So mad!

disp525

I blew it, completely wrecked by 15 days of honest Whole30.  I ended up getting held at work another 8 hrs  because I have coworkers who won't come in the minute the first flake of snow falls.  I got through the first extra shift ok, I had an emergency Larabar with me.  The real problem camethe next day when the blizzard actually hit.  I was stuck at work for 24 hours. Nothing was open, the grocery stores were completely emptied out, and I could not have left anyway. I also had no time to prep anything to bring back with me, as I only had 8 hrs off between my double shift and the 24 hour marathon, and that 8 hrs included my travel time back & forth to work and a couple of hours of attempted sleep.  My department brought in food, but believe me, none of it was Whole30 approved, or even remotely healthy. In 24 hours I ate Stauffers lasagna, a roast beef sandwich, Eggo waffles, oatmeal cookies, and even  a brownie.  Yes, I could have taken the 2 slices of roast beef off the sandwich and wiped the commercial mayo off of it, but that would have left me extremely hungry, and depressed.  Under the circumstances, there isn't anything I could have done.  Oh sure, it was my choice to eat, I could have opted not to, yeah tough love and all that, but let's face it, for most of us that would not be an option.  I know it wasn't for me.  As far as being better prepared, maybe, but refrigerator space is very limited, and I could not have filled it with 24 hrs worth of Tupperware containers, nor did I have the time to prep that much to take back to work with me.  The real kicker here is not only did I blow a great run with my Whole30, but I felt absolutely sick after eating at work.  A food hangover.   Today is a new day, and I am back on track, but I am just so disappointed.  Ok, rant over. Thanks for listening.

In life - shit happens.  No one is judging you for what happened.  In circumstances beyond your control I am sure we would all have made similar choices.

Put it behind you and move on. May I suggest a whole 45? (include the 15 days that you just completed)

Archived