I am hosting some family guests this Labor Day weekend and I don't want to freak them out with my "restrictions"! Help!

Jo Nevares

So I have family coming in for the weekend. We won't be here for every meal, but I presume at least breakfast and some snack times. What should I have on hand for them so they will see the beauty of my new lifestyle eating!? :) I want them to be comfortable, but I also don't want any foods in my house that might trigger my cravings! Yikes! I will be on days 5,6,7 when they arrive. Can anyone suggest some cool breakfast options? I figure I will at least have eggs, fruit, and bacon (the bacon I have has sugar so it has been in the freezer, but my guests can have it)! They are carb chip coffee cake lovers ;/

-Fritatta...so many varieties

-sweet potato and sausage hash

-steak and eggs!!

-fruit salad or fresh fruit

-scrambled eggs with lots of veggies and sweet potato hash browns

-roasted veggies with eggs or sausage or bacon

You could also look at this challenge from a different perspective. Instead of worrying about upsetting your guests with your restrictions, you can be taking the opportunity to broaden their horizons by introducing them to new/different foods, or familiar foods prepared in a different way :)

I totally agree with this. Just cook what you know is healthy for everyone and tasty and maybe have a loaf of bread around for those that insist. We can't force everyone to do what we are doing...(as much as I truly want to). Leading by example in this case is probably the way to go. Just don't have things that sabotage you.

Archived