Accidentally Ate Off Plan :(

My family had a dinner tonight and my father said he was making baked fish. I asked what he had baked it in/with and he just said olive oil, herbs, garlic and lemon.  "Great!" I thought and ate a piece along with some asparagus.  It wasn't until after that he mentioned that he had also thrown some white wine and breadcrumbs.  I'm beside myself right now.  The fish didn't look like it had anything on it and now I'm having this terrible internal conflict about whether to start over or not.  So frustrating!! 

• Administrators

Oh, that really sucks, Vicky!

Unfortunately the Big Guys like wheat, soy, dairy are a cause for automatic restart due to their ability to mess up your internal reset.  

What day are you on? If it's an early day like 6 or 7, can you just make your Whole30 a Whole36/37?  

It's always up to you whether you restart or not but if you were hoping for a system reset and to determine food sensitivities, you really do need the full 30 days of clean eating.  You can check this article for extra thoughts on restarting: http://whole30.com/2014/06/really-start-whole30/

You learn to never believe anything anyone tells you when they cook for you on a whole30. It's hard enough for those of us who have done a whole30 to remember the rules. I remember I told someone that I wasn't eating dairy or gluten and they said "oh so you can't eat eggs? At least you can have white bread" She just didn't get that dairy is not eggs and white bread is made from wheat that has gluten. I think they need to add to the rules "no eating food that someone else cooked for you during your whole30" lol This causes a restart for most people. I hope the fish was tasty.

Archived