STARTING MARCH 1!!!!!!!!

ashleysauce

Thank GOD it wasn't just me bronnyd - LOL!!! Our indiscressions were at the same point.

My disgrace for the world to chuckle at...

No-wine.jpg

Soooo, I've had a very stressful couple of weeks, and decided today that I would indulge in my friend - red wine, tonight! Hubby did remind me that I did a Whole30 in Jan, and another (almost 27 days) now in March and we could still stay on track and that it was AOK.

I agree.

I'm not perfect, I feel like I'm letting my peeps down, but I'm honest.

I'm OK that I had some wine (with the 'Pure Wine' Preservative Remover added). Everything else is compliant, hubby and I will continue to be compliant for the 30 days.

I'm just putting up the white flag and supporting everyone else to the end.

Like LadyShanny said to bronnyd, it's not like "you're going to fall face first into a pile of pasta topped with whipped cream and chocolate sauce"!

I've still got 3 more days as far as I'm concerned - holy S*%T!!!

Oh, by the way, great work everyone else. xx :D

Hi All - wellll it's time to fess up - I have fumbled this month's W30 with (gulp) chocolate. Won't go into details, just state that yes I fell off the wagon. ...

OK .... details in a nutshell - I handed out choc kisses to studs again this week and well, let's just say I had a weak moment and ate one. Then I ate two and well, I ate a total of three dark choc kisses. That was yesterday. Last night, I fell asleep at a decent hour, but woke up at 4ish and could not get back to sleep. This has not happened in a while. I attribute it to the three choc kisses. 

I truly appreciate Claws' (are you a cat person? ;) ) encouraging words here and fully understand that this isn't about being perfect or doing it perfectly or success or failure, it's about learning.

I have SIBO and my doc really wants me to eat home made 24 hour yogurt for probiotics as the oregono and antibiotics have disrupted healthy gut flora. Instead of starting over, I've decided to call this a completed Whole25 and get back on track until the end of the month, do a reintro in April and another W30 sometime early -mid summer. That's just more realistic for me right now. This is my second W30 (first one rocked my world) (this one is too actually) I will share that I've learned a TON and still learning. 

I'm learning about my body, what it likes and what it doesn't, I'm learning how I use food more than I ever thought for psychological comfort and -yes- avoidance of uncomfortable feelings and perceptions. Sooooo, although I'm officially out of this month's W30, I'll keep following posts and sharing as well as it keeps me on track. 

Sorry guys. Me ego liked to think "Hey I'm a leader in W30!" and well, that's ego. I'm feeling SO much better this year since starting W30 in Jan, which I did complete. It's interesting - the first time around, I felt more desperate and willing to go to any lengths to heal the gut and start a new diet regimen. The second time around, I'm feeling a huge shift and found more resistance all the way through - like my ego grew more cocky. Cocky ego. I am seeing that when I feel better, I get a little resistant to being - er - good. Or well-behaved. I'm not bad,  just  -- I can see how habitual, conditioned thinking really influences our actions. It can be a subtle slippery slope back into brownies and chocolate donuts. But y'know what? BLEAH - that sounds so grossly sickly sweet! 

Who'd ever think I would not want a donut????? Wow. So I'm happysad. :) More happy then sad. Keep on, everyone!!

Hi bronnyd.....Glad that I was inspirational... That's what we're all here for...to be supportive, loving and kind and if needed...stern when necessary... :rolleyes: .....Loved your question regarding "cat person".... Response...Cat are okay....I actually try to stay away from any pets due to allergies...  I used to wonder where in the world could I live because not only am I allergic to pets, I am also allergic to trees and grass, among other things....  :huh:

leaC:

If it wasn't for "salt" being an exception to the rule:

"Tip: Did you know that all iodized table salt contains sugar? Sugar (often in the form of dextrose) is chemically essential to keep the potassium iodide from oxidizing and being lost. But remember, salt is an exception to the Whole30 “no added sugar” rules. Without this exception, you’d never be able to eat outside of your own home, because iodized table salt is added to all restaurant and pre-packaged foods."  excerpt from: http://whole30.com/2013/06/the-official-can-i-have-guide-to-the-whole30/

......if you avoid salt altogether, you run the risk of an electrolyte imbalance (not to mention serious food boredom). We encourage a mix of iodized table salt and sea salt. excerpt from: http://whole30.com/2013/06/the-official-can-i-have-guide-to-the-whole30/

and

" Doctor prescriptions trump Whole30" Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:37 PM by Whole9 Moderator  

I would have not been complaint either.  

