STARTING MARCH 1!!!!!!!!

ashleysauce

Hello all !

I'm on Day 15, and it's finally starting to kick in for me.  I feel wonderful, boundless energy, restless leg symptoms gone, no more hot flashes, and I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything !  Made cupcakes for son's last basketball game, and they didn't even tempt me.  Now, we have extra cupcakes in the house (!) but I feel like I'm OK with that.

I did make cauliflower mashed potatoes last night, and they were a hit !  Blended in the food processor (my best buy so far this year!) with some garlic and clarified butter.  Have to try almond milk, not sure how that is made, and the granola sounds yummy.  I will use it as a snack (after whole30 of course) or add it to some monkey salad.  

I agree to buy nuts from Costco.  They are still pricey, but better than the grocery store.  I have started making almond butter to spread on apples or celery, and I love it !

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DAY 23 and feeling fine! Last week I was NOT feeling fine. In fact, depressed, hormones gone crazy, overwhelmed, and not excited at all by the whole30 foods.

I am trying lots of new recipes now and am thrilled to keep on with the plan and not failing. My body is thanking me for it. Doing yoga every day helps me check in and see how I am feeling physically and emotionally. I am excited to be able to have drinks with my friends again once this is done though...

Oh - and I am nervous about reintroduction. When should I start planning? I don't have the book, my mom has it and she lives far away! I am thinking I want cheese first...

Good work to all of you keeping on with the program and encouraging others. Glad to hear that Tigers Blood is kicking in for some people. I feel good, just not CRAZY good like I thought. Still have cravings for food I miss. We will see how that plays out.

Cheers!

Thanks Ladyshanny for the clarification on granola. I think I was just soooooo over eating meat & vegies that  I started thinking of alternatives that I could stomach.

I was so sick that I didn't eat all yesterday or half of today, I could only drink my food which I know is not part of the plan. It was either that or I wouldn't have eaten at all.

Tonight I made the best tomato soup - http://paleocomfortfoods.com/recipes/creamy-dairy-free-tomato-soup/ along with 1 pork sausage. Slowly trying to re-introduce food.

Carmen, unless the virus travels at light speed overseas, I didn't catch it from you guys (I live in Australia)! :D  Thanks for the thought though.

SamWheat, I'm glad your wife's migraines reduced since cutting out gluten. As hubby as been doing W30 with me, he hasn't had any gluten, and I think his headaches are the same as before. Will be interesting at the end of 30 days to see whether he can actually notice an improvement though.

SarahK211 - I take your point re: granola!

Kiraness,  glad you overcame those hurdles of the last week. We are only human afterall....I have thoughts of giving up because the food prep & food choice is so tiresome to me now, but I just DON'T want to be that person who makes it to day 28 and gives up. I have to say though, I'm soooo looking forward to reaching Day 30.

Peace all! xx

Hi all. Im Debs, a New Zealander who has recently moved to Brisbane Australia to live.

Im on the evening of Day 3. I feel nothing. I feel exactly the same as before I gave up my treats. What about the headaches and hungover feelings I read about??

Hi Debszie:  The "Whole30 timeline" article closed with a disclaimer of "no two people's Whole30 is the same etc etc etc................." and I'm glad that it did because my body has been off target throughout the whole program...  For example, I experienced "Day 6-7:  I just want a nap.."actually on Days 4-5.   Actually I believed I stayed in this phase through Day 22. :o   Just now feel like I'm coming out of the fog.   :D Then on Day 12 I reverted back to Days 4-5: Kill ALL the things!" Wow the body is a unique machine indeed.  Then on Day 13, my face started breaking out....total opposite to the Day 8's daily newsletter reading which indicated that during days 7-11 any skin issues should be gradually improving.  Today 3/24/2015 is the first day that I've seen any improvements in my face.  Acne is practically gone.   This past weekend (3/21/2015) was the first time that I was able to quickly fall asleep.  I am still working on getting 7 - 8 uninterrupted hours of sleep under my belt though.  Currently averaging 6 to 6 1/2 hours. 

So in closing.. .HANG in There.....

