How about a Whole9 Challenge?

krosario

So June is almost coming to a close - is everyone all played out??

I have some friends coming to stay this weekend, one of whom has never been to Ireland - we'll be doing a bit of sight-seeing, a bit of shopping, and a bit of socializing as is the Irish way... ;) 

This weekend I can pretty much guarantee fun & play whatever the weather!!  :D

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, this whole month has been a bit negative on the fun, mom still having some issues, back to the heart Dr. tomorrow. Did have the grandkids fri thru today. we had some fun and play. Fri during a lull in the rain we went to the local park and played on the playground equipment. It was all fun and games til my grandson got a bit toooo determined to finish the balance bars and knocked granddaughter off into a puddle, too close for comfort to a main support post... Needless to say we all were upset, Calista at being knocked off into a puddle, me in how close she came to actually getting hurt and Jericho's lack of concern for her safety and his rudeness in  knocking her off even tho he said he didn't mean to, and him that I ended our time at the playground. Back home we came and they played out side riding their trikes and played with a remote control dump truck and in the sand box while I played with flower seeds and edged the front walk for the first time in 17 years... Didn't realize the side walk was that wide... Didn't make it to the park with the swinging bridge... Too much rain, with flooding and flash flooding we have been having I suspect it isn't accessible right now...Managed to get some fun and play in, but not as much as I wanted... Looking for more sun, but the forecast isn't very promising for the next several days... Maybe stress management should have come before fun and play....

Sorry to hear that CQ - at least there were moments of fun & play which is better than none at all. Hopefully tomorrow's appt with the heart Dr will bring some positive news.

Much of June didn't incorporate *just* as much fun and play as I'd have liked due to poor weather and lack of time. Watching GoT with my eldest son is usually one of our 'fun' elements, but with the season finale leaving us both emotionally exhausted that didn't quite work out as planned either...

My weekend however went as well as expected - I did a little off-roading (alcohol, sugar & SWYPO paleo cake) but still managed to make good food choices around that rather than wanting to eat ALL THE THINGS, and when all was said and done I got straight back to template yesterday morning and will stay that way until my vacation mid July. 

We did a good bit of sight-seeing, walking, retail therapy, listened to some live music, chatting, laughing, eating & drinking and I came home feeling very relaxed & very ready for my own bed.

I've two weeks of hard work ahead, and then a two week vacation on the coast which will be perfect for stress management.

He put mom in the hospital. Her lab work was whacky and she has some fluid on her lungs. Called in a lung doc for that, he's wanting to do a sleep study on her. July stress management is definitely needed! I really did enjoy having my little ones here with me for 3 days! Just having them are fun and play and so much love!

so what are everyone's stress management plans? My #1 priority is to get my home back in order. I have struggled with depression for half my life. Finding Whole9/30 has been the ticket to finding the rainbow and for the first time I believe I will find the pot o' gold at the end. Needless to say, thru the years I have collected a bit too much stuff and it is affecting my peace and happiness. I live in a small house, a little under 1000 sf and that is including the enclosed porch. I hate the disorganization of it and until I get it fixed I'll never get off this merry-go-round. I hate disorganization and yet I live in it. I'm taking this month and making giant progress on letting go of the crap. So, not only will I be moving things out of my physical home, but the mental and emotional one too. Was reading a magazine on getting organized and something clicked. Take each room and look at it and ask what do I want from it?

I am also going to study up on feng shui ?sp. A couple of months ago, I rearranged my bedroom more feng shui and It is kind cool how it just seems more peaceful in there even tho it isn't 100% where I want it to be. Everything has to pass the do I love it, does this bring me peace or stress me out test. Is it of any value? What has it done for the past year or have I used it in a year?

I've been reading a book on procrastination, I have a problem with that. It is helping me understand the why I do it and has exercises to help break the cycle.

Monday, I am making an appointment for a full body massage.

I will do yoga 3 days a week.

I will continue with keeping, incorporating and improving my nutrition, sleep, healthy movement, and fun & play.

My stress management starts the minute I lock my office door on Friday. I'm off work for two weeks and taking my boys right down to the southern tip of the island and chilling out.... I'll incorporate nutrition, sleep, healthy movement, and fun & play, and I'll off road a little in my own inimitable style - Gin & SWYPO.

