January 26th (and nearby dates) Support Thread

CharDoll

Hi all!

The other w30s I did had one support thread that we all posted in and got to know each other, asked for support, showed food logs if necessary etc. I feel like I'm reading 4 or 5 different threads of people who started the same day or the day before or after. Join me in here and we can help each other! :-)

Awesome! Thanks for inviting me over here. I hope this thread gets going...I can always use the extra support and accountability :)

I am a 27 year old school social worker. This is my first whole30 and I am excited! I started on January 26th so this is day 3. I was feeling really great the first few days and today was the first time I felt that "hungover" withdrawl feelings. But that's GOOD! It means I am clearing out! Yay! I am appreciating the cooking I am doing and love planning/organizing, so the meal prep and meal planning gets me excited. We'll see how long this excitement lasts, but I'll take it for now.

Tonight I made apple cinnamon pork chop. Delicious. I am feeling extra tired tonight so an early bed time for me. 

That sounds so yummy! Roasted broccoli, baked white potato with ghee and pan fried chicken over here.

I'm 34 and this is my 4th or 5th whole 30. Lost track because my first was July 2013 and I stayed paleo from then til December when I got pregnant with my 3rd. I also got a horrible cold, nausea and major food aversions, so went haywire and completely off paleo for over a month. Eek. I became addicted to sugar and bread again, bad, and lost control. Already feel mentally and physically clearer at the end of day 3. Yay.

Glad you're here!

Hi,

I'm Tiffany a 34 year old self employed jewelry designer and metal smith.   I'm starting tomorrow and would love to form a group for support.  Maybe it's good that some are at different stages?  This will be my first Whole 30.  I've tried to complete other programs before like Clean but this one resonates most.  My issue is I have trouble getting past the first couple days or having willpower in tough situations.  I'd love to connect and have some accountability with others!  

Hi Everyone!

My name is Natalie and I am 33yrs old. This is my first whole 30 and I started on Monday the 26th. Today is the hardest day so far....I can't seem to get full or reach satiety....I keep feeling like I need to eat more food but today was a rest day...so I figured I would eat less food but I feel like I can't get my portions right or something....sigh. I'm too stubborn to quit though.

Hi, I am 30 year old homeschooling mom with 3 little ones. This is my first whole 30. We desperately needed this in our life and home. My husband is doing it too. Today was our second day one! We did it monday, then thought he was going out of town and wanted to be able go do it at same time, now that he isn't going we are back on today! It's really tough. Wasn't too bad getting through the day but my cravings hit hard at night with headaches to come with it. Do the veterans know when you actually start to feel a lot better?

@ladyn81: Yesterday was also my hardest day so far. I am definitely still trying to figure out my portions and how much food I need. I was absolutely not hungry on Mon-Tues but on Wednesday...I couldn't get enough!

I would also be interested when you generally start to feel better. I've seen the timeline, but wonder about others previous experiences on the Whole30.

http://whole30.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/

Hi hi hi! I'm 34 and doing my 2nd whole30. I just started today. so it's been about 6 hours. So far, so good:) From my very limited experience...there is no real answer to "when you will feel better." I think it is different for everyone. I know that in my first whole30, i didn't actually realize how great I felt until it was "over." Yes there were times throughout the 30 that I slept amazing, jumped out of bed in the morning (and i am not a morning person...) and was roaring with energy all day. But at those times, I also was not convinced that was tiger's blood. I was like ok, cool, i feel good, no big deal. OH NO, IT WAS A BIG DEAL. but like i said, i didn't realize it until post-30. I think that is part of this - figuring YOUR body out. Everyone will react differently and some will feel really great on day 3 (so I read/hear), others will take 30+ days. There are so many variables, there is, unfortunately - no formula for what day you will feel better. Fortunately, however, that is part of the fun! Learning about YOU! 

I'm excited to be on this journey with all of you. look forward to sharing stories and helping each other along the way! 

oh and also from my past forum stalking - the moderators or very experienced posters - usually weigh in on stuff, so feel free to (always) ignore me and listen to them (recommended action:))!!

Check the timeline. Allijae posted it above.

I am definitely in the "kill all the things" stage today. Feel great physically, but just pissy at everyone. Ha. Was chalking it up to stress, and pregnancy hormones then I remembered that days 4 and 5 are "kill all the things."

Also, if you're still hungry, drink a huge glass of water and add more protein and fat to your meals. Think about adding a starchy vegetable too. I've been eating huge meals since monday so I wouldn't feel hungry, and that has helped get over the sugar withdrawal.