Hi Debszie:  The "Whole30 timeline" article closed with a disclaimer of "no two people's Whole30 is the same etc etc etc................." and I'm glad that it did because my body has been off target throughout the whole program...  For example, I experienced "Day 6-7:  I just want a nap.."actually on Days 4-5.   Actually I believed I stayed in this phase through Day 22. :o   Just now feel like I'm coming out of the fog.   :D Then on Day 12 I reverted back to Days 4-5: Kill ALL the things!" Wow the body is a unique machine indeed.  Then on Day 13, my face started breaking out....total opposite to the Day 8's daily newsletter reading which indicated that during days 7-11 any skin issues should be gradually improving.  Today 3/24/2015 is the first day that I've seen any improvements in my face.  Acne is practically gone.   This past weekend (3/21/2015) was the first time that I was able to quickly fall asleep.  I am still working getting 7 - 8 uninterrupted hours of sleep under my belt though.  Currently averaging 6 to 6 1/2 hours. 

So in closing.. .HANG in There.....

Wow, look at all of the different changes you've occurred and how so in tune you are with your body. Great job, Whole30 mindset  :) I agree that we all have individual timelines and reactions. 

Hey All

Still here alive and kickin'. Good to catch up on posts. It was a full weekend and into the week with spring break music day workshops. Good to see Janeroyal still here a well - I'm GLAD you're sticking with it! Sorry to read about your stomach, leaC that doesn't sound like fun. It does sound like a bug.

Kiraness I identified with your post about feeling depressed and overwhelmed. I think food plays a BIG role, much bigger than I realized, in managing/avoiding emotions, esp. ones that keep us in our comfort zones. That said, I just want to point out that it's not about succeeding or failing - it's about noticing and learning.

THAT said, I'm feeling pretty ok, but well, all those little buggy thoughts and feelings that I've kept at bay with chocolate, alcohol, sugar, grazing, are raising their little heads. 

I've been writing more, which is a good thing. It's interesting really, and normally I can keep perspective -- but some days. Soooome daayyyys.....

I haven't been doing yoga. It's been about seven days. Stopped after the bone broth incident Sunday before last and just haven't picked it back up. Got into a bit of a funk, but kept a pretty good perspective. Hard to share about actually. Easy to share about how the body is reacting and how hard it is to stay compliant, etc, but hard to share about the other stuff this real change brings up.

And you know what? It's all just thoughts attached to emotion. Nothing more really. Thoughts to acknowledge, hear, hold and let go rather than shove down with food. Getting into the body really helps me notice and release constrictions of the mind so I'm going to do some everyday this week starting today. It's been on my mind. It's supposed to get up to 75 degrees here in Portland this week!! Maybe do a bit outside. :) :)

Just a few more days left and then I'm going to reintro 24-hour yogurt. Hope it's ok to post a link to this article on it now as it's really informative. Can't wait - this time keep it to 2 cups max a day as doc suggested.

Feel better, leaC and stay well everyone! xoxb

Thanks Ladyshanny for the clarification on granola. I think I was just soooooo over eating meat & vegies that  I started thinking of alternatives that I could stomach.

I was so sick that I didn't eat all yesterday or half of today, I could only drink my food which I know is not part of the plan. It was either that or I wouldn't have eaten at all.

Tonight I made the best tomato soup - http://paleocomfortfoods.com/recipes/creamy-dairy-free-tomato-soup/ along with 1 pork sausage. Slowly trying to re-introduce food.

Carmen, unless the virus travels at light speed overseas, I didn't catch it from you guys (I live in Australia)! :D  Thanks for the thought though.

SamWheat, I'm glad your wife's migraines reduced since cutting out gluten. As hubby as been doing W30 with me, he hasn't had any gluten, and I think his headaches are the same as before. Will be interesting at the end of 30 days to see whether he can actually notice an improvement though.

SarahK211 - I take your point re: granola!

Kiraness,  glad you overcame those hurdles of the last week. We are only human afterall....I have thoughts of giving up because the food prep & food choice is so tiresome to me now, but I just DON'T want to be that person who makes it to day 28 and gives up. I have to say though, I'm soooo looking forward to reaching Day 30.

Peace all! xx

I've made this tomato soup before. It was delicious. One time I had leftover meatballs so I put them in my soup for lunch. I like spicy food, so I added a little cayenne pepper and crushed red pepper flakes. 

Thanks for your support Bronny! Yes I think if you are sensible about these things, you can still enjoy a large variety of whole foods and not give in to mindless snacking on pretend junk food. Who doesn't want sweet buttery pumpkin balls accompanying the meat on their dinner plate?!

By the way, I noticed that ashleysauce who started this thread, updated her picture today - yet no posts???? I do find it odd that people start threads then check out... :huh:

Here's to 1 week down guys! Night.

Hi leaC... I am smiling at your "I do find it odd that people start threads then check out...  :huh:" comment as even though I didn't start the thread, I had in fact checked out and wasn't posting....I went into survival mode and my primary goal was to just focus on "making good food choices".  It's all I could muster up to do. My body has lived in Day 6-7 timeline mode for the past 20+ days.  Today is the first day that I've been able to actually get to work before 10:00 am (EST); thank God for this job..as any other place I might have been sent packing............. I am now working on catching up to the posts and reading the daily newsletters.  I think that I am now only 5 or 6 days behind in readings versus 22 days...  :wacko:   

Oh and I've been working on uploading a pic since day one... Hadn't gotten there yet; but in due time, in due time indeed.   :ph34r:

Happy Whole30 everyone and keep moving forward.....

I have my groceries delivered, so I have tons of fresh produce and goodies for the week. I am in love with not having to weigh, measure, or count anything!!! Have a great night...Thanks!!!

Who delivers your groceries and how I can get in on that as I'm not thrilled with grocery shopping..... I'm doing it but still not very thrilled with it...  I live in Centeral Florida..

Hey leaC, you nailed the context perfectly. IF you were eating these solo or as a dessert replacement, then they would be considered SWYPO. However, if you're using it as a condiment for your dish, it's totally fine. As long as it's an accompaniment to your meal and NOT a replacement for a meal/snack then all is good. And in your case, you're essentially using it like a flavoured butter/bearnaise/fruit salsa. Sounds yummy.

ps. Didn't mean to horn in on the March 1st thread! Y'all are a fun bunch...even if I didn't start at the same time. (I just finished my whole 30 yesterday.) :)

Congratulations on finishing your Whole30....I commend you.  Any thoughts on doing another one?

Forgot to mention, I made a couple of batches of Kale Chips - my famiy devour them quicker than I can make them.

We had Kale Chips for dinner last night, and tonight, and we're sure to have kale chips for breakfast tomorrow!

Night.

L. xx

Have you tried plantain chips?  They're really good.. I got the recipe from Melissa Jowan's website site.  She is the author of the cookbooks "Well Fed"  and Well Fed2.   I still can't get the Kale chips to turn out right...but I'll keep trying.

Hi Everyone! 

Carmen, it's interesting how different we all are. At the moment, I'm feeling pretty good, I don't often feel hungry and I feel mentally clear. Hubby on the other hand has had a few flat days, said today he feels a bit low - although we're eating the exact same food. I reminded him that he's incorporating a few things that aren't 'on the plan' so he has to realise we will end up with different results.

How's everyone else feeling?

Dinner tonight was: Hash Browns (shredded potato, egg, seasoning, fried in duck fat) & Lamb Shanks (cooked in tomato paste beef stock, L.S.A.)

Mmmmmm....

March 10th like crap.....Was nauseated, throwing up and had diarrhea which are the same symptoms I get when I've eaten something with gluten in it.  

March 24th-Day 24th; I feel great.  I believe the March 10th ailments were an allergic reaction to being too close to a dog.  I guess I am more allergic to them then I realized.

Hi everyone !  It sounds like things are moving along well for most of you.  Me?  Not so much.  This is technically day 16 for me (although I had an eggroll Saturday night, so it could just be day 3?) and I'm not feeling any benefits yet.  I am super bloated today, my skin does NOT glow -- in fact I look a little pale today -- and my pants are NOT loose.  I haven't stepped on the scale, but I would be totally surprised if I had lost an ounce.  Could it be that one eggroll really undid all my progress?  Not that I was feeling extreme energy or light on my feet before the slip up, but it's possible I am just now getting to the tired stage.  I do plan to do this, for the most part, way past 30 days.  As someone who has dieted and lost and gained weight all my life -- since I was about 13 -- I now know that there is no quick fix, so I'm committed to eating this way long term.  For the past several years, regardless of my effort, I have not been able to take any weight off except 10 lbs when I did South Beach for about 4 months.  I do, however, manage to put on a few pounds every couple of months, and I'm hoping to stop that trend right now before it gets any worse.  I am currently 50 lbs overweight, and can't afford another yo-yo diet which just puts the pounds on in the end.  I KNOW this is the right way to treat my body.  My husband works at a cancer center, and people have beaten cancer eating this way.  I would just like to see some results for once in my life....Rambling, I know, but frustrated.  I'll just keep on keeping on I guess, and know that I am healing on the inside.  I do think I have some food allergies, as blood tests revealed some sort of allergy, but I just don't know what food.  It could also be the extreme pollen season we are in right now, although there are no symptoms like one would expect, ie coughing, sneezing, runny eyes.  Sorry to be such a buzz kill to all of you wonderful people who are doing and feeling great ~!

