Loving the Whole30

Mich

A colleague of mine told me about it, I read what was on the website and got hooked straight away.

Donna, sounds like you enjoyed your meals yesterday. I have seen a few recipes for 'pulled' pork, I think that is an american term because I haven't heard of it before but will have to try it.

Meals for me:

Brekky - salmon cakes and avocado

Lunch - left over 'the best ever chicken you will eat', salad, avo and dressing.

Dinner - chocolate chill with some baby spinach and avocado tossed in.

I was really tired yesterday, made it through the day but pretty much came home and had an hour sleep then up for a couple of hours before going back to bed. Haven't really woken up feeling refreshed today but will hopefully feel better as the day goes by.

Donna, sounds like you are heading for winter where you are. Glad your are enjoying the day. It is spring here and great that the sun is now up before me, I'm looking forward to summer.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Sarah, I had the same thing suggested by someone else. Today, because I woke up tired and then was hungry about 10.30 I ate lunch early (10.45ish) and then went and got some sweet potatoes and came back to work and microwaved them with some oil and salt and pepper. Made me feel so much better. I am going to make sure I eat some sweet potato at least once a day from now on. Seems to have made a huge difference to my energy and consequently my mood.

Todays meals:

Brekky - 1 x sausage, 2 eggs scrambled and some avocado

Lunch - Left over chicken (about 1.5 handfuls), salad, avocado, olive oil dressing

2nd lunches - Big sweet potato with some oil and salt and pepper

Dinner - Chocolate chill, roast sweet potato (with oil, salt, pepper and oregano), broccoli and baby asparagus. Half a large pear to finish.

Done, feel top of the world again. Amazing how getting my food right makes the difference. I am going to try and eat a bit more for brekky from now on (similar to what I had today) as I think I have been under eating a little.

Day 25 done and dusted.

Sarah, I'm starting to like it too. Had it with two meals today.

Today's food;

Brekky - 2 x scrambled eggs, sausage and avocado

Lunch - Salad, chocolate chill, sweet potato, pear

Dinner - prawns, mango, avocado, spinach and roast sweet potato chips.

Hi Sarah, had a good day yesterday. meals were good. What I realised today though is the last couple of nights I haven't had the urge to eat after dinner, which is big for me. I think I have lost a little weight too, which makes me feel good.

Went to a morning tea at work today and the only thing compliant was the strawberries which I took along. I wasn't really tempted by the food though (chocolate cake, tim tams, chips, cookies) which is nice. In the past I'd have some and then go back to more (maybe multiple times through the day as there are always left per). Feels great to be able to do that.

Hope your days have been good too. I think I'm on a roll too, there is still a bit of preparation but the eating is easy :).

Michelle

Good on you not eating all that non compliant food

Isn't it amazing how much rubbish food people eat and how hard it is for people like us to find something to eat.

I am finding that I don't get that late afternoon tiredness and sleeping better.clothes are looser but not much and still have a spare tyre

Just read through your log... good for you, you're doing so well!

Went to a morning tea at work today and the only thing compliant was the strawberries which I took along. I wasn't really tempted by the food though (chocolate cake, tim tams, chips, cookies) which is nice. In the past I'd have some and then go back to more (maybe multiple times through the day as there are always left per). Feels great to be able to do that.

I am the same way now, I no longer feel tempted to eat just because it's there. I'm so thankful for that, I think it could be a real problem, and could easily spin out of control for me if temptation was an issue.

p.s. I love your pic too!

Thanks Lola. Had another morning tea and then an after work function with drinks and food supplied this afternoon. Not a single thing at either event which I could eat. The morning tea was actually for me as I am changing jobs, it was really sweet of them to organise it as I haven't been in the one I'm leaving for long and they only had a couple of hours notice (although my manager and had been talking about it for a while). I was hungry at the after work one though, and left a little earlier than I would have otherwise so I could get something to eat. May need to keep some food at work for these sort of occasions.

I kinda wonder how I would be if I did eat some of those foods, ie. will it spin out of control or will I be able to stop at a little bit. Not sure. To be honest I have no real desire to eat outside the Whole30 plan at the moment. On Day 28 today and have decided to go to at least 45 days and then decide whether to start reintroducing.

