STARTING MARCH 1!!!!!!!!

ashleysauce

Welcome MansiK, CoriD, janeroyal and nsejen1 !

Thank you Sunshinestate24! :)  In response to one of your earlier comments, I have been doing a lot of reading on this, and apparently you might feel bad for the first 14-17 days.  Yikes! Good luck.  I am not looking forward to it.  I remember cutting out carbs for a couple of weeks a couple of years ago, and I felt horrible.  Headaches and all.  I guess that is typical carb withdrawal.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm joining too for March 1st!  I have two friends who are doing/have done the Whole 30 program and I decided to read into it.  I have always wanted to start something like this, but never found a healthy option or the support.

My only problem that I see is that my husband is not joining with me.  He says he will make his own meals but I worry he won't eat right.  So I am going to have to work on not worrying about him!

I am a lover of cereal, milk, and sweets so I will have difficulty giving these up!

Wow, massive awesome group! How's everyone's planning going? I've got meal plans set up, and lists of compliant meal options and ideas of things to do other than snack ready to put up on my pantry. Big shop tomorrow. Big cook up after that.

Good Morning/ Bore Da from the English/Welsh Marches area. I am really excitied to be starting my Whole30 on March 1st. I celebrated my 50th birthday on the 18th Feb and this is my year of transformation! I got to day 16 on Whole30 about 6 months ago, but was not fullt prepared. I have been introducing a lot of Primal eating over the last few months so hopefully will be better prepared.

Looking forward to all the support from this fab forum

Sandy x

sunshinestate24, take a look at the W30 timeline and maybe you'll find some answers. Based on other people's experinces, you probably won't be feeling better for quite some time. Your body will be de-toxing at the moment. Stay strong, you have so much to gain...

Everyone else - welcome! You're on the right path if you've decided to participate in the forums. That's Step 4 of the W30 programme - build your network! The Whole30 guys know what they're talking about! ^_^

Hi guys! 

I'm starting March 1 for the first time. I have a few friends who have successfully completed them and can't stop talking about it. I'll admit, I was one of those people at first who said "good for her, not for me" (bonus points if you know what book/person that is a quote from), but then I realized, why not for me? I've had issues with insulin resistance for years and while I do maintain a somewhat more active and healthy lifestyle than when I was diagnosed, it's been near impossible for me to lose any weight around the midsection (as is common with IR). I'm just excited to re-train my brain!

As a wine/beer and cheese addict, I know it's going to be rough (mainly on the cheese part), but I know it's all for the better. 

Glad to join such a great, supportive community! 

-Jessica 

Hello All

I'm doing my second Whole 30 starting March 1 - Thank You for starting this forum, ashleysauce. Did my first in Jan 2015 and month of FEB was reintro. I've been diagnosed with SIBO and realize I've got to keep my food as simple and straightforward as possible so that's why March Whole 30. 

Got to keep it brief this morning - so am just going to say that this winter with W30 and careful-ish reintro, I have been more healthy than most of my peers with big flus and colds that last 2-3wks. I'm usually among the sick-for-three-wks crowd. This year, it's been one-two days tops. That's very interesting.

It really does start with the gut. LeaC, where's your pic? You uploading a new you? ;) 

Hi everyone!

I did about 18 days of Whole 30 last September, then completed my first Whole 30 in December.  It was really tough but I couldn't believe how much better I felt by mid-month:  sleeping better, waking up feeling more hopeful and less depressed, fewer sugar cravings, clothes fitting better, tons more energy.  It was HARD but it's the best I've felt in years.

I wrestle quite a bit with anxiety and depression and have a definite sugar addiction.  Thankfully I have a really great counselor and super supportive husband.  But I am so tired of feeling like I'm on a rollercoaster with emotions and sugar cravings every single day.  After trying lots of different things, I feel confident that the Whole 30 is the best path for me to kick this stuff in the butt and really thrive.

I had planned to do another Whole 30 for the month of March and I knew it would be much easier and way more fun to do it with some other people.  I was so excited to see this thread!  I would love your encouragement and support, and will gladly do what I can to  help you all feel encouraged toward your individual goals as well.

Here's to making great things happen - together!

