Day 19 (March 14)

I haven't posted in a while - I'm still on board! I had a severe bout with diarrhea, and decided my damaged gut needed to go on the GAPS diet intro asap, so I have been eating only broth, boiled meats and vegs for the past few days. I did have a successful dinner out with friends several days ago at Bonefish Grill - I drank Pelligrino (sparkling water) while they had cocktails and ordered the rainbow trout with steamed broccoli. It was delicious!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 27 (March 22)

I am still officially on the Whole30, but I don't feel like celebrating nearing the end of my 30 days. For the past 10 days I have been unable to eat most foods on the plan - raw or lightly cooked veggies and fruits give me fits of diarrhea. I am slowly adding very easy to digest foods focusing on broth, meats, and boiled veggies. So, instead of the end, I am at the beginning of what may be a year or more of healing. I believe I must have either Celiac disease, IBS, or Crohn's - I plan to make a doctor's appointment so I can verify. Meanwhile, following the Specific Carbohydrate Diet.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived