Sugar free Hard candies / Breath Mints

ckatter

This is a two part request for advice.  Since I quit smoking a few yrs ago, I always have a small piece of hard candy after my meals.  Also, I work in an close quarter office environment and attend multiple mtngs a week.  Can any one recommend some type of hard candy / breath mints that is Whole 30 approved?  :huh:  

Sorry, no on the candy or mints: neither are Whole30 approved.

Alternatives for breath freshener have been discussed on the forum in the past. Google Whole30 fresh breath to get links to past threads.

The other option is to use the Whole30 to create a new non-food habit after your meals.

Not even sugar free options are compliant.  No sweeteners - this includes honey, maple syrup, xylitol, stevia, cane sugar, and coconut sugar - you get the drift.

Some ideas:  Mint tea or tea of any kind. Chewing on mint leaves or chewing on fennel seeds. 

• 10 months later...

I love using stevia candy. Its granular structure makes it ideal for baking because it behaves as a "bulk" sweetener similar to sugar. The taste is also very similar to sugar. I often grind it in a spice grinder to create sugar free "powdered sugar."

Sorry, but stevia (& sugar or sweeteners of any kind) is out on Whole30...

Archived