Tough love, inbound.  If you want to see results, especially with the Whole30, you have to actually DO the Whole30.  There is no room for slip ups of egg rolls.  The reason that there is No Room for an egg roll/chocolate/pancake/whatever your thing is, is because while there is a "no" list for foods to help with gut healing there is also a huge amount of mental and emotional healing that comes with the program.  When you commit to really doing it.  Commit to turning down your old foods because you decided you would.  Commit to knowing that it might not feel good and it might be emotionally painful and it might just plain suck.  Commit to changing your behaviours surrounding food.

Did the egg roll make you feel awful this many days later? Maybe.  Probably not. What you have completely missed out on by choosing to eat off plan though is being able to look at your clean slate and tweak and make changes based on how you're feeling.  You've tainted your reset in both body and spirit, unfortunately.

I hope you will consider your Day One as the day after the egg roll so that you can do the program and reap the benefits. Nothing in an egg roll is going to make you feel better, ease the eventual guilt/pain or hold your hand as you forge a new path for yourself.  The only thing that will do that is your will and your commitment to yourself.

Thank you for your honesty. I know it's hard when you read everyone noticing such great changes. Stay strong, you WILL get there. I would start counting Day 1 after your egg roll incident. Whole30 is not easy, but trust me after you finish you will be so proud of yourself. It's not just about changing your eating habits but your relationship with food. Babysteps, losing weight does not happen over night. You didn't get 50lbs overweight in one night, so shedding the lbs will take some time. Your efforts and hard work will pay off. Being honest with not only yourself but with others is a good way to stay accountable. I'm all about writing goals (SMART goals). Each week I set a small goal for myself, this helps to remind myself that I AM making progress. 

For myself, I truly enjoy cooking and trying new recipes. I also enjoy sharing and educating others on how to make healthier eating choices. Please keep posting and let the members here provide you inspiration and feedback, that's why we have this group. I've found for myself posting my meals on the facebook group and instagram really helps me to stay compliant and also helps me to remember what I've been eating. Stay strong and stay compliant :)

I love it !  Good cop bad cop.  Thanks, guys, for the advice.  I am starting over.  Lesson learned.  Hopefully, I will be the only one in the forum to have to start from the beginning again.  Why am I not surprised ? :).

You're not the first and you certainly won't be the last.  My final suggestion about your start over is to take a few minutes and think back on the events of The Egg Roll Incident.  Learn something from it.  Were you ravenously hungry (therefore leading to weakened decision making), were you upset or bored or feeling pressured? Celebrating? Figure out what the circumstances surrounding your cause for restart and make some decisions about how you will go if that crops up again.  (emergency purse food, having yummy things available so you don't feel deprived, making sure you are eating enough at all meals etc).

:)

Hi sunshinestate24......

I hope you find this article "Reset" helpful as you journey through this Whole30 process:  http://whole30.com/2014/06/really-start-whole30/

And as ladyshanny, on 10 Mar 2015 - 4:27 PM, said: :you're not the first person that has had to start over and you won't be the last.  

The article "Reset"invites those who find themselves repeatedly starting over to:

"take a good, hard look at what may be blocking or sabotaging the commitment you've made to yourself and the program......See if you can identify your own personal road blocks and find a way to clear them". 

Progress sometimes forces us to take 3 steps forward and 1 or 2 steps back. It is rarely a straight-forward thing.  

In closing,

"The secret of CHANGE is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, BUT on BUILDING the new".... Socrates

Each day holds the potential for something to sidetrack us from our intended purpose.  We all make mistakes.  The hope is that we learn from them; that we change our behavior and attitudes so that we won't repeat the same error.  By doing so, even painful past experiences can help us learn to create a better future.  

I'm pulling for your success "sunshinestate24"...and believe in you.  

Good Morning, Happy Hump day and Happy Day 11. How is everyone feeling today? 

I woke up with a lot of energy and feel great this morning. I got home late last night, but had planned ahead and prepped (well my boyfriend did) dinner. Made a simple meal- baked chicken with sweet potatoes, carrots, and onions. While that was cooking I ate a bowl of Golden Cauliflower soup (recipe from Well Fed). It was a great appetizer that held me over until dinner was ready. I've noticed having pre-made soups or meals is extremely helpful and a huge time saver.

I'm curious, what is in your freezer or fridge that you make a big batch of? 

