Whole30 with teen boys????!?!???

AprilLynne

I have done 2 Whole30 and am amazed by the results.  My hubby wants to try it and I think it could be really beneficial for my 13 and 15 yo boys, I'n just terrified it will be a fail with them. I can't picture them eating mostly meat and veggies.  But i'd love to see what could happen.

Any tips??

Thanks, April

I have a 13-year-old daughter. She's my oldest and I got her on board by treating it like a temporary adventure that we're trying for 30 days. Of course, I'm hoping the kids will see some benefits and *want* to continue without me pressing too hard. Getting the buy-in of the oldest goes a long way! She's enjoyed looking through cookbooks with me for ideas. (I recommend Well Fed and Nom Nom Paleo cookbooks, along with Everyday Paleo.) I will admit that I am easing into this a bit with my five kids by making some Paleo pancakes and muffins at first. I personally see nothing wrong with this, because we are all a lot happier, and the food choices are miles above cereal and milk and Goldfish crackers!

With teens, they're old enough to either go with it or thumb their noses at the whole thing and there's not a whole heck of a lot you can do about it when they're at school or out of the house. What you do have control over is what is IN the house and what you're putting on the dinner table. Even if they're not doing the full program, each and every compliant meal that they put in their bellies is a step in the right direction. Talk to them about why you and your husband are making this decision. They may surprise you with their commitment. If they're interested, get them involved with meal planning and shopping. Maybe there's a fruit or vegetable they've always been curious about trying. You can also meet them half-way by incorporating a few remakes of their favorite foods. If they're in to hot wings, bake chicken wings or drumsticks with a spicy rub. If chicken nuggets are their thing, dredge some chicken in almond flour and serve that up.

Hi!  I'm new, just completed a Whole30 in January.  I have 3 boys, 19, 16, and 12.  I have talked the 12 yo into trying this for 7 days.  He is very overweight, has allergies, migraines and skin issues.  I know how much better I feel and I think it would make a huge difference in him.  My husband and other two boys aren't into this so much.  However, I've started cooking differently and they are eating it somewhat.

I bought a cute little bento lunchbox at Walmart and have packed lunch for CJ the last 2 days.  He's all into so far, but I don't think the ketchup withdrawals have started yet.  LOL   The hardest part is all the planning.  I need ideas to keep this going.  I am hoping he will want to continue after he sees that it's not bad at all.  Oh, I made roasted asparagus last night and he LOVED it!  He said those green beans were really good!  HA HA HA

Archived