When we get back I'm going to do something similar to you Denise - I'm going to do a wardrobe clear out for myself & the boys. My eldest is a bean pole, my youngest is pure muscle & I've been hanging on to the eldest's old clothes thinking the youngest could get some wear out of them. But other than t-shirts that get pretty washed out anyway it's not really happening so it's time to let go and donate them to charity. I've also accumulated a lot of clothes myself over the years and really I don't need/wear the half of them. Some of it has got to go, along with the memories they hold.... It'll be cathartic for sure.

Tidy house = Tidy mind.

My internet acccess is spotty lately but that just means less electronic distractions that might interfere with stress management, right? :)

I need to re-start my a.m. meditations sessions --- I enjoyed the streak I had earlier this spring.

One more day left at the office & then I'll be free to de-stress for two whole weeks.....!!

This elbow injury of mine didn't improve after the cortisone injection nad has been getting fairly rapidly worse, and since I have (foolishly) kept on training & trying to take the weight on my right arm I've now suffered a strain to the wrist there. Spoke with a sports injury therapost at the gym this morning and she has told me what to strictly avoid, given me a telling off (yeah, well she did spot me dead lifting this morning  :wacko:  :P ) and given me some exercises to do over the next few weeks, then I'm booked in to feel the wrath of her very soft but oh so strong hands on my return,

No lifting tomorrow, just a pretty intense spin class then I'm done and it's full on rest for me - well, apart from the odd hike.

Tomorrow I will be mostly preparing a Tender (who seriously makes a tender return date the day the whole industry shuts down for summer break??) screening phone calls, and counting the minutes til hometime!!

so what are everyone's stress management plans? My #1 priority is to get my home back in order. I have struggled with depression for half my life. Finding Whole9/30 has been the ticket to finding the rainbow and for the first time I believe I will find the pot o' gold at the end. Needless to say, thru the years I have collected a bit too much stuff and it is affecting my peace and happiness. I live in a small house, a little under 1000 sf and that is including the enclosed porch. I hate the disorganization of it and until I get it fixed I'll never get off this merry-go-round. I hate disorganization and yet I live in it. I'm taking this month and making giant progress on letting go of the crap. So, not only will I be moving things out of my physical home, but the mental and emotional one too. Was reading a magazine on getting organized and something clicked. Take each room and look at it and ask what do I want from it?

I am also going to study up on feng shui ?sp. A couple of months ago, I rearranged my bedroom more feng shui and It is kind cool how it just seems more peaceful in there even tho it isn't 100% where I want it to be. Everything has to pass the do I love it, does this bring me peace or stress me out test. Is it of any value? What has it done for the past year or have I used it in a year?

I've been reading a book on procrastination, I have a problem with that. It is helping me understand the why I do it and has exercises to help break the cycle.

Monday, I am making an appointment for a full body massage.

I will do yoga 3 days a week.

I will continue with keeping, incorporating and improving my nutrition, sleep, healthy movement, and fun & play.

Hi cottagequeen:  My stress management plan includes: coloring....actually I will be coloring by numbers as I am too scattered brained to just color normally. Its due to STREESED.  I am also going to remember that STREESED is just DESEERTS spelled backwards.   :P

Besides that, I will be listening to music (upbeat music to help me feel positive/softer music to ease tension).  I will be practicing my breathing techniques (5 breaths in, hold for 2 seconds, 5 breaths out)  I will repeat the mantas either:  "Just For Today"  "One Day At  A Time" "Easy Does It" etc.  I will work on staying on "my side of the street".  What I mean is that I will be working on staying out of other people's business and putting my "two cents" in when no one has asked me.... 

I will "Take a Moment" if things are super bad..... This means that I will stop and ask my Higher Power, whom I call God, for guidance on what to do....

I've come to the realization that that "Few of us know what we really what and none of us know whats best for us.".....

WHOLE 9 on everyone..................

Hi cottagequeen:  My stress management plan includes: coloring....actually I will be coloring by numbers as I am too scattered brained to just color normally. Its due to STREESED.  I am also going to remember that STREESED is just DESEERTS spelled backwards.   :P

Besides that, I will be listening to music (upbeat music to help me feel positive/softer music to ease tension).  I will be practicing my breathing techniques (5 breaths in, hold for 2 seconds, 5 breaths out)  I will repeat the mantas either:  "Just For Today"  "One Day At  A Time" "Easy Does It" etc.  I will work on staying on "my side of the street".  What I mean is that I will be working on staying out of other people's business and putting my "two cents" in when no one has asked me.... 

