How about a Whole9 Challenge?

krosario

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy with how things are going so far. Still rockin' the nutrition. Slow roll reintro is going well, conventional dairy (trialed raw dairy last year) and sour dough bread so far. Not sure where I want to go next. Thinking non gluten grains. Finally back to sleeping thru the night. Bedtimes are improving overall. Increasing healthy movement, 80° + weather has helped... Didn't get in as many hangs yesterday, but worked out in the yard, so got in squats, pushes and pulls. Got my 2 mile walk in yesterday after breakfast.

I love TGU's. Maybe not 100 of them....but they really do make everything work. And Grey Cook is the Man.

Rebe_J - I tried a number of times to 'like' your comment, but the system kept telling me an error had occurred - just so as you know I'm not ignoring you...!!

When things settle down I want to learn those...

oops, that was supposed to be posted on the dirty30 chore challenge... What happens when you are trying to multi task... Wondered where it went on the other thread...

revised: So how did everyone do yesterday?

Kirkor √

me √

kirkor √

I had a picnic in the afternoon so I made a point to hit the gym in the morning. Even got a 'lil walk in as well! Today I'll probably do a little walking and hopefully a session on the rebounder as well.

OK.. Workout done and I increased the volume a nice amount. I can feel my shoulders getting stronger. I do have a nagging pain in my right hamstring, so I'm going very light on deadlifts and KB swings.

I had a couple homemade sausage patties (very lean) between slices of sweet potato. Tasty!

Hope the yoga worked CQ....

I'm well into my old programme now and have (IIRC) the worst of the days out of the way - at least for the first round. I'm trying to make sure I also get out during my lunch-break to take in a lap of the block where I work. It finishes with a fairly steep incline so it gets the heart rate going and clears the head for the afternoon... Also making an effort on the weekends to get my boys out in the fresh air too we've an abundance of country parks & estates, forests and beaches close by so there's no shortage of nice routes to take - once we're into the summer we'll be tackling some more challenging routes slightly further afield as we go off on our usual day trips.

I'm on track with my KB workouts, even though I'm still modifying to favor my right hamstring. I'm making progress with volume on the upper body stuff. Today is a "rest" day, but we have a landscape contractor helping with some projects, so I'll be doing some push/pull/squat/carry moves.

I have some friends in town so went to the gym at 5:30 AM yesterday since I knew my afternoon & evening would be tight. Glad I did, felt like a boss because of it (I don't normally go in for morning workouts).

Everyone staying good on nutrition and hydration?

I love an early morning WO - it completely sets you up for the day. 

Nutrition is going great. Have reduced starchy veg a bit this week and it seems to be working out ok. Hydration is something I always need to work on. I'm fine if I have my water bottle on my desk, but if I forget it I probably don't drink as much as I should, and then by the time I get home I have that liquid curfew to try and get an uninterrupted sleep  :blink:

I'm fine if I have my water bottle on my desk, but if I forget it I probably don't drink as much as I should, and then by the time I get home I have that liquid curfew to try and get an uninterrupted sleep  :blink:

Ya that's been my issue this past month as well with a new work schedule.  I think I need to refine my goal from "3 Nalgenes per day" to "1 Nalgene every 4 hours".

Morning challengers! How's it going?

Me, still having a hard time getting to bed but, rockin the good night sleep! worked 12 hrs Thur and Fri. Thur. am woke up at 0345, an hour before I needed to but felt good. took the stairs a when I could and trotted up the ramps when I went that direction. By the end of work I was really sleepy. Still didn't get to bed before 2230. Fri. woke up with the alarm but felt well rested, Stopped by to see my mom on the way to the Dept to clock in. First thing out of her mouth was that I looked really good like I had slept well... :D:ph34r: Started out today, up at 0730, M1 down, trialing gluten free grains today. Off on my 2.2 mile run/walk(mostly walk, but increased my run 2 blocks over last time) also extended the total distance by about a half a block. Got soaking wet as it was drizzling rain the whole time and it felt awesome!

nutrition √

sleep  √

healthy movement  √

got my WD30 chores to do and my hangs/squats/lunges/ and who knows what else I'll be inspired to do!

Keep rockin' it!

