Starting Sun Jan 25

V_Craver

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christinsorso- I am by no way an expert, but you may get hungry. 1 egg isn't enough protien. I have learned from lurking in this forum, the moderators recommend a "handful" of protein which for most is 3-4 eggs. And you need to have veggies with all meals. Just check out the meal template, it will guide you in the right direction.

Good Luck all!

Hi Everyone!  I started today for the first time.  For breakfast...2 egg beaters scrambled with onions, peppers and tomato, along with a side of fresh pineapple.  Lunch...salad with veggies dressed with balsamic vinegar and olive oil, along with deli roast beef that I dipped in spicy mustard (no sugar in it). 

It is going to be challenging tonight when I can't have that glass of wine :) .

@volchick -- thanks for the recs! i got a little bit more protein from the almonds, but overall is stayed full for 4+ hours while i was shopping. but then i got HANGRY! haha. thankfully i was at whole foods and munched on some blackberries and figs. i'm about to make a kale salad next. :)

My husband and I just started today as well! We actually ate out today at whole foods for lunch while shopping for everything for the week and found everything there to be easily labeled so you know exactly what they are cooked with! Doing simple grilled chicken and broccoli for dinner tonight.

If anyone is interested, I'll be posting recipes and thoughts on my blog, Hungry Meets Healthy. I'm also posting on instagram (@christinaorso) if you guys are on it too! Let me know your handles!

I made an easy, yummy afternoon snack earlier:

FullSizeRender-6-500x500.jpg

1/2 cup blueberries

1/2 cup blackberries

2 tbsp balsamic vinegar

fresh mint, chopped

just toss and enjoy!

It's so good to see so many starting today. That recipe Christina looks good. Finished off the day with a red bell pepper,onion, garlic , and pork frittata. And some braised beef and an apple salad for dinner. Everyone have a great night day 2 coming up.

Day One for me today. Weigh in 140 lbs. I've been eating modified paleo for about 3 months now. I'm a loyal follower of Dr. Mercola's intermittent fasting (I eat between 11 am and 7 pm only) and I try to do two-to-three high intensity workouts each week. I'm down from 160 lbs and feeling great. Today was easy: 3 eggs with a little water and a dash of cayenne mixed in the Magic Bullet and then gently scrambled with a side of spinach sautéed in coconut oil. For dinner, we enjoyed pork tenderloin in a rosemary, garlic, smoked paprika rub and baked sweet potatoes drizzled with a little olive oil. I baked a gluten-free sugar-free banana bread with a cream cheese frosting for my husband. I wasn't even tempted to lick the spoon. Yay me!

Archived