STARTING MARCH 1!!!!!!!!

ashleysauce

Pyrotek  I think I'm going to keep going for awhile.  I don't feel like I've deprived myself of anything this month.  I do miss putting butter on vegetables every once in awhile, but can get past that.  I miss eating almonds, but I think they are an addiction for me so I need to stay clear of them awhile longer.  And I guess I will always be one who feels coffee tastes better with cream, but I can manage with black.  The funny thing is, I don't even LIKE coffee - heaven knows why I drink it!!

Thank you claws.  Visiting my son and grandson who live in Plantation.  Not easy having your only child live so far away - but I'm thankful they live someplace warm to visit!  6 more days!!

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also like butter, have you tried ghee (clarified butter)? I actually love it and I am not missing butter at all. Coffee was an issue for me! I found canned coconut milk. Now my coffee is creamy. It doesn't taste like coconut. I can actually say I am not missing much at all! Great job.... clews, sunshinestate, and I are on the 90 day April 6th thread, join us!!!!

Pyrotek  I think I'm going to keep going for awhile.  I don't feel like I've deprived myself of anything this month.  I do miss putting butter on vegetables every once in awhile, but can get past that.  I miss eating almonds, but I think they are an addiction for me so I need to stay clear of them awhile longer.  And I guess I will always be one who feels coffee tastes better with cream, but I can manage with black.  The funny thing is, I don't even LIKE coffee - heaven knows why I drink it!!

Thank you claws.  Visiting my son and grandson who live in Plantation.  Not easy having your only child live so far away - but I'm thankful they live someplace warm to visit!  6 more days!!

I also like butter, have you tried ghee (clarified butter)? I actually love it and I am not missing butter at all. Coffee was an issue for me! I found canned coconut milk. Now my coffee is creamy. It doesn't taste like coconut. I can actually say I am not missing much at all! Great job.... clews, sunshinestate, and I are on the 90 day April 6th thread, join us!!!!

I am sorry....Whole 90 starting April 4th...

Yea  janeroyal, come join us..I've never liked coffee; but a nice cup of hot TEA with cream (I've been told that's how the English drink their tea..Don't know if its actually true. :)  :) ) Mmmm Mmmm Good...... I tried adding canned coconut milk to my Tea but it just didn't work for me; so I've temporarily given up the hot tea.   pyrotek is right Glee is good..

I've tried ghee, but every time I buy a new container it smells rancid to me.  Is that normal?  I guess I always forget about it - and just use lemon on vegetables instead.

The brand that I use is Pure Indian Food's Organic Ghee.  I'm smiling at your "smells rancid" comment as I've realized that I've never smelt it before. One moment please..............................Okay I'm back..The Pure Indian Food's Organic Ghee seems to smell okay to me.   :D   Good luck in finding one that you're okay with.

Ta Da!  I made it!  Even with a lovely 5 day trip to Florida at the end.  It IS possible to make good food choices, it IS possible to make your needs known when dining out, it IS O.K. to ask for what YOU need :)

My personal goals at the beginning were: 1) Weight loss, 2)Kill my sugar demons 3)Get a grip on my constant snacking/grazing.  I'm happy to say I've accomplished all three.

To back up a tiny bit, on January 5th I started eating a Paleo diet at the suggestion of one of my sisters.  Don't remember how I found the Whole30 now, but decided to commit to one month.  When I put my mind to something, I am all in!  For those who have read this thread all along, you remember I did a restart early on because I didn't read my Tuna label well and realized I had eaten Soy.

Since March 1st I have lost 7 lbs.  Since January 5th I have lost 19 lbs!  I am shocked and amazed beyond words.  To say that weight loss has been a struggle all my life is an understatement.  I've told everyone I know that weight has simply 'fallen off of me' since January.  I started at 164, am now at 145.  Haven't been this low in 10 years.  Would be happy to get to 135.  Thrilled to get to 125.  A day at a time - that's all I can do. 

I'm going to continue on, black coffee and all.  I don't need sweets in my life - a nice piece of fruit can take care of that.  Almonds (my snack food) are going to have to stay on the grocery store shelves a bit longer.  Just don't feel strong enough to allow them into my house yet.

Thanks to all for your support this month.  I need to find some more threads to take part in.  Keep up the wonderful work!!

WOO HOO ... I am so happy for you! You did a fabulous job. You must feel amazing. I am still going strong. Yesterday was day 43 for me, I caved in and decided to take a taste of my husband's blueberry cheesecake. I am trying to go 90 days. I am not starting over, because I went 43 days on track. I am making this a lifestyle. Great job on the weight Loss. I still have not weighed myself.

Some of us are on the 90 day April ...thread, you should join us. Enjoy the new you!!!

Ta Da!  I made it!  Even with a lovely 5 day trip to Florida at the end.  It IS possible to make good food choices, it IS possible to make your needs known when dining out, it IS O.K. to ask for what YOU need :)

My personal goals at the beginning were: 1) Weight loss, 2)Kill my sugar demons 3)Get a grip on my constant snacking/grazing.  I'm happy to say I've accomplished all three.

To back up a tiny bit, on January 5th I started eating a Paleo diet at the suggestion of one of my sisters.  Don't remember how I found the Whole30 now, but decided to commit to one month.  When I put my mind to something, I am all in!  For those who have read this thread all along, you remember I did a restart early on because I didn't read my Tuna label well and realized I had eaten Soy.

Since March 1st I have lost 7 lbs.  Since January 5th I have lost 19 lbs!  I am shocked and amazed beyond words.  To say that weight loss has been a struggle all my life is an understatement.  I've told everyone I know that weight has simply 'fallen off of me' since January.  I started at 164, am now at 145.  Haven't been this low in 10 years.  Would be happy to get to 135.  Thrilled to get to 125.  A day at a time - that's all I can do. 

I'm going to continue on, black coffee and all.  I don't need sweets in my life - a nice piece of fruit can take care of that.  Almonds (my snack food) are going to have to stay on the grocery store shelves a bit longer.  Just don't feel strong enough to allow them into my house yet.

Thanks to all for your support this month.  I need to find some more threads to take part in.  Keep up the wonderful work!!

You DID IT... You DID IT... Congratulations!!!!!!..."A day at a time is all that is necessary."  SMILING...  

As pyrotek noted:  some of us are on the thread:  Whole90 starting on April 4th!   

In addition to that thread, I also pop on the following threads from time to time:

·         29 Days Through Whole90

·          March 30th Starters 

·         April 1st Whole30 Start date anyone? 

·         Starting April 1 - First Time

·         Starting Whole30 1 April 2015

So come join us....

Archived