Best way to burn fat on the whole30

Anna2264

Ok so in on day 26 today and its been pretty good so far! I am not looking to loose weight since im already 115 pounds 5"4 high i started doing the whole30 to stop my cravings for sweets and become a healthier and happier me also to encourage my husband who did need to loose weight, i also have reactive hypoglycemia and so i really needed to be careful with my sugar intake the thing is i want to lower my body fat percentage and get lean i currently go to the gym 4 times a week we do strenght training and on cardio days we do metcons or plyometrics or run (Tuesdays)

Ok so whats the best way to lower my body fat? Aside from the exercice i guess what i eat is going to play a huge role ? Looking forward to your advice! Thank!!

Hi there, Anna!  I'm sure you already know, that while on the Whole30, we do not want you focusing on weight loss.  Focusing on fat loss is along the same lines ;).  With that said, at 5'4" and 115 lbs you likely do not have much body fat to lose.  If you are not happy with your body composition, at that low weight, you likely need to gain some muscle mass.  If you just lose fat without replacing it with lean mass, you will likely begin to look underweight. 

Just continue with the program, follow the meal template and use pre and post workout meals as needed (read: do not skip meals in an attempt to reduce body fat), continue your strength training and REST and sleep well.  Without the appropriate fuel and rest, your body can't repair and build the muscle that will help you to appear leaner.  

But, of course, we want to focus on all the other health benefits (improved mood, sleep, skin, focus, motivation, blood sugar and lipid levels, etc etc) this program provides, first and foremost! :)

Hi Andria!! Yes you are totally right the correct thing to ask was how to gain muscle mass! my problem with body fat since before i started eating better was that it was over 28% i weighted 129 pounds but i didnt look overweight still dont but i dont have much muscle! And from a performance point of view i do need to have more muscle mass in order to improve my performance! I ll certainly keep eating this way and getting to know my body and how food affects me! I have a long way to go but i am feeling super confident i ll be able ti achieve my goals! I have learned so much! Im just also very curious as you may have noticed haha! Thank you for all your advice! Best regards Anna :)

Archived