Newbie starting on February 15, 2015

Gidstastic

Sounds like we're all doing pretty well!

End of day 3 here, and it's been pretty good! Didn't snack at all today, and dealt with some major temptation with no problem at all. I got home from work an hour early today, and husband had friends over and they had my favorite chips and chocolate freakin donuts! But honestly, I didn't want them, which was a strange, wonderful feeling. I work as a nanny, and prepared a grilled ham and cheese sandwich for the boy I look after for lunch. Normally I would have made myself a few too. Didn't miss it at all! I'm sure as I continue this could get tougher (but maybe easier?), but I'm feeling really positive.

I've had a dull headache, which isn't too much trouble, and I totally expected. My mood has been fine, and I'm finding myself really enjoying my meals and feeling super satisfied. I actually couldn't finish my plate of pan fried chicken with spices, steamed broccoli/caul/carrots and small baked potato, and a few strawberries. Just boxed up half to have for lunch tomorrow.

Considering that only days ago I could down a heaping plate of chinese food (and seconds!) this gives me a lot of hope that positive change is happening already.

Sounds like you're all doing well!

I was so exhausted last night I didn't get up to work out before my daughter was up, so I packed gym clothes to hit the Y after work today.  The Day 2 headache this morning went away after a good breakfast and some water but I can feel the lethargy today plus I'm sore from lifting yesterday.  I did have a bit more bounce in my step this morning though!  I've been so sleepy, despite mostly getting enough sleep, the past few weeks and it's hit hard today.  I really just want to sleep all day instead of work.  I felt liberated yesterday and today not having to eat every couple of hours.

Day 4

Woke up this morning with what felt like a bad hangover - shakey and feeling horrible 

Added an extra egg to breakfast and feeling a bit better

Will see how the rest of the day goes

Good luck to all 

Zoe

Start of day 5 here. I've been quite lethargic, but still feeling pretty good. Was lucky to be able to nap yesterday, and I have a day off today. I'm dealing with a bit of mental fuzziness right before dinner, but eating quickly fixes it.

I'm finding my appetite has decreased a lot. I used to eat a heaping plate of not-so-healthy food, and usually could have seconds. Now I'm finding I can't finish my meals already, no matter how much I'm enjoying them (which I really am...who knew health could taste so good?)

Over all, I'm really pleased so far. I have a lot of weight to lose, but already have that flat-tummy feeling, just from not feeling bloated and overly full all the time. I feel so much more educated about my choices already. Even thinking forward to the reintroduction phase, I'm looking forward to keeping my meals healthy. I've been able to reach my 10,000 steps a day every day so far. It's very muggy and humid here, but I'm embracing the sweat.

Keep going, friends! We can do this!

Day 5

Slept like a baby last night - I generally sleep well (or rather go into semi unconsciousness each night having worked and run after 3 boys and a hubby)

But last nights sleep was good

Kelsey - i am the complete opposite to you - my apatite has increased BUT I have cut out nuts for lent so I am probably way down on calories

I too am hoping to shift about 10 pounds and I really hope my bloated tummy finally goes

Good luck

Zoe 

Day 6!

I had a mighty battle with my Sugar Dragon last night. I'm proud to say I won.

I was home alone, and there was an open bag of my favorite chips, left over from a visiting friend. I paced the kitchen for about 5 minutes, at war with myself. In the end I knew it wasn't worth starting again at day 1, and that the most important thing was proving my will power to myself. I've very proud of myself today.

I think I've by-passed the KILL ALL THE THINGS phase too! Fingers crossed, anyway.

I've been debating sharing this, because I'm usually private about weight loss (especially specific numbers), but what the heck. I'm blogging my Whole30 at kelseyswhole30.blogspot.com if you're interested at following along there.

Hi all

I haven't felt the killing all things yet BUT I have been off work all week with the kids on 1/2 term - so next week might be different when the pressure kicks back in.