Have a GREAT Day 27.........One more weekend to get through.......just one more weekend.....  :)

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bronnyd and leaC- I commend you both for coming forward and sharing your "slip ups." You both have shown progress just in the way your responded and quickly recovered. I appreciate you both sharing your experience, what caused the temptation and how you felt afterwards.

Bronnyd- You don't want a donut?? Yes! That my friend is progress. Awesome.

Keep pushing forward and hang in there. One last weekend, stay positive and don't throw in the towel completely just yet.  :) 

Bronnyd and leaC- I commend you both for coming forward and sharing your "slip ups." You both have shown progress just in the way your responded and quickly recovered. I appreciate you both sharing your experience, what caused the temptation and how you felt afterwards.

I agree - a lot of people just disappeared from this thread! Again great job owning it and you've definitely made progress!

I am definitely excited to enjoy a glass of wine once this is over :) We can do it! 4 more days (including today) - can't believe it's Day 27 already!

Anyone know of any good recipes that include compliant fish sauce? Finally found some (Red Boat brand) the other day at Whole Foods. I was thinking of doing Nom Nom Paleo cauliflower fried rice, maybe Asian-inspired meatballs?

THANK YOU ALL! Yes, we're not perfect, but we're determined (which I feel quite proud of)!

Sarahk211, YES, use lot's of fish sauce in your caulflower rice! Michelle from Nom Nom Paleo loves fish sauce...it's her secret ingredient!

Bronnyd, how are you going?

HAPPY DAY 27!!! 

I am thrilled to be counting down the days. Don't get me wrong, I feel SO good on this diet, and actually really proud of my self will and the fact that I am taking care of myself FOR myself, and putting my health and body first. GO ME! But it has been tough. It is a habit to eat the way I am eating now and I have quite the new recipe collection under my belt and I am so thankful for that -- I just want those occasional treats like cheese and wine and pasta. So I am anxious to see how it all affects my body so I can gauge how much I can allow in for my occasional treat myself foods.

Things I am LOVING about Whole 30: Strong healthy nails. Almond butter on fresh fruit. Don't feel bloated. The tasty new ways I am preparing veggies and meats. My creativity in the kitchen. How well I am sleeping. Improved immune system. My toned muscles :) due to my almost daily hot yoga!

I am excited to get some time back though ad not have to meal plan as strictly. And to be able to grab a beer with friends. And to eat tiramisu again!!

Thanks you all for the encouragement -- it's all about balance: Thrilled about the good and healthy things of the whole 30, while still recognizing my desires and excitement to finish strong!! And of course, the balance I am gaining with yoga!

GOOD LUCK too all you wonderful people finishing March strong in THREE MORE DAYS!

Good morning all!!!!We are almost there!!

leaC and Bronnyd, thank you for being so honest. Been there, done that, 2 times. Both times were during the last week of the challenge. I gave in once for wine while skiing and chocolate on the other...lol...However, I see we are still here. That in itself is positive. Normally I would have thrown in the towel.

I am finding that my knees, ankles, and wrists are starting to hurt again. I am not sure what that is about. I HATE it, it makes me feel so old. I am active and I can't let this pain slow me down. I love wearing heels, I haven't been able to wear them for about a year now. I have stated working out again, and I need to push through this.

I am planning on continuing for another 30 days. I am not healed yet. Anyone else planning on continuing? Have an active and healthy day

Pyrotek, thanks for sharing. I'm sorry to hear you are still experiencing inflamation in your joints and so maybe yes, you could do with a further trip down Whole30 lane.

My knee and ankle are doing much better, so will be interesting to see how they handle re-introduction.

Happy day 28 everyone!

LEANNE xx

Should be day 27, but I'm on 14 again due to Soy slip-up mid month.

I envy all of you who feel good because I feel like crap.  I have NO energy, I'm weak, my sleep is horrible and I've been constipated all week.

I'm dragging myself through my days in anticipation of getting home to lie on my couch.  No fun.  I know I'm eating enough because I'm not hungry between meals and snacking prior to Whole30 was a real problem for me.

I don't crave any particular foods and am already wondering what I'm going to do at the end.  

I don't exercise, but this week I'm going to get my ass out the door no matter how I feel.

Hoping something shifts soon...

I envy all of you who feel good because I feel like crap.  I have NO energy, I'm weak, my sleep is horrible and I've been constipated all week.

