STARTING MARCH 1!!!!!!!!

ashleysauce

Hi everyone! I am also starting 3/1!

I did a Whole30 for the first time in November/December and it was great, I felt awesome! Since then, I feel like my "sugar dragon" has crept back in, so to speak, so I'm giving it another try, possibly for longer than 30 days. This time, I'm going to try and make a few tweaks as well - I'm a runner and my running felt not so great the last time, even given the pre-workout and post-workout guidelines. This time, I may try and add more starchy veggies in general and include a couple more rest days in my schedule, so we'll see how it goes!

This week I'm cutting out gluten and dairy to gear up!

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

resilientcORE, glad you're pumped! I can tell you that the forum's are KEY to staying engaged in this program!

I'm not a moderator, so I can only tell you what I've learnt, BUT yes, the way to balance your hormones is to only eat 3 satiating (is that a word?) meals a day and snacks only when you really need to.

I'm a snacker from way back (healthy snacks of course ;)), but I did learn on my previous W30 that if I ate template meals ie: the right amount of fat, protein, veggies etc, I didn't yearn for snacks in between. Approved W30 snacks are OK on the odd occasion, but generally try to stick to 3 satisfying meals (and no treats - ie: SWYPO)!

I hate Facebook and other forms of social media because I don't really want the entire world knowing about my personal life - HOWEVER, a forum such as this is the perfect environment to connect with 'like minded' peeps, so I'm happy here. :P

However.....I know a lot of people prefer FB, so check out the FB pages on W30 if you prefer? I suppose you can just keep this thread as a favourite and check in on your phone? That's what I would do if I didn't have access to a computer.....best of luck, stay in touch! xx

Hi there!  I am new to this forum but would be interested in joining you guys for a Feb 1st start date.  I think I FB group is a great idea!  Just seems a bit easier to navigate. What do other thinks?  

Well, we're getting some interest on this thread already - only 4 more days to go!

Yes, I will join you.
I can not trust myself to go off plan and behave.

Hi BBChic, you'll be fine - glad you're here with us! If your body is feeling 'less than perfect' I'm talking aches & pains, stomach or sleeping issues - whatever, that's what will keep you honest and on track. Knowing that you are on a path to fixining these annoying and maybe debilitating things will help you 'behave'!

Thank you for all the responses! I am very scared about this because I am addicted to sugar and in general have issues with food, which is one of the reasons why I want to do it. But I am scared that I will give in to temptation and not complete the whole 30 days. 

Besides the book and website, are there any other resources to rely on during the journey? I am not sure I will be able to purchase the book before March 1st

resilientcORE, don't worry, you'll be fine also! I had/have a real concern about my 'love of wine' alcool06.gifdrinking-wine-smiley-emoticon.gif (Kirkor gave me these cool emoitcons), but I didn't touch a drop for 30 days + 14 days into re-intro. You CAN do it, if you think about the benefits of breaking what is just a bad habit. Re: the ISWF book, I ordered mine near the end of my first W30 and I'm only just starting to read it now. I hear it's a really helpful tool, but you DON'T need to have read it to start your W30 journey.

OK, I started today instead of waiting until March 1st.  

The good news ...  hubby is on board to start eating this way also.  Now, we can keep each other in line.  I'm not a creative cook, very basic, so I hope I can keep us both (and the kids) satisfied.  I still plan to go through the end of March, but wanted a little jump start instead of feeling bad all week waiting for the 1st to come around.  I hope I can still be a part of this group !

Good for you sunshinestate24 - very brave to start earlier than anticipated. Your meals sound great. Of course, you can still be part of this group - duhhhh! :P Glad you also have hubby joining you. There are a few of us in this thread who have their significant other joining them - hooray!

Hello all! I plan to start on March 1st! I've tried the W30 two or three times, and have only made it to about day 5. I stopped trying with much discouragement.

My relationship to food has become a point of high anxiety and stress for me. I was an omnivore for most of my life, with a natural 10-lb weight fluctuation, but no real "issues" with food, my body or body image. A few years ago I decided to try a vegan lifestyle, which was great at first! I lost weight, felt clean, lean and strong. But along the way, I developed a nut binge eating habit, so I started adding meat back into my diet, hoping it would help. But the binge eating continued, and expanded into foods beyond nuts. I tried raw food cleanses, smoothie cleanses, etc. Still, the binge eating remained and came back with even more intensity. Nuts. Popcorn. Anything with sugar. Anything with wheat/gluten. In excess! Then came the sickness in body and mind, the brain fog and the self loathing.

So... I tried the Whole30 and felt great for the few days I stuck with it. But between what was in my head about being vegan, then being paleo... I felt so confused. It got to the point where I felt guilty for eating *anything* (except maybe veggies)! Meat equaled guilt. Grains equaled guilt. Dairy equaled guilt. Legumes equaled guilt. Soy/tofu/tempeh equaled guilt. Homemade smoothies or pureed raw soups equaled guilt. Sugar equaled guilt. FRUIT, even just one piece, equaled guilt. Unsure of what to do, confused, and exacerbated, I went back to eating anything/everything. Omnivore. Binge. Guilt. Anxiety. Confusion. I gained 35-lbs in 6-9 months. Enter massive body hate/shaming. Then try the Whole30 again. Fail. Try a juice/smoothie cleanse. Fail. REPEAT.... Arrgh!

