Tapioca Starch?

falquaid

Wait, that sounds like a perfect SWYPO to me: compliant ingredients blended into an "amazing" yogurt. To me that sounds just like a non-baked version of a paleo-fied food. Our goal is to eat real food, not these processed replacement food constructs, right?

In the link provided, Melissa addresses the yogurt question twice, once saying "no yogurt of any kind" and another quoting Tom with 'OK if you don't get cranky'. 

I could see it being OK if used to make a sauce, but if eaten as yogurt or a dessert? The use of "amazing" is a flag to me, like saying "ooooh goodie I missed yogurt so much ...".

• Moderators

The Whole30 team goes back and forth on "compliant" yogurt. One end of the spectrum allows it when the ingredients are compliant. The other end of the spectrum says no because it is not especially nutritious food and approaches recreating conventional foods with new ingredients. My own attitude today is leave it alone for 30 days because there are so many better things you should be eating. 

I think the answer comes down to what the OP was doing looking at yogurts in the store and what the end goal was. 

Falquaid, where you looking for yogurt to eat as a snack/breakfast, or were you looking for base to prepare a sauce or dip?

IMO, the former is not OK for Whole30, the latter is. But that's just my opinion. 

lucie

Archived