Strange Lunch Times

victoriam823

I haven't started my Whole30 journey yet (I'm starting Feb. 1st but I'm a big planner) but I'm trying to figure out when to eat. I'm up at 6:30 to send my boys off to daycare and I don't leave for work until 8:15. Lunch time is split into two 40 minute breaks, one at 11:05 to 11:45 and one from 12:45 to 1:25. I typically don't have dinner until 6ish. Plus there is a workout either in the afternoon at 4ish or after dinner at 8:30. Any ideas?

Presumably you have breakfast before 8:15 am. If you do it right, that should keep you 4-5 hours (without snacks), so the 12:45 to 1:25 pm lunch time slot would probably work better. Another 5 hours or so (again without snacks) and you're into dinner. Sounds like perfect spacing to me.

I'd have at least a mini-meal when you first get up, this sets your metabolism up and humming for the rest of the day :) If you can do a full meal, that might be better and have a mini meal before you leave work. (You may need to do some tweaking, see how it works, feel when you get hungry. If you have a full breakfast when you get up, you may not want a mini meal before work)

You could probably eat lunch at either lunch slot, if you're hungry at the first one, eat then, if not, go for the second slot.

It is good to have a Pre and Post Workout Meal for the afternoon or evening :) You may find this helps you with your meal spacing too.

It would probably help you for planning, to know if your workout was before or after dinner, so you can plan your other meals (you can always have a Plan B if things don't go according to plan).

Since your schedule is complex, I'd pack some healthy veggie snacks (carrot sticks, celery) for your first week, while you find your meal spacing :) If you don't need them, use them for soup. Avoid fruit as snacks as it will throw out your balance more and make it harder to work out the spacing. Veggies or a template mini meal would be best to fill any gaps while you tweak.

Archived