February 9th

JerryGN

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

I'm new too.  Hubby and I will be trying it.  Very nervous... I've never dieted before, and nor has he.  But we both need a kick-start to get healthier.  Good luck!!

Quick tip!  This is not a diet in the traditional sense of the word.  Hungry or suffering are not things that you should feel on this.  Make sure to review the resources available and eat enough at your meals that you are satisfied and can get from 4-5 hours between them.  Let us know if you need any help!

I'm also thinking of starting this Monday the 9th (depending on my schedule and time to prep and such this upcoming weekend). I am generally pretty healthy & organic & sometimes even a little bit crazy over whole foods and clean eating, but still a little on edge. Looking at the list, between what is allowed & what I will eat (I am very picky and also have sensitivities to some food), and am not foreseeing that much of a challenge, but you never know.

Good luck to everyone & let's all help each other!

Yeah been thinking about doing this for some time. Monday is the day we start also. Just cleared the cupboards out. Not much left in it now, gonna go do a big shop on Sunday and prepare for the week ahead. Eeeeeeek. Any advice is more than welcome. Good luck folks x

I'm starting Monday Feb 9th as well! I've completed 1 Whole30 and then decided to do another 6 months later but dropped out due to a stressful life event and ever since have been spiraling downward. Gained 20 pounds and lots of shame. I think I'm ready to start taking control of my life again. These forums are such a big help. It is so amazing to watch how strangers on a similar journey can be supportive of one another. We can to this!!!!!

Good Morning Two-Niners!  I'm really looking forward to getting my eating back on track - finally.  Benefits I'm looking forward to are improved body composition, energy and fitness.  I was able to follow a more rigorous eating style last year for 6 months (no slips, no snacks) .  Not only was the bod looking pretty good, but I was also able to set a new 5K PR and was working on handstand pushups (against a wall).  I want that back!  The problem with that eating style is that it's like the bullet train - once you're off the train it's super hard to get back on.  I find this plan to be straight forward and accessable.  I signed up for the DW30 email for extra support.

Let's have some fun :0)

Hey Everyone! I'm Keely and this is my 3rd Whole30! For some reason, I've really struggled with eating and staying on track the last couple of months so I REALLY need this! I'm currently training for the 2015 Boston Marathon so that, too, is moviation for me to get through a Whole30 because I feel so much better during my runs when I have a clean diet. Our pantry/fridge are completely clean, food prepped, and mentally ready so I have NO reason to fail!

I've loved being involved in these forums in the past and it has helped me complete my other whole30's. The accountability is great! I'm also willing to share our favorite Whole30 recipes if this is something everyone else is interested in too. I'm always looking for great recipes as I love to cook. I'd love this forum to be active so we each feel more accountable and can share our struggles/joy through this process! Here we go!

Hi I'm Natalie and today is my Day 1!  I am a sugar addict so I know this will be tough at times, but I am looking forward to the way my body will feel and look once I am done.  I spent the last few days preparing my kitchen and my mind for this life changing experience!  Let's do this!!!

I actually started on Sunday, the 8th.  Thought it would give me a day "under my belt" before the work week started.  I have co-worker who has done the Whole30 a few times and is full of great food ideas.  She's helped to get me off to a great start.  My mindset is this.  I'm not focusing on all the things I CAN'T have but rather what I CAN have.  There is so much that I can have that I love.  At the end of Day 1 though I was surprised at how much I was craving a lil sugar.  But I drank some lemon water and pushed through it.  After just one day, I can feel it.  A little sluggish but overall feel good and very motivated.  Good luck everyone, definitely share your tips and tricks to stay strong!  

Mardee, I agree with you. I try to focus on things that I WILL be eating rather than what I WON'T be eating. 

Be optimistic and think of what you WILL eat, what WILL be the results and how well you WILL feel. I've never done one of these before, but I have used that same logic to many things I have changed recently, and I can tell you that it makes SUCH a huge difference. Having a positive mindset, being optimistic and looking forward to things makes the world of a difference.

Keep sharing your tips throughout the thirty days and I guarantee that after, we will all look back on this post, and the progress we've made and be very surprised at how much we can help each other, and how much of a difference things have made.

Stay positive! =)

Hi, my name is Halley (rhymes with Sally). I just read the newest blog article, "Your Whole30: What if the Second Time Isn't So Charmed", and I couldn't agree more. I did my first W30 in July 2014, and had amazing results: 7.5 lbs gone, my "skinny" clothes were falling off me because my stomach, waist, & hips slimmed right up, energy through the roof, sleeping without medication, and no acne. SInce then, I have stayed mostly compliant but after the holidays, I wanted to do another W30. I started on January 1 and made it about 3 weeks before I quit. Like the article said, the newness was gone and since I had failed to set any specific goals, I reached a point where I just didn't care. In the few weeks since then, I've started over a few times, but only made it a day or two before quitting again. After reading today's article, I was motivated to finally crush this second W30 so I came here, signed up for an account, and found this February 9th group for support (thank goodness I had a compliant breakfast this morning!). I have enough time to complete a Whole35 and the 12-day reintroduction (they say it's only 10 days, but it's really 12 if you go back to W30 for 2 days after reintroducing the fourth food group - gluten grains) before my birthday on March 28. I think that's the best birthday present I can give myself this year. :)

Hi all! I have tried to do whole 30 after my first time a ridiculous amount of times and have failed every single time. I thought this time I would get on the forum to see if anyone was looking for an accountability partner? I live in Denver and am really active but just underwent surgery on my toe, so I won't be able to do much exercise, which is why I really want to treat my body well by doing this whole 30 fully! 

Excited to do this again!

Hi all! I have tried to do whole 30 after my first time a ridiculous amount of times and have failed every single time. I thought this time I would get on the forum to see if anyone was looking for an accountability partner? I live in Denver and am really active but just underwent surgery on my toe, so I won't be able to do much exercise, which is why I really want to treat my body well by doing this whole 30 fully! 

Excited to do this again!

I would be happy to be your partner! I am brand new to the program.

Let's all keep in touch on here and it will be helpful for all of us! We can help each other & suggestions about ideas for snacks & meals!

I am pretty picky & usually pretty plain when it comes to eating (which seems like it will make this Whole30 slightly easier for me? I'm not positive. So I can force myself being able to come up with quick & simple snacks & meals that are easy for anyone to make & and I am more than happy to share them during this journey!

I'm pretty plain in my eating as well, plus my husband & children aren't doing this with me and I have to find meals that my picky kids will eat so I don't get too overwhelmed with extra cooking. Tonight I hate compliant meatballs and sauce - over pasta for them and over roasted Brussel sprouts for me. It's act really good that way!

Enjoying all of your posts... Keep them coming!

Archived