Did a set of hangs/squats/lunges and housework, but not as productive as I wanted. The GFG's I was trialling definitely slowed me down, but that in itself was productive as now I know how they affect me and it is set in my head. They aren't worth it...

ok, worked a 13 hour day yesterday. Did some stair climbing, ramp running, some squats and lunges on break. Amazing thing is, it wasn't that long ago when I would have just vegetated on my break time! Recuperating from the GFG trial. Now I know and there will never be a question in my mind why I don't eat GFG. I don't eat them because they adversely affect my sleep, they stir up asthma like symptoms I used to have before Whole30, they drug my tiger blood!

As I said in the WD30 thread cottagequeen - bummer about the GFG, but at least you know, and since you've been seeing so many of the benefits of the Tiger Blood until now that can only be a good thing... Good for you doing the squats, lunges during your break - you're a machine woman!!

Things are good good here - my sleep is improving gradually, I'm getting in longer bouts of uninterrupted sleep, and I'm wakening pretty much every morning just before the alarm. I use the sleep cycle app which will activate the alarm during a 30min window - you can set the length of the window to the lebgth you like but 30mins works for me - but lately I'm rousing from sleep and the alarm is activating as I throw the quilt back to get up.

Healthy movement wise I'm onto my second round of the 14 day programme and actually really enjoying knowing what I have ahead of me each day - well, on week one anyways! Week two bores me a bit as there is a lot of rowing which has always been my nemesis - but what doesn't kill us makes us stronger right? Trying to decide what I'm going to do at the end of May when I've done with the programme. My current train of thought is to get a new 14 day one written up for me that I can work through for the next 6-8 weeks but I'm not sure - I'd definitely like some structure.

How are we all doing so far...?

Can't believe I'm back to my 100 TGU day!! Feeling a bit of a RSI in my left elbow so will maybe have to opt for a slightly lower weight than usual, but I'll see how I go.

Sleep-wise things are definitely improving. I seem to have gotten into the habit of wakening after three hrs for the loo, then sleeping right through til morning which is WAY better than before. Still wakening just before the alarm too. Now if I could finally manage to ditch that toilet break I'd be sorted.

Made a new wallpaper today ---

TpThz6c.jpg

I am currently into day 84 of a Whole90.  I started on March1st.  I've been following the group's month by month time line process, behind the "scenes" and wanted to jump on the bandwagon with you all for the remainder of the Whole9 Challenge.  I hope that's okay.

I must've started next month's "Fun & Play" focus a little bit early, because I've been a SLACKER on my "healthy movement"!  Had a couple different sets of friends in town over a couple weeks, which screwed up my mojo.  Been doing stuff here and there, so staying in the game, but not giving it 100% like I want to.

Let's finish the month strong, people!!

J4ikFmQ.jpg

Lucky you kirkor!

I'm at the 'OMW I f'ing *hate* rowing' stage of my 14 day programme with another session of it to do at silly o'clock tomorrow morning. I like the structure for sure, but I ain't ever gonna be taking part in the Oxford v Cambridge boat race that's for sure!!  :P 

Roll on June so I can have some fun - I'm thinking about brushing up on my trampolining skills for starters - lets hope the weather improves or I'll have to pay for an indoor trampoline park when I have a perfectly good one in my own back yard....!!!

For June's Fun and Play, I've penciled in on my calendar a trip to "Universal Studios".   I've lived in this state for almost 9 years and have never gone.   Always working working working.... What are some fun things others have on their minds to do during this "Fun and Play June month"?

well, it has taken the whole month to get into a routine. A bumpy ride thru this month, but the end is better than the beginning. Learned more about food's effect on me. Got the victory in some stressful situations and am developing a more active lifestyle. Progress! Thinking of some fun & play for next month. The first week I am on vaca, but will be spending most of that working on some home projects and mom sitting. Depending on how well she is getting around, maybe she and I can go do something special.

One of the things I want to do is go to this park a town over. It has a swinging bridge. Want to take the grand kiddo's. Sadly that will probably have to wait til the rainy season is over. Last time I went, there were some swampy places. Another thing I want to do is connect with a good friend about an hour away, we have been trying to get together for a while. She lives in Columbus. Might be fun for the 4th. Gotta run now, well, walk/run so far, but i'll get there! Keep it up! We're AWESOME!

Archived