2wks into the program and no weight loss....

I have followed the meals to a tee and nothing I realized to hadn't lost weight when I visited the doctor and had to get on the scales. I know the doctor's scales can be off a bit so to make sure I came home and sure enough no weight loss. Felling very frustrated I haven't cheated one bit and it's depressing to not see some kind of a reward. HELP!

Ok, first off it's Whole30 not Whole2Weeks. :-)

http://whole30.com/2014/01/whole30-tough-love/

Have you noticed any non-scale victories yet?

To see if you're on the right track, post 2-3 days worth of your food log, including water consumption, nightly hours of sleep, and any exercise, so we can give you feedback on possible tweaks.

• Administrators

Weight is but one indicator of what is going on in your body at a cellular level.  I second Chris on the Non Scale Victories!

Consider using some of these markers as a better indicator of improving overall health:  http://whole9life.com/2012/08/new-health-scale/

The Whole30 is not a weight loss program, I'm sorry.  Weight loss comes for most people when they change their diet but depending on your context that could come later or possibly not at all (many of us entered into this desiring to lose weight and ultimately realizing that we are an appropriate weight, therefore nothing needs to be lost).  If you have gut issues, auto-immune issues, hormonal issues, insulin resistance or any host of other issues, dropping pounds may not be the first concern your body is going to deal with.  

the first week I felt really good and had lots of energy exercise was good. Week 2 my energy level dropped. I eat basically the same things every day

B...three egg omelet cooked in coconut oil, onion, chopped up green, yellow, red and orange peppers, three pieces of bacon

L.... Palm size of either chicken or whole30 meatloaf, brussel spouts, sweet potatoes, cauliflower, 1 to 2 halo oranges

D....same as lunch

I drink 64 ounces of lemon flavored what everyday

I do have fibromyalgia an autoimmune disorder plus I weigh 200lbs I am considered obese. I need to lose weight plus eat right healthy. Is there no way to do that on this program or am I just one of those people that needs a lot more to time with the program? I guess I just don't understand how you could not lose weight if you have given up all sugar all processed foods all sodas. I'm just confused?

If you want to lose weight, I would suggest dropping the bacon.

It's unclear how much veggies you're having: aim for 1-3 cups per meal.

What fats are you having at lunch and dinner? Are your meals satiating you for 4-5 hours?

You need more water: the target we recommend is 1/2 oz per pound of your current body weight.

How many hours of sleep are you getting? How is your current stress level?

• Administrators

Not to say you will not lose weight, you probably will.  I just meant that if your body is trying to heal other ailments right now including an autoimmune disease, that it could be prioritizing other healing over weight loss.  Humans aren't equations, unfortunately, we don't get to decide how our bodies react.  You are doing the absolute best you can by eating in this healthy and manageable way, the rest will come.  And yes, it might take you longer. Depending on where you came from before W30 it could be longer healing, longer for your body to trust what is inbound, longer for you to trust your body's signals.  Also note that even if it takes you longer to see tangible results or you end up staying "whole30-ish" for a year or more, progress is not linear, it's not a switch at the end.  For most it's a gradual improvement so you get to enjoy the results of that as you continue on.

• Moderators

My guess is that your hormonal rhythms are far from where they need to be. The real secret of losing fat is to establish a good rhythm of eating and sleeping. When your hormones begin to cooperate, you will start to lose weight. 

Be careful to always eat at least the meal template minimum. I know you want to lose weight, but when you eat too little for your size, your metabolism slows down and makes weight loss slower. This is counter-intuitive, but you have to nourish your body fully and consistently for it to feel safe enough to release fat.

http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf 

It can be very important to eat breakfast within an hour after waking in the morning to help get your hormones into a good rhythm. 

I have talked with a number of people who did not start losing weight until they had been eating Whole30-style for 6 or even 8 weeks. If you follow the meal planning template, you will start to lose weight, but it can be frustratingly slow to start. 

You do need to be drinking about 100 ounces of water per day. 

Archived