Can't stay off the scale!

I am well past 30 days (more like 45) I feel great, I feel like my clothes fit better but I am still haunted by that number on the scale. It will not move past the initial 7 lbs I lost very early on. I stopped snacking on nuts and working out at least 4 times in the week. I need some re-enforcement to stop getting on the scale. I would like to loose about 6 more lbs.

See today's Whole9 post:

http://whole9life.com/2012/08/new-health-scale/

It is so much more important to focus on how you feel than on what the scale says. So many things can influence the number from the scale, from working out to PMS to stress to a little more salt to inflammation -- it is normal to fluctuate 1-3 pounds at any given weigh-in --and sometimes more! The more you obsess about that number, the more unhealthy your outlook and your relationship to your body becomes. Focus on the positives that you are feeling now -- and keep eating well every day!

I agree, the more you obsess the more unhealthy your relationship with food and your body becomes.

Besides, who cares really? Are you wearing a sign around your neck with a number on it that everyone can see? Are you embarassed? Where did you get the number from? Is that what you weighed once when your pants fit? Your pants fit now!!! Is that what some other person weighs that you want to look like? Get over it!!

Good luck :)

Roseann

How about letting go of the end vision of what the scale weight should be. Forget about the 6 Lbs target you posted at the end of your post. This is only going to re-enforce the attraction to the scale. Set a new goal/target for Roseann (not scale dependent) like having a pair of goal jeans, being able to do 25 sit-ups or being able to walk up 3 flights of stairs without getting winded. These are achievement based goals. Scale weight is a poor measure of success and health.

Set a goal/target that is a real measure of what you want to be, what you want to be able to do. Take a few minutes tonight and really think about what you want for a new you. If the scale is 10 Lbs less and you feel crappy or are less healthy, I doubt you will be truly happy. Set meaningful targets for meaningful results!

Good luck... and get rid of that scale!!!

Cheers

DJ

How about the opposite... allow yourself to weigh yourself but with consequences. I know someone that has a peanut butter addiction. She will allow herself a spoonful of peanut butter, but only after she has licked the kitchen floor for three seconds. Needless to say, she does not eat much peanut butter these days. This is extreme, but it does re-enforce the fact that peanut butter, like scales, are an option/choice.

Maybe your "kitchen floor" should be Start over you W30. The rules state now weighing. Therefore, you can only use the weight scale if you commit to re-starting every time. This penalty will provide a consequence to your action (beyond emotional turmoil). Or, you could just lick the kitchen floor!!! LOL.

Cheers

DJ

Archived