Dana

Thanks for that advice LeaC.  Very interesting read.  I never went through  the Kill All the Things phase, but I am on Day 5, and I could really use a nap.(AND my pants are tighter :( ).  LOVE this group.

sandybethsocks - I too will turn 50 in April !  Still have young children at home, one with special needs, so I've to to keep this body in motion for a long time!    I'm with you all the way ~!!! 

This is my second whole30. I completed my first whole30 last March. I've been eating paleo 80/20 or 90/10 for the last year. I feel like I need a little recharge and structure in my eating style. So here I am. Pumped and ready to go! 

***For any newbies- Don't get yourself overwhelmed with cooking. Keep your meals simple and always read your label! 

Tomorrow I'm going grocery shopping and cleaning out my fridge :)

I'm starting for the first time March 1st! I'm interested to see the effects of eliminating whole grains and dairy from my diet and hope not to make any mistakes with reading labels (would have definitely eaten dijon mustard if I hadn't read about it in the rules first!)

2 Days until we start! So excited to see so many people starting as well!

Anyone doing any meal prep this weekend to get started? I'm planning to do something with Spaghetti Squash - not quite sure what yet, but perhaps PaleOMG's 5-Ingredient Spaghetti Pie, which is DELICIOUS! I also recently purchased the Mediterranean Paleo Cooking cookbook and Practical Paleo, so I'm really excited to try some more recipes from there as well.

I'm really struggling before I get started to not eat a bunch of candy because "then I won't be able to." I mean, I'm trying to break a lifelong sugar addiction. And it makes me feel like crap. Feeling like I'm in a major struggle with my brain right now having not "officially" started the Whole30 yet! Maybe I should just start today, this second!

• Administrators

I'm really struggling before I get started to not eat a bunch of candy because "then I won't be able to." I mean, I'm trying to break a lifelong sugar addiction. And it makes me feel like crap. Feeling like I'm in a major struggle with my brain right now having not "officially" started the Whole30 yet! Maybe I should just start today, this second!

Just so you know, the more off-the-rails your days are before you go live with Whole30, the exponentially worse your transition could be as you get going.  So Eat All The Candy is highly not recommended.  Highly.  :)

Just so you know, the more off-the-rails your days are before you go live with Whole30, the exponentially worse your transition could be as you get going.  So Eat All The Candy is highly not recommended.  Highly.   :)

Oh yeah, no I definitely understand that! I logically understand... I've just been fighting that little childish part of my brain that's like "I WANT CANDY!" Trust me, I would like to make the transition much better! Thanks :)

• Administrators

Oh yeah, no I definitely understand that! I logically understand... I've just been fighting that little childish part of my brain that's like "I WANT CANDY!" Trust me, I would like to make the transition much better! Thanks :)

That panicky fear of having to go without sugar......I remember it vividly.  It is what sabotaged every single attempt that I ever made at cleaning up my diet or lowing weight or even just not binging on sugar.  

Recommendations when you are in the thick of it:  eat fat and protein when your body pitches a "give me sweets now" fit.  Do not give your craving anything sweet including fresh fruit and especially not dried fruit.  Nuts can present some of the same issues so those should not be the fat source you choose if you are eating during a craving.  Those little devil sugar monsters can stay alive and well on just the sweetness of fresh fruit and if you're trying to kill it off or dull it down, don't eat fruit alone.  As part of a larger meal that contained protein, veggies and fat is totally fine.

First-timer here also starting for March! I think I've managed to convince my roommate and a couple of co-workers to join me as well...a little worried they aren't quite as committed as I am, but I'm pumping myself up to be their cheerleader. Started scouring the site last week, bought the book yesterday, and have been kind of a little obsessed with pinning meal ideas and tips to my Whole30 Pinterest board. Anybody else get totally jazzed by all the meal planning?  :) Definitely pumped to go shopping tomorrow and do my prep work, so I hope the excitement continues when I inevitably feel like crap next week, hahaha. March happens to be a particularly hideous month at work, so I'm preparing for the worst and hoping for the best, but I've got one roommate who already follows a Paleo diet who is even more excited for me than I am, and this awesome forum with you lovely people, so I have very high hopes.

Best of luck everyone!

Archived