Hello everyone!  My boyfriend Bill and I started yesterday and we are excited to embark on this journey. I am a distance runner, and don't really have any weight to lose, but I want to detox, improve sleep, have more energy,  feel better, more alert, relaxed, and improve longevity.  Bill wants to lose about 15 pounds, and all of the above, in preparation to do some triathlons this year and an Ironman in October.  in general we know what we should and should not eat, but always like new ideas and variety. My biggest problem is that my training volume is always fairly high between running and crossfit, so I'm always hungry and tired. I routinely drink wine at night to relax and fall asleep, so really want to kill that habit.  We appreciate the support and resources available, and look forward to this adventure and personal growth. :) Regina and Bill

Hello everyone!  My boyfriend Bill and I started yesterday and we are excited to embark on this journey. I am a distance runner, and don't really have any weight to lose, but I want to detox, improve sleep, have more energy,  feel better, more alert, relaxed, and improve longevity.  Bill wants to lose about 15 pounds, and all of the above, in preparation to do some triathlons this year and an Ironman in October.  in general we know what we should and should not eat, but always like new ideas and variety. My biggest problem is that my training volume is always fairly high between running and crossfit, so I'm always hungry and tired. I routinely drink wine at night to relax and fall asleep, so really want to kill that habit.  We appreciate the support and resources available, and look forward to this adventure and personal growth. :) Regina and Bill

Just be prepared, especially in these early days, for low energy. It takes awhile for your body to fat adapt and you will likely feel it in your workouts. Just know it will pass. I'm currently on day 26 and I've been feeling pretty good and strong for about 4 or 5 days. Before that I was really struggling. I ran a half marathon on day 17 at about 1min/mile slower than I should have. I tried fueling with dates, but it didn't help. I had lead legs. Just know this going into it. It will take your body some time to adjust from cheap carbs for fuel to good fats, but it will come to pass even if it feels like forever. I am feeling pretty close to normal now. I had a great speed session on Saturday and a good long run on Sunday, both holding strictly to W30.

Best of luck to both of you.

Welcome :)

You may want to read up in the athletes section of the forum:

http://forum.whole9life.com/forum/11-whole30-for-athletes/

Make sure you're eating enough and having Pre & Post Workout meals.

I recommend avoiding big workouts on a Kill All The Things day as you may be more likely to get an injury (cranky exercise is not always safety at it's best). Go for a walk instead :)

http://whole30.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/

Archived