Brewer5: Keto 2015

Brewer5

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are home now, had yesterday to sort of recover from our trip...  Now my middle son is coughing and my throat just doesn't feel right at all.   :(   Something's up.  I'm sure vacation food helped.

So I am making every effort to get back to 100% compliant eating today.  For at least a few days.  No guarantees about the weekend.

Not concerned about monitoring or wondering about ketosis at this point.  I just feel a bit overwhelmed and I have so much to do here.  Can't really afford to be sick.

Yesterday was a completely keto-compliant day, and completely boring, but I will post it anyway.

Three of us here are fighting this ...virus... or whatever it is now.  Fun times.

Super low on groceries since we have not been to the store yet since we've been back.  Had to work with what I have.

M1:  eggs (4), coconut oil/ghee, 2T collagen in my coffee

M2:  cod, broccoli, coconut oil, macadamia nuts

M3:  eggs (4), coconut oil, french green beans, coconut manna, sunflower seeds

I have managed to keep up my Vitamin D3 -- even while traveling, which I am impressed with -- and I am up to 1200 IU daily, with no headaches.  

The past 2 days I have been taking 1000 mg of Ester-C with each meal, also.  This has not progressed past the point of "throat and ears feel funny" -- and I really don't want it to!

My bicycle has been ugly this week. Like someone stole it and switched all the parts around. I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired! Tomorrow is a new day... With new resolve. I WILL be getting out my monitors & testing in the morning. Hold me accountable, friends. I really need it right now. :(

2/20

Last night, as I was feeling sorry for myself on the couch, and my husband was trying to dart out the door for work (again), I had him order Mexican food. I don't need to get into the details on that -- same as last time, involving beans, rice, chips. Finished the evening off by making the last box of gluten-free cookie mix I had in the cabinet from the holidays. That should make me feel better, right? :rolleyes:

NO. No, that should NOT make me feel better -- and I know it! I simply didn't care. They sounded good, they were here, and so, they got baked.

One funeral trip and a cold virus is apparently all it takes to knock me off my bike completely. {For future reference, I should never try to do those two things back-to-back again.} Ugh.

Woke up to the lovely, highest fasting blood glucose I personally have ever had. Yet, ketones that are in a normal range for me whether I am busting my ass to stay ketogenic or not.

FBG: 114

AM Ketones: 7 green

Vitamin D3: 1300 IU

M1: decaf w/ collagen, MCT, ghee ... (6) microwaved bacon (not the same as oven-cooked) ;)

M2: ground turkey, homemade taco seasoning, spinach, red bell pepper, salsa

M3: turkey burger & (1oz) sunflower seeds

M4: ground turkey, homemade taco seasoning, spinach, orange bell pepper, salsa, coconut manna

Activity: 5/3/1 Squats! Finally... finally back to lifting. It had been 2 weeks. That HAS to be part of my funk lately. I felt better immediately.

I'm riding my bike, not particularly fast.  I'm pretty much just tooling along.  I'm right on the edge of discomfort with butt cramps from that seat made for a tiny hiney.  :D  I walk and hike between 3 & 4 miles as part of my dog walking routine.  That creeps to 5-7 when it's so darned nice outside.   I do free weights and swimming  3 days aweek.

My knees pay after a bit of folly.   I have to embrace more gentle stuff.  Gentle stuff can be just as effective without lots of pain for the foreseeable future.   

I want to stay limber and in decent working order.   I want to release endorphins into the Universe.  I'm also releasing weight to the sun for solar flaring.   I wish I could release more so I could warm the city of Boston up.   When that fat goes splatttt...it's the pop heard 'round the world.  :lol: 

My food doesn't vary much.   I don't have to cook in bulk and can make last minute changes on any given day.   I'm so chill you could freeze ice on my arse....because it's snowing once again.

I believe in pulling what we need from lots of different sources - a bunch of sugar avoidance.

Heaping spoonfuls of MacNut Oil.  Whopping boatloads of simplicity.

I'm not ready for prime time.   I work within my own limitations.   Progress.  Not Perfection.  The body I have today is where I'm at now.   I want it to last way into the future, like, waaaay.

Hang tough.   You've been through alot.   Your major achievements are still at your fingertips.

Archived