Moslty, I want *balance*. I am afraid of restrictions causing rebellion against those restrictions, leading to binges and more weight gain. But I am afraid of total freedom / no restrictions causing ultimate indulgence, also leading to binges and more weight gain.

But, I shall try the Whole30 again.

I would love a March buddy to check in with! Send me a message if anyone else would like a buddy too.

Hope you all have a beautiful week! xoxo

Ok.....I can't wait to get started....AGAIN! I feel horrible. With just the few additions I see such a change and I am getting geared up to start. I plan on going longer than the 30 days. I felt so good while on it (After the first 2 week detox). I am looking forward to the journey with this group.

I'm actually on day 14 of my Whole 30, but this group seems awesome. I don't know that I've felt this miraculous benefits of the program, but I worry that I'm eating too much. I can over-do protein and nuts fairly easily. My biggest challenge is not weighing or measuring.

I'm in as a start againer too, 4th or 5th try, got to day 14 about 6 months ago and have tried a few times since, but only gotten to about day3 since. I really need this now though, I have 4 kids under 5, and am living on sugar and my artificially sweetened caffeinated beverage of choice. I have been fairly strictly paleo before and I remember how good i felt mentally and physically then, I want that back! I have decided I need a support team this time around, there is no one in my life to fill that role at the moment, so I am hoping this forum will help with that. I look forward to success with you.

I'm in for March 1 as well. 

My relationship with food has been getting worse and worse, I really need the drastic change.  And living in the middle of nowhere, pollen levels in the spring are insane, so I'm hoping to get some relief from the springtime swollen-shut sinuses that have been plaguing me for the last few years. 

Scares the heck out of me, but I definately want to do this.  Currently in the process of planning and boxing up, sectioning off, and/or getting rid of the non-complient stuff in my pantry and fridge/freezer.  (Not to mention reeling over the added sugar in frozen TURKEY.)

Wow! Sounds like we have a few newbies + returners who need support in achieving their goals once and for all! 

I would love a March buddy to check in with! Send me a message if anyone else would like a buddy too. 

Yoganaut, I'd love to be your buddy! Sounds like you are really struggling with feeling good about yourself, and don't you know, we have all been there...probably many times! Why do we beat ourselves up about eating a piece of FRUIT? It seems slightly crazy I would say. We'll work it out. ;)  

I'm actually on day 14 of my Whole 30, but this group seems awesome. I don't know that I've felt this miraculous benefits of the program, but I worry that I'm eating too much. I can over-do protein and nuts fairly easily. My biggest challenge is not weighing or measuring.

This IS an awesome group, and I found in my first W30 an awesome group is KEY!

I'm in as a start againer too, 4th or 5th try, got to day 14 about 6 months ago and have tried a few times since, but only gotten to about day3 since. I really need this now though, I have 4 kids under 5, and am living on sugar and my artificially sweetened caffeinated beverage of choice. I have been fairly strictly paleo before and I remember how good i felt mentally and physically then, I want that back! I have decided I need a support team this time around, there is no one in my life to fill that role at the moment, so I am hoping this forum will help with that. I look forward to success with you.

AEW, we WILLl do it together! Just share, support, laugh & importantly, focus on what amazing health will feel like after 30 days of staying on track...

Much love peeps! :wub:

Leanne

Laurasuzanne,  I worry too that I might be overeating.  Mostly fruit.  I live in Florida, and it's strawberry season!  Plus, good fruit and vegetable stands are everywhere.  As an ex-no carber, I'm enjoying the freedom of eating fruit.  Maybe a little too much.  Anyone have a comment on the subject?  From what I ready, as long as the food in compliant, there really is no limit.  But fruit does have a lot of natural sugar.  I have a friend at work who is Paleo all the way, and he eats all the time.  The weight just keeps falling off of him.

I too am an ex no-carber. However, I now eat fruit as well. I am reading the book, and I believe fruit is fine as long as you make it part of a meal, not a snack. We are supposed to be eating 3 meals a day and try to break away from snacks. I usually eat no more than 2 servings of fruit a day. One with breakfast, and on occasion, the other with either lunch or dinner. Sometimes the fruit is just a garnish or ingredient in a recipe. I also follow the same guidelines for nuts. A garnish or ingredient to enhance a meal.

Hmmm.  Thanks so much for your advice !  I am eating WAY too much fruit...and I am feeling kind of achy.    Got to adjust my fruit intake.  I guess I have to get through the detox stage first before I start feeling better.  I'm so new at this.  Maybe this is also teaching me a lesson in patience!   I'm nearly 50, and still struggle with wanting instant results.  Thanks again!

Hello:

I am playing with the idea of starting March 1.  Just found out about this today!!! Going to try to plan this out before I make a complete commitment.  I have two baby showers and a gala to attend this month.  The baby showers I could probably have willpower at, but am nervous about the Gala. :unsure:  Any thoughts?

I'd like to start with this group as well - March 1st it is!  Have been eating clean since January and already see great results.  What I need help with now is snacking.  I'll nibble on almonds or fresh berries throughout the day.  Hopefully Whole30 will break me of this habit.  Looking forward to hearing great results from people :)

Hey, I'm with you. Funny, I started by telling my family and people at work that I was starting whole30 (as the book suggests) to keep me accountable to succeeding. I have one person st work that is definitely going to do it with me and several other people that are reading about it and asking questions. I guess everybody would like better health. Anyway, totaly with ya!

Archived