I'm dragging myself through my days in anticipation of getting home to lie on my couch.  No fun.  I know I'm eating enough because I'm not hungry between meals and snacking prior to Whole30 was a real problem for me.

I don't crave any particular foods and am already wondering what I'm going to do at the end.  

I don't exercise, but this week I'm going to get my ass out the door no matter how I feel.

I felt like that through most of my whole30. I attribute it to just years of eating crap and feeling like crap so my body isn't sure what to do. It got better around day 20. I didn't have a lot of time to exercise either- maybe 2-3 times a week. I still, on day 28, haven't had that tiger blood moment. I'm more proud that I haven't given in and drank a bottle of wine!

Keep going, you can do it! :)

Good morning all!!!!We are almost there!!

leaC and Bronnyd, thank you for being so honest. Been there, done that, 2 times. Both times were during the last week of the challenge. I gave in once for wine while skiing and chocolate on the other...lol...However, I see we are still here. That in itself is positive. Normally I would have thrown in the towel.

I am finding that my knees, ankles, and wrists are starting to hurt again. I am not sure what that is about. I HATE it, it makes me feel so old. I am active and I can't let this pain slow me down. I love wearing heels, I haven't been able to wear them for about a year now. I have stated working out again, and I need to push through this.

I am planning on continuing for another 30 days. I am not healed yet. Anyone else planning on continuing? Have an active and healthy daySAhi

pyrotek...I'm planning on continuing for another 30 days.  I'm not healed yet either.

I felt like that through most of my whole30. I attribute it to just years of eating crap and feeling like crap so my body isn't sure what to do. It got better around day 20. I didn't have a lot of time to exercise either- maybe 2-3 times a week. I still, on day 28, haven't had that tiger blood moment. I'm more proud that I haven't given in and drank a bottle of wine!

Keep going, you can do it! :)

HI cbrignone5,  No "tiger blood" feeling for me either but I've noticed other positive benefits.

Pat yourself on the back though... "no cravings" and "eating enough" are things to celebrate (of course celebrate the Whole30 way... :D ).  Hang in there...It'll get better...

So. Day 29ish (considering earlier wine incident)! :lol:

I'm so proud of hubby! Today we went to the Sydney Royal Easter Show (I spoke of this earlier). There was so much carnival food surrounding us it wasn't funny.....we had our apples & cashews mid morning, then headed over to the fresh produce pavillion and downed a dozen oysters & a tub of seafood salad (yes, I had a tiny glass of wine with my seafood, how could I not)! Rest of the day was compliant and I suggested to hubby that if he wanted something with dairy in it he could (he's been having milk in coffee this whole time), but he said No. We only have 1 more day to go!

I envy all of you who feel good because I feel like crap.  

Hi janeroyal, at least YOU re-set yourself and are re-doing your W30 from the start - that takes real determination, especially because you can see how close everyone else is the finish line. But guess what....Day 31 doesn't mean it's all over, go back to old habits. So really everyone's journey will differ once they reach this point. You'll get here a few weeks later and hopefully have found some renewed energy and who's to say you aren't stronger than most at this point?!

You're not alone re: no exercise! :wacko: Whilst I lost a decent amount of weight in Jan doing W30, I didn't exercise. I seriously wanted to exercise this time around so I could tone up and see even greater results, but my excuse is 'no time' (poor excuse I know). I am quite an active person and tend to feel I do a lot of incidental exercise, but I AM kidding myself about this. I'd love to tone up but that would require effort. :(

Hang in there janeroyal and everyone else!

Good Morning Everyone.....

It's almost OVER.... Day 30 with just a few more hours to count down before midnight and the end of this Whole30... Yay for us!!!!

I am contemplating whether to continue, making this a Whole60; however, honey in my tea and gluten free pancakes with maple syrup are calling my name.   :o

Have a GREAT Day 30 everyone....

Last Day of the Whole30, or it's just the beginning to living a healthy new lifestyle (Yippee!). I'm really worried about the re-introduction phase. I don't think I'm ready (mentally) to start re-introducing non-Whole30 foods yet. My plan is to write out a reintroduction plan for myself (I should have done this sooner). I'm liking the way I feel, so I don't really want to change anything too much. Prior to Whole30 I was eating paleo style with a little cheese here and there (very very little), and a bowl of oatmeal every once in a blue moon. I would make paleo muffins/pancakes as well. And rice when I would go out to eat for Thai food or Sushi. So for me the only real addition would be wine, tortilla chips at Mexican restaurants, and dark chocolate (love Theo brand-would eat 2 squares every few days).

What's something you are excited about to eat/do post Whole30? 

Hi All

Still alive and kickin" But barely - I've had this flu that among other things, gave me such a headache, I didn't want to be in front of the computer and found it hard to focus. Still feeling a bit woozy/tired, but a little better now. 

Still going strong despite my eff up with choc last week. Back to healthy eating. Sleeping much better these past few days. 

Haven't had much time to catch up on posts yet - but will answer Carmen's quest about post W30 / reintro - I'm going to try dairy again, but this time keep it real and don't overeat it. Has to be a certain kind of cheese as well for my SIBO. And of course, 24 hour yogurt. More on this later. Also looking forward to having a glass of red wine and/or a once in a while vodka martini with two olives. 

Just one more day and then on to a new food exploration! 

Ciao for now! xob

Last Day of the Whole30, or it's just the beginning to living a healthy new lifestyle (Yippee!). I'm really worried about the re-introduction phase. I don't think I'm ready (mentally) to start re-introducing non-Whole30 foods yet. My plan is to write out a reintroduction plan for myself (I should have done this sooner). I'm liking the way I feel, so I don't really want to change anything too much. Prior to Whole30 I was eating paleo style with a little cheese here and there (very very little), and a bowl of oatmeal every once in a blue moon. I would make paleo muffins/pancakes as well. And rice when I would go out to eat for Thai food or Sushi. So for me the only real addition would be wine, tortilla chips at Mexican restaurants, and dark chocolate (love Theo brand-would eat 2 squares every few days).

What's something you are excited about to eat/do post Whole30? 

Post Whole30:

Honey, Honey Honey..  I was going to put it in my tea and in my monkey salad which consists of almonds and coconut shreds toasted in glee placed on top of a banana, drizzled with HONEY   :lol:

I was also going to treat myself to some gluten-free pancakes with maple syrup from this Breakfast/Lunch place called  "Another Broken Egg".

However, right at this moment, I am deciding to extend my Whole30 and make it a Whole60; so I'll have to wait on the above, just a little while longer.  Unless of course, I change my mind in the A.M.   :wub:

HAPPY DAY 1 Everyone!

Congratulations YOU all did it! (I had a little slip at the end, but stayed on the path the rest of the way)!

How is everyone feeling?

I lost a total of 2.5kg/5.5lb this time around so a lot slower weight loss since the Jan W30. In total I've lost 6kg/13.2lbs and other stats have improved, so I'd say that's pretty darn good!

FYI, I started a new thread in the re-intro forum called APRIL REINTRODUCTIONERS!!! I hope you'll find your way over there shortly...

Carmen - I just bought a Theo brand chocolate bar and put it in the freezer (where I keep chocolate haha). I'm so excited to try a couple squares tomorrow :)

Claws - I'm looking forward to grainfree pancakes with maple syrup too! Another to-do for later this week. 

Bronnyd - YES for me as well on the wine!

Post-whole30, I am going to do a similar thing to some of you guys, maybe reincorporate a few occasional indulgences, like the wine, chocolate, and paleo pancakes that I was talking about - not for every day, just once in awhile. I'd also like a little more flexibility when going out to eat (like I think Carmen said, maybe some rice when I have sushi, etc). Also, I am thinking about how I may incorporate dairy. In the past, I've done fine integrating grass-fed butter and yogurt. I am thinking of doing the same this time. I may do that reintroduction next week but for this week, I'm going to take reintro slowly. 

Hello everyone!! We did it!! I am not going to weight myself just yet. I plan on continuing another 30 days. I have not been feeling well and I don't want to get derailed. We have all worked so hard. Is anyone continuing? Thank you all for the support and enjoy introducing new foods!!

Hello everyone!! We did it!! I am not going to weight myself just yet. I plan on continuing another 30 days. I have not been feeling well and I don't want to get derailed. We have all worked so hard. Is anyone continuing? Thank you all for the support and enjoy introducing new foods!!

Hi pyrotek:  I will be continuing...

• Moderators

You might want to post a few days' worth of food, water intake, and sleep over in the Troubleshooting section of the forum and see if there's anything that might help. My gut instinct is to ask if you're eating at least one serving of starchy vegetables every day -- that's usually the recommendation for people experiencing weakness, lack of energy, bad sleep and constipation. Also make sure you're getting enough water every day (1/2 oz per pound of body weight) and that you salt your food.

Archived