Getting back on track without breaking the bank

ambnille07

I was doing the reintroduction plan like I wanted, but I got off track yesterday.

I reintroduced beans, corn, and sugar in a salad I had longed for on my Whole30. At dinner, I went to town on some tortilla chips and salsa and had beans and rice with my meal. After dinner, I felt more gassy and full than I had on my Whole30.

I'd like to go back to mostly clean eating with the exception of GF grains because those didn't affect me like dairy (bad, bad reaction there). I have yet to try gluten. Maybe beans on special occasions.

Here's my issue: I'm on a tight budget when it comes to money and time. My husband and MIL, who lives with us, have both offered to cook during the week to help out with time so I can focus on my studies. Any easy, intro recipes for them? They were always critical of the recipes I cooked during my Whole30 because of the "strange" ingredients and the time it took to cook. I have to admit my recipes I like aren't the best examples because I like to cook complicated things. I also figure that "easier" recipes will be a little cheaper and take away the initial sticker shock of Paleo eating.

I reintroduced beans, corn, and sugar in a salad I had longed for on my Whole30. At dinner, I went to town on some tortilla chips and salsa and had beans and rice with my meal. After dinner, I felt more gassy and full than I had on my Whole30.

Unfortunately, when reintroducing multiple items at once, it's impossible to pinpoint which caused you the gassiness.

The recommendation would be to do beans on legume day, corn and rice on non-gluten grains day (some folks separate out corn on its own day), and sugar separately.

As far as recipes, the Well Fed books are great.  Here is the website so you can get a sense of her recipes.

Archived