Kelsey I was also home alone last night - and although my sugar dragon did not come out (I have been feeding it a spoon full of olive oil each time it has come to pester me) what felt like the need to idly snack was about. It was tricky but i overcame it with water. I am not good with lots of liquid in me so I may be horribly bloated today.

RE Crisps - I have put them firmly in a place in my head that has them swimming in bad PUFA oils which mess up your system.

Not sure what I will do if I find crisps cooked in olive oil. 

Good luck with the next day.

Zoe

Good morning, Day 8! I feel like I'm in a great routine, and I know I can do this. I'm doing big shop and a lot of food prep today. I don't think I'm quite ready to face full-on temptation, so I'm taking a pass on attending a 1-yr-olds birthday party today. The mum is one of my closest friends here in Australia, so she understands, especially considering her rock star baking skills. :)

I think I'm over the headache phase, and I'm feeling pretty good! Husband has been really supportive. He usually has takeaway on Saturday nights, and last night he was kind enough to wait for me to go to bed before ordering a pizza. It would have been torture having to watch him eat that!

I feel like the next 22 days will be easy enough to conquer, because I'm committed, and I know exactly what I need to do. I'm trying to mentally prepare for after my Whole30, so I don't revert to my old ways.

I hope things are going smoothly for everyone!

Hi All

The food is all going well - perhaps a few idle snacks - spoonful of olive oil for the dragon every now and again - but I am becoming more aware of these

The emotional side is not going well - tried to put my fav jeans on yesterday and couldn't even get close to zipping them up

Bering in mind I have started the Whole 30 about 10 pounds over I am stressed

Really struggling with what to do 

I have not been doing nuts and most nightshades but think I probably need to go down the auto immune route - SIGH !!! - I LOVE EGGS

Will see how things go over the next few days them may need to try AIP

Good luck to all today

Zoe

• Administrators

I have not been doing nuts and most nightshades but think I probably need to go down the auto immune route - SIGH !!! - I LOVE EGGS

Will see how things go over the next few days them may need to try AIP

Hi Zoe, stay the course, it's only been a few days and this is a 30 day program. ;) We really recommend that you complete a regular Whole30 and assess your results before moving to an AIP version. The Whole30 by its nature is an anti-inflammatory program, try to let it do its work for 30 whole days before making changes or tweaks to it.

ladyshanny

Thanks

Have been mulling over what to do
My plan was always to do W30 to Easter  

With current bloating was going to go AIP from tomorrow but might just cut down on eggs / nightshades / seeds

Just looking at this weeks menus to see what I will tweak

On the up side have just done a big family dinner (for 9) - all main course W30 (meat / veg / pots) & not a pip out of anyone

Zoe 

Day 11! I think I'm over any 'bad' days, but I'm eagerly awaiting Tiger Blood! I am energetic, and I've been in a great mood. I'll admit, I'm absolutely DYING to get on the scale, because I'm seeing changes already in my stomach and I'm very optimistic. But I wont!

I saw Jamie Oliver meat selections at Woolworths the other day, and his ingredients are surprisingly close to compliant. I wrote down the ingredients and made the tweaks needed to make a compliant version on my own, and I'm really enjoying the meals.

I don't have much to whinge about. My body is rejoicing, because this is definitely the healthiest 11 days of my life.

Day 12 (I think)

Still going strong

No issues with food - occasional nibbling on grapes as I cleaned them for the kids

Trying to ensure I have a bit of salt throughout the day to avoid cramping

Actually think the cramping is down to a change in exercise (putting more work on my weaker leg - I tore my Achilles years ago and that leg is still weaker)

BUT

Really missed a drink last night - it was cold - it was wet - I did a stack of housework and just felt like sitting down / wrapping myself up in a blanket and having a small brandy - my resolve ? - hit the forum

No major aches / pains / mood swings - which is good

No major surge in energy - pity

But I think I am generally chattier / more up beat than usual  

Have a good day 

Zoe

Archived