:-)

I will jump in :) My husband and I started on the 27th, so day three for us. So far it has gone really well. Our goals for our Whole 30 are to have more energy and of course lose some weight. My husband's allergies/asthma have been getting worse over the last few months, so we are hoping it he finds some relief. Also, I have been having trouble sleeping, and have been dealing with headaches of and on for the last two and half years. 

@honormaria, I am a homeschooling, stay at home mom to 3 littles, too! 

I am looking forward to hearing all your experiences and getting through this together :) 

I definitely want to kill all the things today, too :) Especially when a parent brought in 3 different trays of cookies to the teacher's lounge. #*$%(*@#$* I held back and enjoyed my roast and carrots. haha.

I have a fit bit and have been tracking my sleep. So I am interested to see the differences in my sleep cycles. I have been sneezing ALL day. I've never really had allergies before, and I don't feel like I'm getting sick.

I am going out to eat tonight...

Any suggestions?

I've already looked at their menu and I plan to get a burger (organic, local, and grass fed!) on a bed of greens with onion and tomato. I will put mustard on top of it and order a side of steamed veggies...of course, asking all the questions along the way.

I turned 36 on the 26th and this is my first Whole30. I have an 8 month old daughter want to drop some baby weight and get healthy. Today was hard. I kept thinking about bread and all the commercials for food looked so good. But I stayed to my plan and got my Zen on at a yoga class.

I turned 36 on the 26th and this is my first Whole30. I have an 8 month old daughter want to drop some baby weight and get healthy. Today was hard. I kept thinking about bread and all the commercials for food looked so good. But I stayed to my plan and got my Zen on at a yoga class.

I agree about the commercials. I usually try to walk away during those parts!!

Day 5: Off to a great start. Woke up feeling very refreshed and energized, after a horrible headache most of the evening before. I am loving my food choices and am always excited for whatever meal is ahead. I am only concerned about getting sick of eggs...but other than that I feel like I have so many quick and easy options. And it's also been great to experiment and learn more about spices and flavor. Going into the weekend may be tough, just because there is less structure with work and schedules. But I am determined to make it work!

Last night I made it through my first meal out. This restaurant uses local (as much as possible) organic meat. They make REALLY good tacos, but you can also order them naked. So I got a steak taco on a bed of greens with Pico and guac. And a Talapia fish taco on a bed of greens with pico, mango salsa, and cabbage. I made homemade marinara sauce last night and baked spaghetti squash. I'm excited for the leftovers today!

After a full work week on whole30...I am wondering if I am snacking too much. I feel like I am snacking to keep from eating the sweet treats in the teacher's lounge, and I have been feeling hungry in between meal 1 and 2...but maybe it is too much. 

Is anyone else snacking? Any good recs for snacks or do I just need to completely rule it out to be successful? Or do you feel less like snacking as time goes on?

This would be a typical day for me from last week:

1: 2 eggs, spinach, mushrooms, sweet potato or spaghetti squash has cooked in coco oil, sausage

Snack: pistachios OR macadamia nuts OR almonds, a slice of compliant bacon 

2: Leftovers (Friday was: spaghetti sauce with ground beef over half spaghetti squash, carrots, applesauce) 

Snack: See above (only happened 1x this week)

3: Apple/onion cinnamon pork chop (1), tons of asparagus cooked in olive oil, another veggie (broccoli?)

• Administrators

Morning, day 6 for me. Actually surprised and excited I haven't caved. Breakfast this morning 4eggs and two bananas blended to a batter to make pancakes. yum!

Hi Karnds, unfortunately those banana eggs pancakes are specifically called out as against the Whole30 Rules. http://whole30.com/downloads/official-whole30-program-rules.pdf

Besides following the basic rules, we also recommend that you try to create your meals to fit the template so that you are getting a balanced and appropriate amount of protein, veggies, fat (and some fruit if you choose). http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

• Administrators

I must be missing something, I checked your links and didn't see anything on bananas or those pancakes?

In the Whole30 Rules link it's the last paragraph on page 2.

If you look at this link and scroll down to "Pancakes" it'll talk about the specific pancakes that you made: http://whole30.com/2013/06/the-official-can-i-have-guide-to-the-whole30/

:)

Bananas as a fruit choice are fine.

I'm excited to me these chicken wings tonight for the superbowl:

http://meganschallenge.blogspot.com/2013/12/buffalo-chicken-wings.html?m=1

Prego me has been craving spicy food today! Had hot italian sausage and salad for lunch. Yum.

Has everyone else almost made it through the weekend? I've found once you hit the one week mark it gives you more fuel to keep going. :-)

Archived