Luck!

I like to marinate beef steak, london broil, trip-tip in a mixture of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh rosemary (bruised), and smashed garlic (whole cloves smashed with the side of a knife blade and peeled) and fresh cracked black pepper. I put the meat in a zip lock bag, pour over some olive oil (a couple good glugs worth), then the vinegar (A few good glugs), then toss in the rosemary, garlic and pepper. Push most of the air out of the bag, close it and smoosh the bag around to get the marinade around the meat. I usually marinate for several hours, and typically over night, flipping the bag every so often. Then I either grill the meat or bake/broil to desired doneness. So good! You can also cut a few slits in larger pieces of meat to get the marinade down into the meat  if you want. 

Archived