How about a Whole9 Challenge?

krosario

Sooooo, August is going okay for me socially-wise. I had the night out at the start, and have fund myself in a number of situations where I'd normally have felt uncomfortable but have pushed myself and dealt with them in a sociable way - the most recent being Quality & Environmental Audit of the business I work for last Friday where I had three guys I'd never met before in my office with me from 9-5:30 and actually managed to quite comfortably make small talk that wasn't about the business - I even took them out to lunch!

Last weekend my boys and I met up with my parents & some friends for a quick afternoon drink & a chat, and I went ahead and booked a little 3 day road trip which, granted, isn't happening until October, but it's a sociable occasion nonetheless!

I'm known in my gym as a bit of an ice maiden (ok, so not JUST in the gym LOL), but I've been making a concerted effort to make eye contact, and chat with some of the more familiar faces - and at circuits this morning I didn't end up being on the blokes team, a few of the females actually asked me to join them. For me this is huge.

This weekend I'll be getting all sociable with the guy at the MOT centre where I'm having my car tested for road worthiness - then it's a bit of retail therapy in the form of school shoe shopping. I'll try to keep smiling!!

In other news my sleep continues to improve. I'm wakening once a night now - pretty much two hours on the button after falling asleep (regardless of what time I go to bed), quick trip to the loo when I waken - a life time habit, and then that's me until my alarm goes off in the morning - or often just before it.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have had several social occasions this month.  A family reunion a few weeks ago and last night a back to school party where I work.  Both were very nice with lots of good connections and conversation. Next weekend I'm going to a make over party my daughter-in-law-to-be is hosting.  That will be the most interesting as I feel much more unease in a group of women. Wish me luck!

That will be the most interesting as I feel much more unease in a group of women. Wish me luck!

^This!!! Which is exactly why I gravitate towards training with the guys at the gym - not that I'm complaining!! I just don't do fluffy bunnies, flawless foundation & small talk..... :wacko:  But I can squat more than my own body weight!  :D

^This!!! Which is exactly why I gravitate towards training with the guys dance-with-me-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?at the gym - not that

I'm complaining!! I just don't do fluffy bunniesballerina-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?1292,    flawless foundationdrama-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?12927937  & small

talk..... looser-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?1292793 But I can squat more than my own body weight! yesss-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?12927937

Sooooo, August is going okay for me socially-wise. I had the night out at the start, and have fund myself in a number of situations where I'd normally have felt uncomfortable but have pushed myself and dealt with them in a sociable way - the most recent being Quality & Environmental Audit of the business I work for last Friday where I had three guys I'd never met before in my office with me from 9-5:30 and actually managed to quite comfortably make small talk that wasn't about the business - I even took them out to lunch! pheew-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?12927937

Last weekend my boys and I met up with my parents & some friends for a quick afternoon drink & a chat, and I went ahead and booked a little 3 day road trip which, granted, isn't happening until October, but it's a sociable occasion nonetheless!

I'm known in my gym as a bit of an ice maiden patpat-dance-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?1  (ok, so not JUST in the gym LOL), but I've been making a concerted effort to make eye contact, and chat with some of the more familiar faces - and at circuits this morning I didn't end up being on the blokes team, a few of the females actually asked me to join them. For me this is huge.

This weekend I'll be getting all sociable with the guy at the MOT centre where I'm having my car tested for road worthiness - then it's a bit of retail therapy in the form of school shoe shopping. I'll try to keep smiling!!

In other news my sleep continues to improve. sigh-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?129279377 I'm wakening once a night now  - pretty much two hours on the button after falling asleep sleeping-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?12927(regardless of what time I go to bed), quick trip to the loo when I waken - a life time habit, and then that's me until my alarm goes off in the morning - or often just before it.

snack-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?12927937

I like jibberjabber, blathering on and foaming at the mouth.   nah-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?1292793775I have few social opps because I am a hick chick from the sticks.  No GPS coordinates or email addys. dunno-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?12927937  Soooo,  I lurve this forum.  I do engage everyone at the grocery store and help lost people at the gas station. magic-left-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?129

I had a unique "socialization" experience this weekend: my first Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu competition! I only have a couple months experience, but figured it would be fun. Had a great time and it definitely made me want to do more in the future. Lots of cool people and good energy all 'round.

Had several social events this month, dinner with my kiddo's, a couple of evening chat visits with some friends and 4 day church convention. I am a loner when it comes to my physical activity. Every time I have tried a group thing, everyone fades out, so I do my thing and then I am not disappointed. Visited a bit with my next door neighbor while out mowing my yard this evening, found out I work with his granddaughter. She recently started working where I do.

Time to embrace the natural environment, folks!

We’re also adding Natural Environment to our 9 Factors. This isn’t just about getting vitamin D3 from the sun—although getting outside in the sunshine certainly can help to boost the level of this critical hormone. What researchers are now starting to understand, however, is that being outside in our natural environment (“green spaces“) has far-reaching, powerful benefits far beyond vitamin D.

http://whole9life.com/2013/01/whole9-our-9-factors/

This will be a great month to do it, sort of the "last hurrah" of summer before autumn (although, autumn is my favorite season).

