Lea's 30 Day Victory

leaann5

When I started my journey I read a few of these sucess stories for inspiration, and my goal was to get through those 30 days myself, so I could write one of my own. Well, here I am!!!

I want to start this by saying that I'm 47 years old, 80 pounds overweight, a mom of three and this is the first food related goal that I've ever reached in my entire life, so I'm so stinking proud of myself!

I've accomplished a lot in my life, but when it came to what I put in my mouth, I fell short every time. The feeling of accomplishment that I have right now is amazing!

Along with that over the past 30 days I've

1. tried new foods and flavor combinations

2. mastered the art of homemade mayo and ghee

3. stepped outside my comfort zone and started yoga and zumba classes

4. worn some clothes I couldn't previously fit into

5. lost 1.25" off my bust., 3" off my ribcage, 2.5" off my waist, 3" off my stomach, 1.75" off my rear, 0.5 "off my thigh, .75" off my arm

6. felt less stress at work and home

7. had more clarity (even coworkers noticed it)

8. better sleep (I sleep through the night. No 2:00 a.m. waking)

9. less night sweats ( I just realized that this week)

10. great reduction in pms symptoms

11. have finally discovered what it feels like to be stronger than the box of donuts

I realize that some of my progress can also be attributed to the regular exercise I've been getting, but, it starts with food, right? I really feel like I've been fueling my body these last 30 days, not just feeding it.

My plan now is to stick with the template and keep eating clean. The next time my daughter makes chocolate chip cookies, I might have one...or not. My choice, right?

I'm going grocery shopping today, and while I'm out I'm buying myself a treat - a bright pink pair of yoga pants that I'm ready to rock!

I want to start this by saying that I'm 47 years old, 80 pounds overweight, a mom of three and this is the first food related goal that I've ever reached in my entire life, so I'm so stinking proud of myself!

Lea, congratulations! I loved your whole post, but the bit about being proud of yourself put a huge smile on my face. Well done! 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived