STARTING MARCH 1!!!!!!!!

ashleysauce

Have you joined another thread for support? I have to see which one are starting April. Please let me know which one you are using, I would love to continue with you!!!

Hi Pyrotek:  No I haven't joined another thread yet... I was weighing my options.  I would love to continue with you as well.

What are your thoughts on the following groups:

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well folks, we did it. Some of us have completed the Whole30, some are still striving away (keep up the good work), for some this is the end, but for me this is just the beginning to living a healthy lifestyle. Here are my results (caution, being brutally honest about weight). 

Before the Whole30 I did not take measurements, just weighed myself. Last year I was very active (have always exercised), around December I reduced my running and started strength and balance training. Typically I weigh 120lbs (height is 5 3"), by January my weight crept up to 127lbs. By the end of February i was 134lbs!! The heaviest I have ever been. I have never had a weight issue, but my clothes were definitely tighter. I recently went to the Dr because I was concerned with how I was feeling bloated, constipated, and gaining weight. Thyroid levels were fine. No concerns via blood-work. So I took matters into my own hands and decided March I would do another Whole30 to reset my eating habits and the way I view food. Not going to lie, I was also hoping to lose some weight and get down to at least 127lbs. Well sadly, I weighed myself this morning and the scale read 134lbs. I didn't lose any weight!?!?!  Also, my pants fit the same if not, they feel a little tighter. Grrrr

Ok so enough about the numbers here is my action plan: Now that I have my energy and cravings under control I'm going to increase my running. I hope to lose some inches (particularly in my thighs). I can get over the number on the scale, but the number on my pants-that is another story. I want to fit into my clothes with a little wiggle room. 

NSV: 

Sleep- I sleep well every night

Energy- I have a TON of energy! I can get through my day without feeling exhausted by the end of the day

Skin- Few blemishes still from my period, but overall looks clearer.

Period- Very light, no problems (never really had an issue with this before)

Cravings- No cravings for anything sweet

Action Plan:

Cut nuts out- I enjoyed monkey salad occasionally and ate cashews/almonds pre-workout, but I don’t think my gut enjoys them as much. Will look into other pre-workout options

Increase my cardio

Limit Fruit- Was eating almost 2-3 pieces of fruit a day- will replace the fruit with more veggies

Revisit my portion sizes

Thank you everyone for encouraging me and keeping me accountable throughout the last 30 days. I am going to continue following the Whole30 meal template, but will not be 100% strict with the food. I would love to stay connected with members of this group. I will still post on instagram and facebook group. I appreciate any and all feedback  :)

Cutting the nuts out could definitely help you reach your goals.  Pre work out options: chicken and avocado, compliant roast beef and avocado, or olives for a fat source instead of nuts.  I didn't really utilize the pre work out meals much, I work out in the morning usually within an hour to hour and a half from breakfast.  But if your runs are later in the day then some good fuel before hand would be important.  

Lost about 9 lbs! I want to do my reintro right but my husband is trying to tempt me with some pizza and wine... AHHH!

Even though its over, I still ate whole30 today. I think I will keep my work day whole30 and dinner time will be a relaxed paleo.

Ooh, count me in !  I haven't quite finished 30 days, but I haven't been perfect over the last few days (peanuts!) so I'm game for starting again.  This will be my second restart, so I feel like I've been doing it forever.  I looked at the threads, and the one that sticks out to me is : Whole 90 starting on April 4th.  Partly because I won't have to think about it when I'm camping this weekend (I won't miss the S'Mores, but a sandwich is just so easy to make and eat outdoors!) and partly because the responses are all from seasoned Whole 30-ers.  Like us now !  

I was thinking the Whole 90 starting April 4th as well. It will get me into the summer, plus I am starting a 90 day workout program. They should work well together. I don't feel like I lost any weight this round. However, I Believe My Body Is working on healing itself first.

Well folks, we did it. Some of us have completed the Whole30, some are still striving away (keep up the good work), for some this is the end, but for me this is just the beginning to living a healthy lifestyle. Here are my results (caution, being brutally honest about weight). 

Before the Whole30 I did not take measurements, just weighed myself. Last year I was very active (have always exercised), around December I reduced my running and started strength and balance training. Typically I weigh 120lbs (height is 5 3"), by January my weight crept up to 127lbs. By the end of February i was 134lbs!! The heaviest I have ever been. I have never had a weight issue, but my clothes were definitely tighter. I recently went to the Dr because I was concerned with how I was feeling bloated, constipated, and gaining weight. Thyroid levels were fine. No concerns via blood-work. So I took matters into my own hands and decided March I would do another Whole30 to reset my eating habits and the way I view food. Not going to lie, I was also hoping to lose some weight and get down to at least 127lbs. Well sadly, I weighed myself this morning and the scale read 134lbs. I didn't lose any weight!?!?!  Also, my pants fit the same if not, they feel a little tighter. Grrrr

Ok so enough about the numbers here is my action plan: Now that I have my energy and cravings under control I'm going to increase my running. I hope to lose some inches (particularly in my thighs). I can get over the number on the scale, but the number on my pants-that is another story. I want to fit into my clothes with a little wiggle room. 

NSV: 

Energy- I have a TON of energy! I can get through my day without feeling exhausted by the end of the day

Action Plan:

Cut nuts out- I enjoyed monkey salad occasionally and ate cashews/almonds pre-workout, but I don’t think my gut enjoys them as much. Will look into other pre-workout options

Increase my cardio

Limit Fruit- Was eating almost 2-3 pieces of fruit a day- will replace the fruit with more veggies

Revisit my portion sizes

Thank you everyone for encouraging me and keeping me accountable throughout the last 30 days. I am going to continue following the Whole30 meal template, but will not be 100% strict with the food. I would love to stay connected with members of this group. I will still post on instagram and facebook group. I appreciate any and all feedback  :)

HI Carmen Cosentino:  This was my very first Whole30 and I am glad that I had the pleasure of being surround by such good, inspiring, and uplifting individuals.  As I've commented before, I will be continuing the journey for a while longer.

sunshinestate24 and  pyrotek

I will be jumping in with the "Whole 90 starting April 4th" group and look forward to chatting with you all there.  

The positive changes that I encountered during the past 30 days are as follows:

• I fall asleep more easily  Action Plan: To stay asleep longer and sleep more soundly.
  • I have a more youthful appearance
  • Clothes are fitting better.. i.e looser
  • Tendonitis in foot much better
  • No Carpel tunnel flair ups
  • I'm less stressed
  • I no longer need to eat every couple of hours 
  • I've learned how to read a label instead of just scanning it.
  • Still 5' 4"  (I have this running joke that I'm just "too short for my weight" )
  • Weigh-in at beginning of Whole30 was 172.1.  Not the heaviest I've been though as that was 179 lbs, unless you count when I was pregnant, years ago and then I believe my heaviest was 180+ pounds.  Child only weighed 5lbs 13 ounces; so it was ALL me...  :D   I can chuckled at that now.
  • Weigh-in now 166.1
  • Per the BOD POD fitness personnel, I pretty much lost ALL fat and no Lean muscle mass... Yippee Hooray...
  • BF% went from 39.6% to 37.0% ...   :D  :D  :D
  • Lean Weight % went from 60.4% to 63.0% (Building MUSCLES)  Woo Hoo....
  • BMI (which I'm not a fan of; but it's what my employer measures) went from 29.6 to 28.5.  I have to be <27 by November in order to qualify for a cash reward
  • Waist went from 35.0" to 34.75"
  • Hips went from 44.5" to 44.0"
  • Right Thigh 25.0
  • Left Thigh went from 25.5 to 25.25
  • Right Calf went from 16.25 to 16.0
  • Left Calf went from 16.25 to 15.75
  • Chest went slightly up   :huh:  from 39.0 to 39.75 (Doesn't bother me though)
  • Right Arm went from 13.5 to 12.75
  • Left Arm went from 13.25 to 12.75  

I guess this means that my arms like Kettle ball workouts....  :wub:  

Action Plan#2:  To complete the Goal-Setting Worksheet that was in the Whole30 Daily Day 0 newsletter and then actually post it on the forum this time....

Until our paths cross again.. STAY STRONG EVERYONE.....

Ooh, count me in !  I haven't quite finished 30 days, but I haven't been perfect over the last few days (peanuts!) so I'm game for starting again.  This will be my second restart, so I feel like I've been doing it forever.  I looked at the threads, and the one that sticks out to me is : Whole 90 starting on April 4th.  Partly because I won't have to think about it when I'm camping this weekend (I won't miss the S'Mores, but a sandwich is just so easy to make and eat outdoors!) and partly because the responses are all from seasoned Whole 30-ers.  Like us now !  

Enjoy your camping trip this weekend..I believe the weather is suppose to be nice; but don't quote me as I could be wrong.  Looking forward to conversating with you in the "Whole 90 starting on April 4th" group...  :rolleyes:

I was thinking the Whole 90 starting April 4th as well. It will get me into the summer, plus I am starting a 90 day workout program. They should work well together. I don't feel like I lost any weight this round. However, I Believe My Body Is working on healing itself first.

Hey pyrotek:  What type of 90-day workout program will you be embarking on?  I will be doing strength-training 2 - 3 times/week and walking for ~ 45 to 60 minutes at least 3 times/week.  It is my contention to only eat fruit on the days that I strength train.  Probably at Meal 2 or Meal 3.  The fruit will be incorporated into the meal and not be a stand alone item. :)

I will watch out for you on the "Whole90 starting April 4th" group.

Great work guys!

Carmen, are you going to re-intro foods per the programme?  If so, meet us in the thread I started. My initial thought on my Jan W30 was to move forward mostly paleo and not be 100% compliant. It was great in theory, but 'life just got in the way' and I ended up here, doing another W30 to get back on track. Hope your new lifestyle is a success!!!

Lost about 9 lbs! I want to do my reintro right but my husband is trying to tempt me with some pizza and wine... AHHH!

Even though its over, I still ate whole30 today. I think I will keep my work day whole30 and dinner time will be a relaxed paleo.

cbrignone5, I hope you didn't succumb to the pizza. I am already getting stuck into my beloved red wine, but at least it's one food group. If you have pizza, you're tackling a range of ingredients in one hit ie: wheat or other grain, dairy, sugar?

I'm heading over to my April Reintroductioners thread now guys, lot's of luck to you all. I'm sure we'll meet again on another W30 thread down the track....xx

NSV: 

Action Plan:

Increase my cardio

Revisit my portion sizes

Hello Carmen!!  I don't believe I lost any weight either. My clothes still feel the same. Once I start working out again I know the weight will budge. I usually workout regularly. I weight train, cardio, and hot Yoga. This entire winter I did nothing but ski on the weekends. Now that my body is healing, I have more energy, no cravings, my portions are in control, I am not snacking all day long, or picking on things I shouldn't eat.  I believe it should all work hand in hand once I add the activity!!! I know with the actions/steps you plan on making it will work  for you as well!! Pleas keep me posted...Are you keeping the FB page? I will try to post more there  as well!!!  Thanks

Hey pyrotek:  What type of 90-day workout program will you be embarking on?  I will be doing strength-training 2 - 3 times/week and walking for ~ 45 to 60 minutes at least 3 times/week.  It is my contention to only eat fruit on the days that I strength train.  Probably at Meal 2 or Meal 3.  The fruit will be incorporated into the meal and not be a stand alone item. :)

I will watch out for you on the "Whole90 starting April 4th" group.

Wow!!!!  you had great success with the 30 days!!! I noticed you had tendonitis in your foot. I have suffered since last year with the same. It was so bad I had to put on an air cast and missed many days of work!! I believe that is why the pain in my knee is so bad. It is the posterior tibial tendon. The tendon connects to my knee area.  that is actually why I have had so much trouble working out. I did however ski this season, but with much pain and difficulty. I have noticed that it has gotten better but I have a long way to go!!! This is the main reason why I am continuing on for another 30, 60, 0r 90 days!!! I really feel like the tin man at times!!! I would love to go back to hot yoga, but I know it must wait!!!

I have many of the Beachbody workout plans. I am not sure which one my foot can handle. I was thinking either T25, P90X, or the Body Beast. If I am having trouble with the jumping or their cardio dvds, then I will do the weight training dvds from the body beast, and walk during my lunch break for extra cardio.I work outside in a construction job. I walk alot!!! I will have to put the yoga on hold.

Your workout routine looks great!!!  It is solid and doable. I also don't eat fruit all day long.I have 1 piece with either M1 or M2. I also sometimes use a second serving as an ingredient to a meal. I love to cook and fruit cooked in olive oil with onions goes great on pork or chicken. Ex.... red grapes and onions, apples and onions, and peaches and onions taste wonderful on pork chops.  or an apple, walnuts, celery , homemade mayo and chicken make a great chicken salad!  sorry I was on a role!!!!  lol  I will see you on the April 4th 90 day thread!!! 

Great job !!!!  9 pounds is a lot of weight!!! enjoy the next phase!!! 

I had a BITE of my husbands pizza.... tasted wonderful ha but I ended up having some wine and "fried" chicken... so that will count as my gluten reintro. Not feeling any different today so we will see! :)

A whole90? That's amazing! I think I'm going to stick to whole30 during the week after reintro... easy to do with work. But the weekends I can be a little less strict! Gotta live! 

Hi All

Yay! W 26/30 happened and was a very very interesting learning experience for me this time around. Congrats to ALL here! I held it over to 31 days as it just felt right to finish the month, even though I officially fell off at day 26. At least I didn't dive into a plate of noodles with whipped cream after, as ladyshanny said. :) I got right back on track.

I've reviewed the reintro program and since I'm not eating beans, I'm reintroducing peanut butter today and only for two meals as I don't eat that much. 

Will be making 24 hour yogurt day after tomorrow. Maybe a little aged cheese after that. 

Wine/alcohol will wait until I talk with doc and get another SIBO test. 

Not much to reintro for me as my SIBO isn't fully eradicated yet. NO grains and NO chocolate!! MWAH! Ah well, it's not forever (hopefully).

I'll be joining leaC's reintro forum now. 

GOOD LUCK everyone with reintro!

xoxb

Congrats team!! Thanks for sharing your struggles, victories, and most of all your encouragements.

The last few days were the hardest for me, I was PMS-ing hard, and wanted chocolate, wine, and mostly just snacks that I know are unhealthy for me. I recognized the cravings as emotionally driven, but then I caved and had a beer, then cookies on day 30!!

So, that being said, I think I have already messed up my reintroduction... wanted to do dairy first, but now there has been alcohol, sugar, and gluten :/

I will have to continue eating as Whole30 as I can, then choose ONE thing to reinto and try to focus on how it affects me. No negative effects thus far from my final days' slip ups. Although I am not sure if bloating and acne is just from my period?! terrible timing, body...!! grr!!

Ok, frustrations out, I want to focus on the CELEBRATION of the accomplishments I DID make! I am pretty sure I have lost weight (I don't own a scale so...no idea!) clothes fit better, I am SO much more toned due to hot yoga every day, feel thin and mostly not bloated, love my strong and healthy nails, and I am thrilled about the amount of nutritious and healthful foods I am putting into my body -- the vitamins!!

Thank you all -- I will continue the struggles and the victories and I am so much more knowledgeable about how all of this works and makes me feel!! Much love <3 Kira

Anyone having headaches? I've had a little gluten/wheat but nothing else really added. Could it be the glass of wine I had the other night? I'd rather it be the gluten/wheat because I'd rather cut that out than my wine? If its the wine.... I would be the saddest person ever. Is this happening to anyone else?

Will keep whole30ing to test it out again!

Anyone having headaches? I've had a little gluten/wheat but nothing else really added. Could it be the glass of wine I had the other night? I'd rather it be the gluten/wheat because I'd rather cut that out than my wine? If its the wine.... I would be the saddest person ever. Is this happening to anyone else?

Will keep whole30ing to test it out again!

Sorry to hear that!!!  I hope it is not the wine!!!  LOL!! You should try to introduce one food group or item at a time. This way it would be easier to determine which you are having an issue with. Definately read the article about introduction that leaC posted. That should be helpful..Good luck!!!

7 more days for me!  I think I'm the only one left still plodding along.

This hasn't been my strongest month health-wise.  Have felt pretty rotten all month.  Just weak.  I know I'm eating enough and drinking enough, just going through major detox.

This week I came down with a whopper of a cold.  Have spent the weekend mostly in bed - trying to gather some strength.

Tomorrow I fly off to Florida to visit my son for a few days.  Hoping some warm weather and sunshine will bounce me back.  Lots of restaurant eating this coming week which I think will be fine.  I know what to ask for.

Looking forward to a weigh in next week.  My husband told me this morning I'm getting 'little'.  I haven't been 'little' since I was in high school :)  

Been following what everyone else is doing over in the April introductioners group as well.

Good for you janeroyal! I hope you feel better soon and enjoy the warm weather in Florida.

I know you feel like you're the only one still on this thread, but you know what to do, and you just have to keep doing it!

xx

7 more days for me!  I think I'm the only one left still plodding along.

This hasn't been my strongest month health-wise.  Have felt pretty rotten all month.  Just weak.  I know I'm eating enough and drinking enough, just going through major detox.

This week I came down with a whopper of a cold.  Have spent the weekend mostly in bed - trying to gather some strength.

Tomorrow I fly off to Florida to visit my son for a few days.  Hoping some warm weather and sunshine will bounce me back.  Lots of restaurant eating this coming week which I think will be fine.  I know what to ask for.

Looking forward to a weigh in next week.  My husband told me this morning I'm getting 'little'.  I haven't been 'little' since I was in high school :)

Been following what everyone else is doing over in the April introductioners group as well.

Hang in there janeroyal....You're almost at the end...Keep up the good work.  Welcome to Florida....Hope you enjoy your time here.

Archived