February 1st

Stargazer93

Yeah!!! I'm so excited for you!  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do, I love feeling strong. You won't get bored with Crossfit, there is a new wod everyday.  Today's was vicious though, running, wall balls, double unders (jump rope), bleh...  :lol:

PS. Sounds like you need to find a new doctor. :angry:  I would have told him off....  Good for you for still trying.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I completely forgot to come back and check-in! I finished my Whole45 on Tuesday.

RESULTS:

I lost 11 lbs and 9 inches. Non-scale victories include: no more migraines or brain fog, better concentration/focus and memory, better sleep, more energy, more stable moods, and clearer skin. I learned to enjoy cooking and get more creative in the kitchen. My cravings are under control (or non-existent depending on the food), I am not bloated, and my digestive system is much happier.

I am so proud of my results :D and I have lots of people asking me about the Whole30 because they've seen my before and after pics lol. Lead by example :)

Congrats greenhm!

I'm on day 47 of a whole100. I am having similar results with better sleep, clearer skin, and more energy. I still get cravings every now and again and that tells me that my decision to do 100 days is the right one. 

I'm still having problems eating breakfast. I'm just not super hungry in the morning and I really haven't figured out super quick breakfast options. I really love sleep and don't give myself a ton of get ready time in the morning before I rush out the door to catch the train. I know this is keeping my results from being even better. By the time lunch comes around, I'm starving. I also worry that it means I'm not eating enough overall. Which I know is terrible and can hurt my results as well. Some advice on that would be appreciated!

Agreed on the complete reset for the future. This definitely feels like a complete change in how I view food and I have no desire to go back to my old way of eating.  

• Administrators

I also worry that it means I'm not eating enough overall. Which I know is terrible and can hurt my results as well. Some advice on that would be appreciated!

Can you post a few days worth of your food (including portion sizes), fluids, sleep, exercise, stress etc? Let's see if anything stands out.

And yes, you are right that not eating a proper breakfast within an hour of waking is preventing you from achieving optimal results.  It's possible that you might need to change your routine up a bit if you want to make change in this area.  Go to bed 30 minutes earlier so you can get up 30 minutes earlier.  Prep breakfast the night before or on the weekend etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Are any of my fellow February Whole30'ers still around? How are you all doing with your health & reintroductions?

Hey Loulabelle, how are you doing?   I did not experience some of the positive side effects I had hoped for during my W30, but I also felt it was not the right time for me to continue to a W45 or W60.  I reintroduced wine as I had always planned, with no ill effects (thank you Jesus).  I tried a Starbucks flat white one day, and that was unpleasant to say the least.  I have always been lactose intolerant but wanted to see if the W30 had changed that (also really wanted a flat white).  I have not done any other proper reintroduction.  My plan was to eat W30 as my lifestyle and if something comes up, just go for it.  Other than these off road meals I am staying compliant.  As I have continued to follow a few groups on FB, I am coming to believe I need to do another W30, and then a proper reintroduction, to see if I can isolate which ingredients do not agree with me.  How is your reintroduction going?

Hi kirbygirl, I'm also thanking Jesus that I am fine with wine  :) . I'm still pretty much following the same diet and slowly reintroducing food restricted when doing AIP, mostly just eggs so far so I can have a quick breakfast sometimes. I had a little milk in my coffee a couple of times but I have found a real love for espressos so I only did that a couple of times. I still feel good with constant energy through the day and still trying to kick my butt to start exercising. 

All the best to you!

I had a little milk in my coffee a couple of times but I have found a real love for espressos so I only did that a couple of times. 

All the best to you!

Loulabelle, I also have had no need to put cream in my coffee again.  Of course I drink good coffee and I add a little bit of cinnamon and a pinch of salt to remove any bitterness - I might not feel the same way with diner coffee, but unlikely I could find compliant foods in a diner anyway lol.  I really really want the energy to hit so I can start exercising.  Hoping that will happen during the next round.  Thanks for posting - it is great to hear how someone you've been on this journey with is doing.

Archived