Do I have to reintroduce?

Mamaclark124

Ok this is my second whole 30. My first was great. I lost weight,inches, slept better and felt better all around. I ended it right before thanksgiving. I did ok at first, but ... Let's just say I went off roading and fell off the mountain ;). I started my second whole 30 after the holidays. I'm just about finished and I feel great again. I am sleeping better my clothing fits looser and I have found my tiger blood. So I really don't want to reintroduce foods in the fear of falling off the deep end again. I know that dairy and grains don't agree with me. I rarely eat sugar in any form besides fruit. I know this isn't a whole 365, but I really love the way I feel and don't want to go back. Is this ok?

Thanks I read it. I guess I shouldn't say I'm afraid to go off the deep end again. I really just have no desire to eat grains or dairy just because. I've lost my taste for them. It's like when you eat some disgusting processed food from your childhood and then think to yourself how did I even like this. That's how I feel now about pizza or ice cream. I know from my first time that those two food groups are not my friends. I'm thinking of staying paleo but probably not as whole 30 strict (ie sugars or a little wine)

• Administrators

Thanks I read it. I guess I shouldn't say I'm afraid to go off the deep end again. I really just have no desire to eat grains or dairy just because. I've lost my taste for them. It's like when you eat some disgusting processed food from your childhood and then think to yourself how did I even like this. That's how I feel now about pizza or ice cream. I know from my first time that those two food groups are not my friends. I'm thinking of staying paleo but probably not as whole 30 strict (ie sugars or a little wine)

Actually it's all that much better that you're not afraid because that's actually not who the article was written for.  It was really written for people such as yourself who don't actually have anything in their immediate future that they want to test out.  Totally fine!  Just be aware when ever you do go "off plan" to use it as your "reintro day" for whatever that item is!  Could take months!  :)

I've actually never done reintros before, just slow rolled my way or consciously lept off the rails (Christmas chocolate, I'm looking at you!).  This time though I am actually going to reintroduce legumes so I can make chili with beans in it again.  That's it for me though, everything else I know I'm not interested in.  Dairy and gluten grains don't agree with me and the smell of the hubby cooking rice last night made me gag, so there's that.  LOL.

For some foods, I reintroduced once and then never touched them again, rather than bringing them back into my daily food. Just so I know what my reactions were. If you already know they affect you badly, you don't need to reintroduce them again

• 3 weeks later...

Mamaclark124

I am on my 2nd whole 30 and feel the same way 

Gave up grains last year - never fizzed on me - just stopped eating them one day

Although I love dairy it does not love me - have known this for years

Why would you put a bad oil in your body ever again

If you can live without legumes why reintroduce

Sugar is sugar is sugar - it makes my heart race 

I will probably stay paleo too after this W30 

We can agree that the odd glass of wine is good for you - if only for emotional / sentimental reasons

Zoe

Archived