I will "Take a Moment" if things are super bad..... This means that I will stop and ask my Higher Power, whom I call God, for guidance on what to do....

I've come to the realization that that "Few of us know what we really what and none of us know whats best for us.".....

WHOLE 9 on everyone..................

oohh, I like this! Coloring! Yes! One of my fav music to listen to is Yanni. "Out of Silence" picks me up and gets me moving and "In My Time" for relaxation. Play "In My Time" for the grandkiddos at bedtime when they spend the night.

"Few of us know what we really want and none of us know whats best for us."..... <3 <3 <3 this!

oohh, I like this! Coloring! Yes! One of my fav music to listen to is Yanni. "Out of Silence" picks me up and gets me moving and "In My Time" for relaxation. Play "In My Time" for the grandkiddos at bedtime when they spend the night.

"Few of us know what we really want and none of us know whats best for us."..... <3 <3 <3 this!

Yes! I like this too! I've seen these adult colouring books on Amazon and keep meaning to order one - I could always pinch one off the youngest son who LOVES colouring in.

I've a bit of a stressful situation ahead today. We're on vacation, it's raining, and we're headed to an Aquadome. I can swim fine and if it's a quiet lap pool I enjoyit, but I hate crowds of excited, screaming  kids. I can cope perfectly well in lycra at the gym, but put me in a swimsuit in a large crowd and I feel vulnerable. I hate the damp smell of the changing rooms & that 'not quite dry yet' feeling when you get changed. My kids love swimming though, and especially somewhere like this with the flumes & waves etc... I avoid anything like this like the plague when I'm at home (we have an aquadome about 30ins away) but we're on holiday and it's all about the kids having fun. Deep, calming breaths en route & the wonderful thought that once it's done it's done - until next time!!

jmcbn, try to focus on the joy your kids will be having. The excitement on their faces. See if you can come at it from a different perspective. If you are unsure of the root to your difficulty of it, maybe a meditation prior to going to find the root of your discomfort and Face Everything And Rise above it. Sending prayers for a good outcome!

jmcbn, try to focus on the joy your kids will be having. The excitement on their faces. See if you can come at it from a different perspective. If you are unsure of the root to your difficulty of it, maybe a meditation prior to going to find the root of your discomfort and Face Everything And Rise above it. Sending prayers for a good outcome!

Thanks CQ - done & dusted now..... I think it's something to dow ith the noise. As soon as we walked in the noise levels went up a few notches and I felt the stress levels rising, then trying to find somewhere to change, combined with the smell of damp clothing & chlorine everywhere - bleurgh..... Was fine once I was in the water and we all had a good time in spite of the crowds - even my eldest was rolling his eyes at the hoardes of squealing kids  in the rapids!!! Long queues for the flumes with too many people invading my personal space (no, it is NOT acceptable for your wet arm to touch my wet arm if you are not my child!!) but they got the adrenaline pumping once you got to the top of the queue. We had a nice relaxing picnic once we were done & set off for some culture in the Caves.....

Today will be stress-free. We plan on taking the roads less travelled & stopping off anywhere it looks interesting along the way - there looks to be lots of stone forts & castle ruins to explore, and all day to do it. This is more my bag.

went to Meijers after work last night to get my groceries. Spent almost $200 on mostly veg and frozen fish. They had their sustainably caught fish on sale. Got cod, salmon and ocean perch. They were also having a $1 sale on some things some things I wanted were sold out, but did get quite a few bags of frozen veg which comes in handy for M's on the days I work. They are gearing up for school here and found 24 count boxes of crayola crayons for $0.50 a box. bought 3 one for me, and one for each of my grand kids. Of course, I had to find me a coloring book. Not much too choose from. Ended up with  a Disney pets palace one that will most likely be shared with my granddaughter when she finds out I have it. I actually colored last night for the first time in I don't know when.

yes good sales is definitely good stress management! Hit the farmers market in Bluffton this am and got a huge head of cabbage to make some kraut with, some really nice green beans, and some nice pickling cukes. Also got a live patchouli plant and some home made soaps and bug repellant. Need that bug repellant just to step out the door and get in my car! :o

Well, 99.9% of it was in the lines... :D

Archived