I ditto the pre-made soups idea and now have quite a few in my freezer... 1.  Curry Veggie soup 2. Asian chicken soup with napa cabbage and bok choy  3. Roasted Red Pepper Soup 4.Cabbage and Winter Veggie Soup 5.  Carrot puree soup.....

I sure wished I would have made these the week before starting the Whole30 instead of the past 2 weekends; because, maybe my sleeping habits would be better... smiling....

I also have Garden Veggie Meatballs, an onion carrot meatloaf, and various cooked leftover veggies from previous meals (such as, mashed cauliflower, roasted brussell sprouts, collard greens, roasted red pepper strips, roasted cabbage, asparagus with carrots.

• Administrators

I also have Garden Veggie Meatballs, an onion carrot meatloaf, and various cooked leftover veggies from previous meals (such as, mashed cauliflower, roasted brussell sprouts, collard greens, roasted red pepper strips, roasted cabbage, asparagus with carrots.

Can you share your Garden Veggie Meatball recipe? Sounds delightful!

Hi Everyone,

Saw the best documentary last night, it's called That Sugar Film.

ThatSugarFilm_poster_d809010165d2eaac8c1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uaWekLrilY

It's an Aussie film about the hidden sugars found in so called 'healthy foods'. Quite funny and a real eye opener with guest appearances by Hugh Jackman and Stephen Fry. It's a little like Super Size me, the main character goes from a healthy diet to eating 40 teaspoons of sugar a day - the results are scary. It's doing the rounds here in Australia at the moment and I hear it's bound for international cinemas later this year.     

I did find this Review also http://foodwatch.com.au/reviews/item/film-review-that-sugar-film.html which was a little harsh but gives an honest opinion I suppose. I do recommend you go see it if you can. Dallas and Melissa are spot on with their explanation of how sugar really messes you up - it's addictive quality & ability to bring a sudden rush of energy followed up an inevitable slump, needing another shot of 'pick me up' is not a roller coaster ride I really want to go on again for a while... ^_^

I will check out the film...Thanks for sharing.

Have you ever tried making your own? This one that was linked in an old Whole9 post is SO good!  http://www.foodrenegade.com/tom-kha-gai-thai-coconut-soup/

One of my favourite things to make if feeling down or like my body is fighting off anything from cold to flu to period upset.   :)

Thanks for sharing recipe... I am going to give it a try.

@ claws and sunshinestate24...Yay sunshine state! I'm in Lake Mary.  :) Best of luck!

Hi Janinna....Sorry about the delay in responding....Had been in survival mode... My body was stuck in Day 6-7 timeline zone (i.e. I just want to take a nap)...So very much better today.  

Best of luck to you as well. 

Hola y'all! 

Haven't been able to keep up with the posts lately. I hope everyone is doing well. 

Spring allergies have hit me really hard, right about the same time as my hard days on the Whole30. Let's just say I haven't been the most pleasant person lately.  :ph34r: My poor family...luckily my energy is back!! Whoop whoop.

Whoop Whoop to you Janinna...Good job hanging in there....I decided that my #1 job during the Whole30 was to focus on making good food choices and do my best at reading the posts...It's day 24 and I've read through Post 280 out of 391; so I'm nearing the post read finish line.  I started reading from post 189.  My plan now is that once I'm current to stay current (only 6 more days to go before day 30) and to be a better support person for everyone else.  Stay Strong... 

Congratulations everyone! We're over half way there. This weekend was a little challenging for me. I had a funeral on Saturday and was gone all day. I ate a large breakfast before Traveling. After the service everyone went to a friends house who had food catered. I was a little hungry but not starving. I had some salad and added olives sans dressing. I couldn't locate any olive oil and vinegar. They had salmon for bagels so I added that to my salad. It wasn't much food but I didn't want to eat something non-compliant just to eat it. The salmon filled me up. I packed a snack of nuts in my car for afterwards. Later that evening I went out to eat with my sister and mom. I ordered a burger and wrapped it in lettuce. While driving home I found myself wanting a snack, but I realized I was just bored and knew I wasn't "hungry." I avoided the snack and when I got home I went to bed sans snack and felt satisfied.

From this weekend I really became aware of my desire for snacking is more habitual or out of boredom. Last week I was extra tired. I wasn't able to workout as much, but reminded myself to listen to my body and rest. Today I'm looking forward to enjoying the warm weather and going for a long bike ride.

How is everyone feeling? What's one new recipe you found that you have already tried are going to try?

