Attempting Whole30 #2 and my cake lesson

Keri W.

Well...fruit has brought the sugar cravings back. Grrrrrrr! I completed one successful Whole30 and thought that for the second Whole30, I would add in fruit. I was only eating berries and apples...not much...and not every day. My body loves it too much and I started thinking about cake and candy. Sigh. I don't like having these cravings again. It makes me feel very out of control. The weirdest thing was that I "attempted" to have cake...and I had one taste and it was just awful. I didn't even want to finish the cake. I actually laughed because that has never happened to me. I sat there and analyzed what was in the cake and noticed how truly unappetizing it was. It was just a mound of flour, sugar, eggs, and disgusting oils that were formed into a beautifully deceptive creation. I smashed the piece of cake down with my hand and felt how disgusting it was. I've never really analyzed my food like this (maybe when I was a toddler hahaha). Anyway, instead of being all down on myself for eating a bite of cake, I actually feel good because for once in my life, I stopped and noticed EXACTLY what I was eating and then saw it for the disgusting garbage that it is. I'm restarting my second Whole30 today...and I'm on a serious mission to slay the sugar dragon. :ph34r:

Keri... saw your profile pic in a different log and wanted to find your latest post to tell you that you look fantastic! I can tell from this photo that you lost weight, compared to the first time you posted in my intro! Well done!

• 1 month later...

Archived