Bacon.

So, after a Whole30, when you're just supposed to live and eat well, is bacon back on the list? Not that I wouldn't like the Whole30-approved bacon, but it's not even for sale right now and expensive to boot. Do I have to worry that having normal bacon will mean not losing any weight?

I'm not really sure what to expect from a post-Whole30 paleo life. But dropping 65 pounds is part of that expectation. I mean, if there's no reason to expect that would happen, then I need a different plan.

For bacon, stick to humanely raised pork and you will be fine. I think the sugar added is usually negligible, but no added sugar is a rule. I want to have bacon right now having finished my W30 a couple of weeks ago but my boyfriend is 8 days into his. I will just wait until he is done and we can have pork that we feel was humanely raised even it if has sugar.

Remember that the way the animal is treated shows up in its fat making regular grocery store bacon seriously off limits! Humane is always better even if it has sugar.

As far as weight maintenance, just don't over do it. Remember that it is a fat and adjust your meals accordingly. :)

I can find lots of local farms to me selling grass fed organically raised home cured bacon but it all has sugar in the cure. I believe they only rub a tiny bit of sugar over the joint. Does that still mean its off the list? It seems like a really good bacon option that would be ok if you didn't eat it every day. I can't see there would be much sugar in a slice of it.

Archived