Starting Tomorrow-not sure if I have the right mix..

Jhana

I am starting tomorrow and here is what I planned.  I have to make meals that work for kids too so most of these can be supplemented or changed to include brown rice, wheat noodles, etc. . Still not to clear on the fat needed for each meal. I've read the book, website, and forums but am still a little wonky with how much to add. Found the right bacon at whole foods.  Thanks!

Sat

Day 1

Scrambled eggs w/spinach: spinach, tomato, mushrooms; monkey salad

Protein: 3 eggs

Veg:spinach tom, mush

Fat: coconut flakes

Fruit: banana

Tuna salad,lettuce wraps celery, carrots, snap peas w/mayo; avocado

Protein: Tuna

Veg:celery, lettuce, carrots, snap peas

Fat: mayo, avocado

Fruit: 2 clementines

Chocolate chili, large salad with vinaigrette, macadamia nuts and  avocado

Protein: Beef

Veg: salad

Fat: avocado

Sun

Day 2

Scrambled eggs w/spinach: spinach, tomato, mushrooms; monkey salad

Fat: coconut flakes

Salmon with macadamia crust, roasted veggies in ghee

Protein: salmon

Fat: ghee, nuts

Mon

Day 3

Sausage casserole, monkey salad, avocado

Fat: coconut flakes, avocado

Bacon Burgers w/Portobello mush caps, avocado, roasted red peppers, homemade sweet potato fries w/ghee

Protein: Beef, bacon

Veg: ports, red pepper, lettuce, tomato, sweet potato

Fat: avocado, ghee

Tues

Day 4

Bacon Burgers w/Portobello mush caps, avocado, roasted red peppers, homemade sweet potato fries w/ghee

Protein: Beef, bacon

Veg: ports, red pepper, lettuce, tomato, sweet potato

Fat: avocado, ghee

Fruit: clementines

Chili Lime chicken, roasted veggies with almonds,

Protein: chicken

Veg: roast veggies

Fat: ghee on veggies, almonds

Wed

Day 5

Chili Lime chicken, roasted veggies with almonds,

Protein: chicken

Veg: roast veggies

Fat: ghee on veggies, almonds

Slow cooker short ribs, roasted Portobello mushrooms in ghee,

Protein: beef ribs

Veg: portobellows, salad

Fat: ghee

The fat you should have is about the size of your thumb. You don't count the fat that you cook with because most of it is left in the pan. You can eat more fat if needed so no need to restrict your fat intake. You may want to stay away from monkey salad. It may awaken your sugar dragon, plus nuts are a fat source on the whole30 and that has a lot of nuts. Some people have digestive issues with nuts. Good Luck!

Personally, I would really scratch the Monkey Salad--you can get good fats in other ways, and to me, the monkey salad just feeds the sugar dragon. Don't allow fruit to push veg off your plate. You would be better served in having 1-3 cups of veg, 1-2 palms worth of protein and your fats. I would do olives, ghee, compliant bacon, avocado, homemade mayo and the like rather than monkey salad. 

Thanks-so just the breakfast needs a revision? Not too bad, I guess. I don't have a crazy sweet tooth but was looking for alternatives to the ones I kept seeing (avo, mayo, ghee, olives..) because I know I will get sick of them quickly. I tried the coconut flakes today and liked them, which surprised me because i don't love coconut. Any good other ways to use them? 

I tried the coconut flakes today and liked them, which surprised me because i don't love coconut. Any good other ways to use them? 

They can be the crust of your meats (chicken, fish). Or crunchy bits in your salad.

great idea! another question-I scrambled eggs and veggies with coconut oil this morning for day one meal one and I hated it. The taste just wasn't for me,although I like coconut in general. Is it ok to not use it for cooking unless it;s something where the taste wouldn't seem off (curries, etc)? Can I just use olive oil or ghee, etc?

great idea! another question-I scrambled eggs and veggies with coconut oil this morning for day one meal one and I hated it. The taste just wasn't for me,although I like coconut in general. Is it ok to not use it for cooking unless it;s something where the taste wouldn't seem off (curries, etc)? Can I just use olive oil or ghee, etc?

Ghee would be the better choice vs olive oil: better option for high heat cooking. Use olive oil for dressings or drizzling over veggies.

Archived