I saw one post where someone asked what there was to drink other than water, but I couldn't find it again, so I thought I'd post what I drink during the day.

(organic decaf) coffee with (homemade) coconut milk - in the morning

decaf tea (plain or with coconut milk - I really miss sugar in my tea!)

water

sparkling water - I love the slim cans of Perrier with grapefruit or lime flavor (no sweeteners), almost feels like soda

kombucha - only a little occasionally when I am missing my pre-dinner glass of wine :) (yes, I checked the label for added sugar)

broth

ginger tea - I make it with fresh ginger: slice it and boil for 30 minutes or so in a pot of water. Good hot or cold! Very refreshing and good for a troubled tummy. :D

Water

Herbal tea - favourites are fennel, ginger, lemon and ginger and a decaff cinnamon chai that I've found.

If I'm at café that does good coffee I'll have a decaff americano. I have drunk decaff coffee with homemade almond milk at home but it ticks a few too many treat boxes for me so not this round.

Sparkling/ soda water with a slice of lime with weekend dinner.

Broth

I saw one post where someone asked what there was to drink other than water, but I couldn't find it again, so I thought I'd post what I drink during the day.

(organic decaf) coffee with (homemade) coconut milk - in the morning

decaf tea (plain or with coconut milk - I really miss sugar in my tea!)

water

sparkling water - I love the slim cans of Perrier with grapefruit or lime flavor (no sweeteners), almost feels like soda

kombucha - only a little occasionally when I am missing my pre-dinner glass of wine :) (yes, I checked the label for added sugar)

broth

ginger tea - I make it with fresh ginger: slice it and boil for 30 minutes or so in a pot of water. Good hot or cold! Very refreshing and good for a troubled tummy. :D

Can you help me find a Kombucha I like.  I am trying them now but don't really want to go through the entire store until I find a good one.  I did not like the grapefruit sage.  I have the trilogy will try tonight.  Also how do you make your coconut milk for coffee or hot tea?

I don't think decaf is required - that is just what I drink. A moderator will probably answer that one. ;)

A couple of the kombucha flavors I like are Synergy's Gingerberry and GT's Gingeraide. They are available at Super Target now, and I am super excited about that! (I used to have to drive half-way around the world to Earth Fare to get kombucha.)

This is how I make my coconut milk:

I buy dry coconut flakes from Tropical Traditions (organic, nothing added, not too expensive)

1. Soak about 2 cups of coconut in water overnight: pour just enough hot water over it to cover it.

2. In the morning add some more hot water to warm it up and then put it in a blender and blend for 4 minutes.

3. Strain in through muslin (I use a large square cut from an almost-worn-out white pillowcase cause I didn't have any muslin) and squeeze out as much liquid as you can.

4. Store the coconut milk in a glass container in the fridge for up to 10 days. Fat will rise to the top and solidify, so you'll have to shake it before you use it.

5. You can use the leftover coconut for baking or whatever if you want.

Thanks for the article. I only have one cup in the morning. Don't get abuzz from the caffeine so I guess I could try decaf. I have been making the bullet proof coffee but making preparation for whole 30 I know I can swap grass fed butter for ghee but trying to come up with another alternative besides black.

Can you help me find a Kombucha I like.  I am trying them now but don't really want to go through the entire store until I find a good one.  I did not like the grapefruit sage.  I have the trilogy will try tonight.  Also how do you make your coconut milk for coffee or hot tea?

I tried GT's Lavender Botanic No. 3 and loved it!

I'm off coffee this time round (though weirdly it hadn't occurred to me at all that I could drink decaff!) so I have a whole tea schedule:

Black tea (AM only) - have some lovely lady gray with citrus flavourings; or green tea with blueberry leaves and pomegranate;

Herbal teas: rosehip, fennel, peppermint with nettle and ginseng after lunch, chamomile for bedtime

Afternoon and evening: spiced roiibos / earl gray roiibos

Love licorice tea but then read it shouldn't be drunk daily so I limit that to once a week now.

My locker at work smells like an old fashioned pharmacy (I imagine)! In a good way.

Also water, mainly hot or tepid because I don't like cold water in the winter. In the summer I got quite into drinking iced water with a squeeze of lime.

Coffee with homemade almond milk or coconut milk (blended, of course). A few cups of herbal tea per week (especially if it's cold outside). A can of coconut water post-workout if it's an intense one. One to two cups of kombucha per day (I've determined that's my magic number for tummy troubles). Bone broth - can't make it fast enough. 

Water, water and more water. 

I found a local kombucha brewer who makes a blue tea that is to DIE for. No added anything - just the tea and the stuff that makes it kombucha-y. Absolutely phenomenal. Not too sweet and very refreshing. 

My mantra used to be "afternoon chocolate, smoke and a coke." I haven't had a soda in over a year and I don't even miss it. 

Archived