Yeast infection

Holly L

• Administrators

Are you absolutely positive that it's a yeast infection?  It could be candida die off (herxheimer reaction) which would give you nearly the same symptoms of the infection as the yeasts die off.  Is Whole30 a dramatic change in consumption when you go on one (specifically surrounding sugar, fruits, dairy, alcohol)?  

Check out this list of possible symptoms when experiencing a die off.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/candida-die-off.htm

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first whole30 and I joined this forum to ask about just this topic! I have NEVER had a yeast infection or vaginal issues of any kind and mine is flaming!  I came to see if this is normal with whole30 and what I should do about it. I read the above Candida die off article. Just wondering if others have experienced this and did they treat it? Does it just go away?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm on day 19. I used to get 6-8 yeast infections a year but I started taking oregano oil last year and haven't had one until today. Although could be candida but would it show up this late into the Whole 30??

FYI: I wouldn't wish a yeast infection on my worst enemy!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm doing my second Whole 30 and have suffered with YI my whole life but UTI's are rare. However, this second Whole 30 has been the worst for both. I'm on day 24 right now and they both cleared up a few days ago. I've been drinking a shot of unsweetened 100% cranberry juice in sparkling water a few times a day and just trying to ride it out. Our bodies are flushing out so much. I also have had bad skin breakouts that clear up in the last few days. Just stick with it. To me it's akin to the carb flu that so many of us get. You just have to hang in there because you feel so much better when it's over.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

This is my first Whole30.  I started developing an itch on POST day 10.  At that point I had "re-introduced" in very small tests:  canola oil, corn, raw milk, coconut nectar and a little bit of cheese.  The itch spread from the back end up to the front/groin area.  I've never had anything like this in my life.  It's looks like the jock itch my husband sometimes gets in the folds of his thighs.  Anyone know why this reaction would happen after the Whole30?  Also, how do you find relief from the itch and burning that is not Lotrimin cream from the drug store?  I read that 90% isopropyl alcohol or apple cider vinegar might work and I've tried both but no relief yet.  Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm on Day 19, and my yeast infection showed up on Day 15 and has been sticking around ever since. I just can't figure it out, because I'm being so compliant!  

I used to eat so much sugar and no yeast problems. Now I'm eating well and my body is rebelling!

for those of you with the same problems, how long did it take to clear up?

• Moderators

Have you done anything in the last four days to try and treat it?  As mentioned above, could it be candida die off?  I think it depends on what it is and what you're doing to treat it as to how long it takes to go away... I personally have never had vaginal issues like this but it sounds awful so I do hope you get some relief.  There are some good ideas up thread of natural things you can take and a link to the candida die off symptoms... check those out and I think if you google Whole30 + yeast infection or candida die off you'll find more threads with helpful information.

Good luck!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this topic.  It explains a lot of what I have been going through without realizing.  I am going to get the Vitamin C today and as I already have the calcium and milk thistle, will take those as well.  For several days relief I suggest washing all body creases with a liquid soap made from tea tree oil, in the antifungal foot section of the drug store.  Also if the situation arises with an extreme flare-up, it is harmless to buy a disposable medicated douche: it is only a mild dose of betadine and sterile water.  Really appreciate learning what the heck that was all about.  Jane3797

Archived