Hi Carmen: I practically have the same revelation regarding my desire for snacking and/or wanting forbidden foods... It is more out of habit then desire.

The one new recipe I tried was a flank steak with an organic balsamic vinegar glaze... It was finger-licking good... I can't recall what veggie side I ate with it but the flank steak was super yummy..

Per the "Can I have".....article balsamic vinegar is on the Yes list......just remember to read the label.....  :D

Happy St. Patrick's Day and Day 17! I'm so proud of everyone for staying strong and so motivated. I woke up fully energized and alert today. I forgot to drink my coffee during breakfast but didn't need it! I typically drink one cup a day after I eat breakfast, but not dependent on the caffeine. This is something I changed last year when I was doing my first Whole30. I read to not drink coffee before or during breakfast but after. Ever since I've been doing that, I definitely enjoy my breakfast. 

I've been on a sweet potato hash kick. This morning I made a sweet potato hash but instead of poached eggs, I mixed in scrambled eggs. It was delicious, but I still love my poached eggs.  I've noticed that I don't have cravings for anything sweet. I've been around a bunch of sweets but knowing that everyone else here has been doing so well helps me stay focused. Plus I would rather indulge in something better, like bacon that won't make me feel yuck!  :)

What's one NEW food that you've tried that surprisingly you liked? For me, I tried olives (first Whole30) and LOVE them. I haven't tried anything out of the ordinary this time around. I need some suggestions. 

I'm learning how to eat squash (yellow, green)..Thus far the only way I've been able to get it down is by using my spiralizer that I purchased back in December 2014.  It's actually not bad; but I am not ready to venture toward the nice thick slices, Maggiedoll, loves.  Who know maybe soon...One day at a time...one meal at a time....

I just tried LaCroix sparkling water.  I would never have known about it if it wasn't for the Whole30 March 2nd, 2015 article.  The flavors that I've tried thus far are as follows:  Lime, Pure, Orange, Cran-Rasberry, cerise limon.  I really have liked them all.

I also tried coconut and it definitely WAS NOT my favorite. It's in my cupboard waiting for me to figure out what to do with it.  I'll be mixing it with something...not sure what but I won't be drinking it as a stand along drink.

I also tried the "Chomps Snack Sticks (Original and Jalapeno).  I liked them both...

Raw Organic Walnut Butter, Raw Organic Cashew Butter and Raw Organic Coconut Butter (all made by Artisana)...Not bad, not bad at all.

Rock on everyone...

Hello everyone !  Well, I'm not feeling it.  But to be fair, I am not on Day 18, since I started over, but am on Day 11 (oh, maybe that's why).  Yesterday I was so tired I was falling asleep at my desk, despite my good night's sleep the night before.  And my skin was looking pale and lifeless.  Now today I have more energy, but although I haven't been on the scale, I know I haven't lost any weight because my clothes are still the same.  I feel good about how I'm eating, and I'm sure my blood work would have my sugar levels at normal instead of the pre-diabetic numbers from before, and that is a huge win.  But I really want to lose weight !  I have all but cut out fruit - in fact, I think I will cut it out altogether because it always makes me feel bloated -- and I've cut way back on nuts -- only having them a few times a week.  Maybe it's the sweet potatoes ?  I eat them every day, and I'm not a crazy work out queen.  In fact, I sit at my desk most days, and am not getting to the gym like I'd like to due to schedules.  So, all that's left is meat, vegetables, and healthy fats.  I'm OK with that.  I love the mayonnaise I've made, and had tuna salad lettuce wraps for lunch along with a salad with my homemade Italian dressing.  I'm going to try keeping dinners super light, getting out for a walk after dinner, since it's still light outside, and just being patient.  My body has always been slower at losing weight, and i just have to wait until it finally realizes that this is how I'm going to eat, and it's going to have to burn stored fat for energy (hehe).  Hear that body ?  Listen up !  I have found my new way to eat for life !  Maybe not so strict,   but following the same principles as far as little or no ingredients, and making more things in the kitchen.  Now, I have GOT to get my family, especially kids, to eat this way.  I'm thinking it will help with my little one's attention problem.

I'm so glad to hear everyone is doing so well.  It's not easy, but it's fun !

Hi Sunshinestate24:  I normally only eat fruit and/or sweet potatoes (i.e. other starchy veggies) on my strength training workout days.  The other days of the week, I stick with meats and fibrous veggies (brussell sprouts, spinach, cabbage etc).  Hang in there...your body is adjusting.  

Archived