I'll be doing some camping for sure, and in the spirit of this Whole9 challenge I'll add in some extra hiking as well. I'm spending time in both San Diego and the Black Hills of Wyoming this month, so there will be lots of opportunities for outdoor recreation.

I'll be going to an Oyster Festival this weekend - there's a Castle & a small estate with a lake in the same village so we'll take a hike round there once we've indulged in some good fayre.

September tends to be quite a good month here weather wise so we'll make the most of our National Trust membership and get out in our natural environment at some point every weekend. We're right on the coast too, so to me that's always been my natural environment - I love the sound of the sea....

One of the things I miss about where I used to live. There was a beautiful State park a 10 minute drive away so spent many a weekend there. There are a few local places that are ok, so I take what I can get. Just getting out in my yard and putting my hands in the dirt is soul lifting for me. Autumn is an excellent time for planting perennials/shrubs and trees and you can get them on sale. A great benefit....

So, I know it's only just September, but thinking ahead to October & Personal Growth I've just signed up for my Child Nutrition Course starting in October and I'm a little bit excited!!

I've a few more modules of my Sports Nutrition to complete (for which I blame summer/Whole30 forums/lack of motivation/too much technical data) and then with Child Nutrition under my belt along with the foundation course I already did I can finally move on to Advanced.....!!

:)

Hello Everyone:

So, socialization month was a pretty good one for me "I broke out of my shell" even though I got super sick the last week of the month....

Summarization is as follows:  

August 1st:  Arena Football game 

August 8th:  Arena Football game 

August 9th:  Worked out with my old boss and then ate brunch together.  It was an all day event.

August 22nd:  Universal Studios adventure with a co-worker....then a late night dinner... Was super fun.  Celebrated my birthday, passing the CQIA (certified Quality Improvement Associate) exam and my co-worker getting axed from her second job.  (Her idea).

Each week on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday night I attended a few self-help meet up groups. 

Started feeling really under the weather on Wednesday 8/26.  Cancelled both of my work-out sessions on Friday and slept in on Saturday ;however had a "Girls Day" planned with a friend so I drugged myself out of the bowels of the bed and went out with my friend for a Mani/Pedi, a movie "went and saw No Escape" and then dinner with her and her husband.

Just now feeling better.  Been sleeping an awful lot, trying to get over whatever bad bug I had come down with.

All in all, I would say that I conquered the socialization Whole9 challenge...

Now on to September's Whole9 challenge...

Whole9 challenge on EVERYONE!!!!!

Time to embrace the natural environment, folks!

http://whole9life.com/2013/01/whole9-our-9-factors/

This will be a great month to do it, sort of the "last hurrah" of summer before autumn (although, autumn is my favorite season).

I'll be doing some camping for sure, and in the spirit of this Whole9 challenge I'll add in some extra hiking as well. I'm spending time in both San Diego and the Black Hills of Wyoming this month, so there will be lots of opportunities for outdoor recreation.

True True Kirkor.. "last hurrah" of summer........Hiking sounds like fun.  Too bad I live in "flat land country".  Enjoy...

September is a great month here.  Lots of sunshine and warm but not too hot.  It's time to clean out my flower beds and tuck somethings in for their winter nap and plant some pansies and mums. I love that Autumn is coming it's my favorite season.

• 2 weeks later...

So as I mentioned, I'm up in Wyoming for a few weeks. Good news is that I've been riding my bike a lot in this nice fall weather; it's a "dual sport" meaning I can take it on the highway or trails, and so it's perfect for this area. Lots of outdoor opportunities.

Bad news is that I don't have internet at the house so I can't get online as frequently. But heck I should be outside anyway, right? B-)

Well, September hasn't been quite the Indian summer type weather we usually get here so I haven't been as out-doorsy as I'd have liked, although I did go out for a nice walk with my folks last night which ended at the local bowling club (the traditional Lawn Bowling kind, not Ten Pin!!) where we had a cool drink in the evening sun and watched the members do their thing....

Today is the Moscow State Circus which again isn't as outdoorsy as I'd like, but it's in a huge tent, so it's practically camping, right?  ;)  :D

Moscow State Circus - Awesomesocks as my first born used to say!! Those guys are FIT and the speed & precision at which they tumble is just incredible to watch.... and the tightrope walking (& jumping & cartwheeling & splits & ballet, etc etc)..... and the Aerial silk dancing..... it made me wish I'd never given up gymnastics, and it most definitely inspired my youngest who is currently training 5 days a week at his club...

So it wasn't time spent in our natural environment, but it was mostly certainly natural movement at its very best.

It's a shame the food on offer was far from natural in any way shape or form!! <shudder>

So as I mentioned, I'm up in Wyoming for a few weeks. Good news is that I've been riding my bike a lot in this nice fall weather; it's a "dual sport" meaning I can take it on the highway or trails, and so it's perfect for this area. Lots of outdoor opportunities.

Bad news is that I don't have internet at the house so I can't get online as frequently. But heck I should be outside anyway, right? B-)

Yelpers... Outside, outside, outside...   :D

Archived