Whole30 in the Office

amiingwersen

Everyone! Hey!

I figured  I would introduce myself and stop lurking from a far :).  My name is Ami, I started Whole30 this previous Monday and I am loving it thus far (am I doing this wrong, where is the hidden added sugar).  I am a desk gal in Atlanta, with sports games a few times a week, a crazy boxer puppy and a mean habit for Nachos.

I am blogging my experience with food and my feelings (and lack of wine) here: myfoodmyfeelings.wordpress.com.

I am so excited to see everyone's past experiences and lean on knowledge from the veterans out there! It is so reassuring to see other folks in this challenge together.

Does anyone have any favorite blogs (including their own)? 

I am looking forward to "getting to know" everyone!

• Administrators

Ahhh...you had me at "boxer puppy"!!!  

A couple very popular blogs are Clothesmakethegirl.com and nomnompaleo.com if you're looking for recipes and of course our own Tom Denham has a blog that includes about 400 Whole30 recipes wholelifeeating.com.  ;)

I usually just bring leftovers from the night before... but.. one of my favorite things I made was salmon salad with homemade mayo, onions, diced pepper, and some raisins.... WAS SO GOOD... I also love making Paleo Cole Slaw and eating that :)

Now I know what I want for dinner :)

Does anyone have a favorite lunch to bring to the office?

I wish this was more interesting, but 2-3 kinds of veg (usually plotted over the weekend), and leftover whatever last night's protein was.

On the weekends, I'll try and freeze single-lunch sizes of protein, move to fridge night before, then take to work for lunch.

I usually just bring leftovers from the night before... but.. one of my favorite things I made was salmon salad with homemade mayo, onions, diced pepper, and some raisins.... WAS SO GOOD... I also love making Paleo Cole Slaw and eating that :)

Now I know what I want for dinner :)

Do you have a good recipe you can pass along?  Also, please let me know if there is a better way to go about asking my questions... not sure if keeping a thread alive is the right way to do things :) (most importantly, where can we share boxer photos :)  )

• Administrators

Do you have a good recipe you can pass along?  Also, please let me know if there is a better way to go about asking my questions... not sure if keeping a thread alive is the right way to do things :) (most importantly, where can we share boxer photos :)  )

You can keep this one alive if you want to.  You can also take a peek around the forum (or google "Whole30 + your question) and find threads where similar things are being discussed.

I share all my boxer photos on my instagram (ladyshanny), let's be friends! (sharing pics on the forum is a PITA as far as I am concerned)  ;)

Too much or not enough??

I am feeling full, with a slight burning in my stomach, more upper than anywhere.  Energy level is good, borderline great - very steady.  Mood is pretty stable, easily annoyed (but that is pretty much the norm):  What are ya'lls thoughts on my meals today.  At some points I think it's way off... and then I convince myself it is ok.  Thoughts/comments are completely welcome - Ami

b-strawberry, dried apple (a few), prune and pineapple + water smoothie.  (and a healthy dose of, shall I say, helpless, nay needy - coworker).  2 omelet muffins [mufflete]. 

That's my daily fruit, protein (egg) and a few veggies in the mufflete.  Should I be eating more veggies here?

l- 1 mufflete, shredded chicken, compliant marinara sauce, spinach, grilled orange and green peppers and 1 full zucchini. 1 La Croix and an apple.

I am not a marinara gal, but I am now.  It's Alessi's, if it's not compliant please break it to me gently.

d-salad (full plate): Romaine hearts, cabbage, chicken, homemade avocado dressing (1 full avocado, 1 lime, water, salt, pepper, cumin), 1/2 tomato, yellow peppers, carrots. + a 4 big olives and a few raw cashews. 1 la Croix.

• Administrators

Too much or not enough??

I am feeling full, with a slight burning in my stomach, more upper than anywhere.  Energy level is good, borderline great - very steady.  Mood is pretty stable, easily annoyed (but that is pretty much the norm):  What are ya'lls thoughts on my meals today.  At some points I think it's way off... and then I convince myself it is ok.  Thoughts/comments are completely welcome - Ami

b-strawberry, dried apple (a few), prune and pineapple + water smoothie.  (and a healthy dose of, shall I say, helpless, nay needy - coworker).  2 omelet muffins [mufflete]. 

That's my daily fruit, protein (egg) and a few veggies in the mufflete.  Should I be eating more veggies here?

l- 1 mufflete, shredded chicken, compliant marinara sauce, spinach, grilled orange and green peppers and 1 full zucchini. 1 La Croix and an apple.

I am not a marinara gal, but I am now.  It's Alessi's, if it's not compliant please break it to me gently.

d-salad (full plate): Romaine hearts, cabbage, chicken, homemade avocado dressing (1 full avocado, 1 lime, water, salt, pepper, cumin), 1/2 tomato, yellow peppers, carrots. + a 4 big olives and a few raw cashews. 1 la Croix.

The sauce is fine! Phew! ;)

How many eggs in a mufflete? A serving where eggs is the singular protein is as many as you can hold in your hand wihtout dropping and even teh smallest woman can hold at least three. You need to add muffletes until you get to that serving size. The fruit smoothie (read: sugar bomb) is not doing you any favours. That is a lot of fruit in liquid form which is basically sending a fully loading sugar charge into your system. Smoothies are discouraged on Whole30 and I would recommend not eating that much fruit so early in the morning. Sends the wrong signals to your body.

For your lunch I ask again, how many eggs in the mufflete? How much chicken did you have? A serving of meat based protein is 1-2 servings the size of your palm (length, width, thickness).

I've linked the template here in case you've not seen it, it helps in planning out what our recommended meal compositions are. http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

In summary, ditch the fruit and smoothies, up your protein and veggies. :)

Archived