Warning!!! A poo question!

trace1

I completed my first Whole 30 42 days ago but have pretty much kept compliant. When I started my daily movements were normal in consistency but about a week in they became loose. I did realize I was consuming too many nuts but really scaled back on those and I'm still have issues 42 days in. My daily diet consists of eggs, veggies, 1-2 pieces of fruit, meats (i.e chicken,pork, fish) coconut oil, olive oil, and some ghee for fat. I've loved everything else this program has done for me! My skin has cleared, i've lost weight and I'm loving the energy. I'm now concerned though that the loose stools are never going to get better.

Any insights are appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

what sorts of veggies are you eating, and in what quantities? Most people have a sort of sweet spot for fiber but it varies from person to person. Adding a little more cooked veggies (especially starchy ones) could help, or reducing the amount of raw veggies. If you want to post an example day we could comment, but based on "most people" I would guess adding a fist-size portion of cooked starchy veg every day at dinner will help.

I had the same problem!! I am not quite regular yet, but am on my way!! LOTS of water I hope!! You didn't mention it ... But I added a sweet potato or butternut squash almost every day and it really helped. It seems like you need starchy veggies. Plus the sweet potato keeps cravings at bay for me too! ;-)

Thanks! I drink lots of water and my main veggies are broccoli, cauliflower, sweet peppers and carrots but I will try adding more starchy veggies in. I just love this program too much and all the other great things it has done for me to let it go! :)

• Administrators

Thanks! I drink lots of water and my main veggies are broccoli, cauliflower, sweet peppers and carrots but I will try adding more starchy veggies in. I just love this program too much and all the other great things it has done for me to let it go! :)

Brocoli and cauliflower are notorious loose-stool causers. ;)

Archived