Failed first time, now second try Whole30 complete- and completely converted

umann

I really resisted paleo and whole30 dietary changes coming from a successful ww diet and generally liking veggie/cheese options instead of meat. But my sugar cravings at 3pm were beginning to feel like an addiction so I agreed with my husband to give it another go... (Failed the first time because of stress, lack of commitment, and too much reliance on nuts and fruit snacks- quit 14 days in)

This time I committed fully and the result is great. 10 pounds down, no bloat, and sugar cravings are just a faint call occasionally. looking forward to reintroduce as I want to see which was the bloat cause... Wheat or milk... But I plan to keep eating this way and whole 30 again in a couple months.

Thanks for the template!

Oh yes, hubby lost about the same and wakes up in the am with way more energy (he's NOT a morning person).  We're both going to continue in the same way generally for now and maybe try another whole30 at the beginning of March.  I'm very happy that I can have salami and dijon mustard and not have to worry about the small stuff.  He's gone back to milk in his coffee - whereas I found I'm happy to drink my Earl Grey tea black.  We had a bit of a bender so didn't really get to reintroduce properly this time (his birthday is feb 2nd, we went to Paris, so you just have to roll with the wheat and milk there.)  Still I defo noticed the changes in my body from just the weekend eating all that delicious, but not nutritious stuff.  Favourite special treat was an amazing glass of hot cocoa on Isle St. Louis!  It was amazing - maybe in part because of the lack of sugar I really appreciated it!

Hi umann - I have just started the Whole30 (day 3) and was interested by what you said above about how your first time was not as successful partly due to a reliance on fruit and nut snacks.

I was just wondering if you did incorporate any fruit and nuts into the program the second time around at all (perhaps as part of your meals rather than snacks)? I am curious about finding the right balance of fruit, nuts and starchy veg while maintaining weight loss on the program and am eager to hear about what worked for other people.

Many thanks.

Archived