Day 8 is Yuck!

Michelleva

Both my daughter and I are feeling terrible today.

We were feeling on top of the world yesterday and today, our stomach's are doing knots.

We've stuck to the program 100%, I don't think its a bug, I think its our guts healing and part of the detox, its still sucks big time though.

Today is my day 8 and I was looking for a little validation - thank you for your post!  I also started the day feeling "Yuck".  The kind of - not quite sick but certainly would love to stay in bed ALL DAY and sleep it off.  As an additional "insult" my face decided to break out even more (I'm 40 and feel this is silly at my age).  Agh! 

My logical side is saying "this is proof of the junk leaving your body".

My emotional side is saying "See, it doesn't matter if you have your sugar filled latte (with donuts) or not - you still feel like YUCK and still break out".

I will push past this.  I just want a nap to help me do it.  :) 

-FrazzledEnds

I hear you both! I'm on day nine today and feeling "marginally" better than the last four days. But wow it's been tough. GI system is totally out of whack (although it wasn't great before I started this). I've been trying digestive enzymes, bone broth, and finally substituted warm water with lemon juice/apple cider vinegar for coffee in the mornings. I've also cut out nuts - mainly almonds - but still having coconut oil / milk.

I'm really excited to get through this stage because once the stomach / bowel discomfort passes (pun intended) I think I'm going to feel GOOD. 

Hang in there FrazzledEnds - you can push past it.

Michelleva -  yes to gut healing. Have you tried digestive enzymes? Whether a placebo or not I certainly feel better (and proactive) taking one with each meal.

Wow, I'd forgotton that I posted this.

We did go through a stage of feeling crap in the stomach and that still comes and goes but on the whole we're both feeling great. Today is day 14 for us and we've had no slip ups. So very proud of us.

I found yesterday hard, I don't think I had a big enough lunch and in the afternoon I felt hungry and was craving junk food. My answer was to have a cup of tea and get busy till dinner time. It worked and I got through it.

Frazzled, I know exactly where you're coming from, stick with it, it will get better I promise.

Laura I haven't tried digestive enzymes, I will see if I can find some info about them. Thanks for the tip.

Keep going everyone, we've got this. :D

Archived