How about a Whole9 Challenge?

krosario

Ok LucieB but if you start the thread you better not pull a krosario (OP of this thread) and fall off the map!!

Ditto to kirkor's take-away...

I'm in too but will be one day behind...Will Start Whole30 on Jan 2nd....I have PLANS for Jan 1.....  :P

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in also - I may or may not do a January Whole30 - I'm undecided - I'm completely comfortable with my eating habits on a daily basis, but I know, & have actively planned, to do a little off-roading over Christmas so I may feel like I need a Whole30 come January. We'll see.

But I'm definitely up for continuing the Whole9 thing - it made a great impact on me last year. Some great, sustainable changes.....

I'm going to re-read the 2015 thread to pull ideas and goals. Would love to hear what others would like to get from a Whole9 too. 

Since we did March - November last time, and this will be January - September, feel free to switch up the order of stuff ... I guess for a January Whole30 that can be "Nutrition" ...

February might be good to have as "Personal Growth" to see if people are staying on track with any New Year's resolutions they may have made.

Claws -- there's 31 days in January so starting Jan 2nd is still a Whole30 in January!  :D

kirkor -- I like the Personal Growth in February, also thinking about putting a dedicated month of Reintroductions and/or Habit Forming month there too. 

January Nutrition Whole 30 February Focused Re-introductions and Firming up New Eating Habits March Sleep April Healthy Movement May Fun & Play June Stress Management July Socialization August Natural Environment September Personal Growth October Temperance November [repeat a month you want more work on?] December [holiday prep?] [bring the year together?}

I'm open to suggestions about rescheduling the monthy focus fit seasons and annual events. 

January Nutrition Whole 30 February Focused Re-introductions and Firming up New Eating Habits March Sleep April Healthy Movement May Fun & Play June Stress Management July Socialization August Natural Environment September Personal Growth October Temperance November [repeat a month you want more work on?] December [holiday prep?] [bring the year together?}

I'm open to suggestions about rescheduling the monthy focus fit seasons and annual events. 

I'd just want January to be Whole 30 and Nutrition (i.e. not everyone will be doing a Whole30 in January (one was plenty for me and I've got all I can handle with Reintroductions). 

What are the monthly focus fit thingies?

Claws -- there's 31 days in January so starting Jan 2nd is still a Whole30 in January!  :D

What are the monthly focus fit thingies?

You need to read that sentence as a whole ArtFossil - for instance, one of the topics is Natural Environment, so this should be done in a month where it's possible to spend time out of doors, ie. it should fit the season... :)

Whoa format fail after I hit Post! I'll try again. Then I'll quit hijacking the 2015 thread. 

January     Nutrition Whole 30

February   Focused Re-introductions and Firming up New Eating Habits

March       Sleep

April          Healthy Movement

May           Fun & Play

June          Stress Management

July           Socialization

August       Natural Environment

September Personal Growth

October      Temperance

November  [repeat a month you want more work on?]

December  [holiday prep?] [bring the year together?}

You need to read that sentence as a whole ArtFossil - for instance, one of the topics is Natural Environment, so this should be done in a month where it's possible to spend time out of doors, ie. it should fit the season... :)

LOL. I should have put in the "to." Instead, I was envisioning monthly Whole9 rituals!

Followed this thread a lot this fall, kinda jealous but also thinking ahead to 2016. Any Whole30ers looking to try this next year? I love the month-to-month focus aspect, would help me to focus on one of the 9 at at time instead of being overwhelmed and doing a what-the-heck quit. Start off with a January 1st Whole 30 and roll from there? 

Should I start a new thread? If there's interest, we'll start one! 

Oh LucieB, I was thinking the same thing! Count me in! I too want to start with a Whole30, Since my appendectomy in Oct, my body has gone wacky and needs a major reset!

Whoa format fail after I hit Post! I'll try again. Then I'll quit hijacking the 2015 thread. 

January     Nutrition Whole 30

February   Focused Re-introductions and Firming up New Eating Habits

March       Sleep

April          Healthy Movement

May           Fun & Play

June          Stress Management

July           Socialization

August       Natural Environment

September Personal Growth

October      Temperance

November  [repeat a month you want more work on?]

December  [holiday prep?] [bring the year together?}

maybe Feb could be personal growth, I think reintro and firming up eating habits could fall under personal growth, as often bad eating habits stem from personal/emotional issues. This would keep to the Whole9 format and any of us who choose to continue on with Whole60/90/etc would still fit in. Then OctNov could both be for things that need some fine tuning and Kirkor won't hyperventilate! :D  :P

maybe Feb could be personal growth, I think reintro and firming up eating habits could fall under personal growth, as often bad eating habits stem from personal/emotional issues. This would keep to the Whole9 format and any of us who choose to continue on with Whole60/90/etc would still fit in. Then OctNov could both be for things that need some fine tuning and Kirkor won't hyperventilate! :D  :P

What cottagequeen said. So newbies like me can see how these up track with the Whole9 website categories:

Jan: Nutrition & Whole30

Feb: Personal Growth - including Reintroductions & Healthy Eating Habits

Mar: Sleep

[OK, I moved Stress up because I don't associate it with June! But it can go anywhere.(sadly)]

April: Stress

May: Training & Healthy Movement

June: Natural Environment & Getting Outside [moved this one too]

July: Fun and Play

Aug: Socialization & Connecting with Others

Sep: Temperance

Oct: Refining and Reflecting- an additional synthesis, troubleshooting, etc.

Archived