Today I had pork belly, 2 x scrambled eggs and avocado for brekky, lunch was green chicken chill, asparagus and some salad, dinner was duck and orange sausage, chicken and spinach sausage, roast sweet potato chips and steamed green beans. My meals are a little eclectic sometimes as I either grab whatever is in the fridge or just whatever I feel like and they may not always be foods that go together well. Oh well, it works for me.

Good on you going for 45

Can't believe we are almost at 30

I am going to continue even though i am not enjoying all the protein but I have been doing a lot of reading and know this is the way to eat

Just started a book called the Meat Fix

Very interesting and supports the whole 30

I am going to try eat more veggies and cut the meat,chicken

I seem to feel better that way.

Go day 29

I kinda wonder how I would be if I did eat some of those foods, ie. will it spin out of control or will I be able to stop at a little bit. Not sure. To be honest I have no real desire to eat outside the Whole30 plan at the moment. On Day 28 today and have decided to go to at least 45 days and then decide whether to start reintroducing.

You will know what right for YOU, and when it's right for you. One of my favourite things that the W30 did for me is put me back in charge. Now when I consider my options, I have my little ISWF voice in the back of my head saying - it'll either improve your health, or decline your health - you make the call! I know that I'm the one who had to deal with the consequences of my decisions..

Congrats on knowing when to leave your work party... Do you have Lara bars in Australia?? They're individually wrapped for just such an occasion!

Oh, I googled recipes for Lara Bars and they look yummy. Will definitely put on the list of must trys.

Today was pretty good food wise although I did go down to some markets with a friend and was so tempted to have an ice cream, also felt a little 'unhappy' at lunch given options were limited. I actually felt like apologising to my friend even though she ordered what she wanted. I definitely have a feeling that my being so selective about what I will eat puts a dampener on the mood of events .....although I equally think this is just in my head (if that makes sense), i.e.. I worry about the impact it could have on others more than anyone else is actually affected by it.

Food today was a lovely brekky of pork belly and sweet potato cooked in the pork belly fat. Is this naughty? It certainly felt that way but the sweet potato was delish. Had a handful of nuts about mid morning and then for lunch had poached eggs, mushrooms and avocado. Was worried it wouldn't fill me up but it did. Had a few more nuts late in the afternoon and then had chicken larb with some avocado for dinner. A bit light on the vegetables but I really didn't feel like cooking.

I really like the chicken larb (http://eatdrinkpaleo...th-red-cabbage/), I haven't made the red cabbage salad yet but will buy the ingredients for it and the dressing tomorrow. If you are interested in cooking the larb, I didn't add the tamari sauce and it was fine. I also won't add the sugar or tamari sauce to the dressing. Hopefully it will still be okay.

Have a good day everyone. Day 30 for me tomorrow. So glad I didn't given into the ice cream today!

Like the look of the chicken larb

Good for you not eating ice cream ,it probably would have given you a stomach ache anyway.

It's funny how we are so concerned about our friends,I know i always feel that they think i am crazy

We are going out for dinner tonight ,i chose a Japanese restuarant cos there will be a lot I can eat on the menu.....no sushi for me

Day 30 done and dusted. It went so fast and was relatively easy to do. Still loving the whole30.

Today was another good day especially since i found out that one of my favourite breakfast haunts does a Whole 30 compliant vege stack. I also did a cook / cut up and now have some meatballs, lots of chopped veges and some roast mushrooms and sweet potato ready to go in the fridge.

Brekky - 2 x poached eggs, avocado, mushrooms, rocket and tomato

Lunch - Chicken larb with red cabbage salad (sure to become a favourite summer meal)

Dinner - 2 x roast chicken legs, sweet potato and green beans.

Thanks for your support guys, it has really helped. I will do my blog in the Success Stories soon and will be starting another blog as I intend to do another 15-30 days.

well I learnt something there, I wasn't sure what Agrugula was and it turns out I have been eating all along. it is a bit trendy here in Australia at the moment. I don't tend to buy it when I'm shopping because I find it goes bitter really quickly but quite often have it when I go out to eat.

Archived