Create healthy habits, not restrictions

Lulah

"Create healthy habits, not restrictions" ...that has been my mantra for the past 32 days. I began the program with no support from my family. I think that they expected me to fail and it made me defensive, which was difficult, but I think it actually helped me push forward with more determination. At first, they were inviting me to their take out dinner (exasperating), but now they are accepting my invitations to healthy, wholesome, and real dinners! 

I learned a lot about food and a lot about myself in 30 days.

• The food industry puts sugar in EVERYTHING. How rude. Don't they know I'm a recovering addict?
  • I love cooked carrots and cauli rice with coconut milk more than potato chips and french fries. 
  • I am a great cook! (When I follow a recipe  ;)
  • I can say "no" to the break room junk food. Even when my coworkers try to coerce me (yep, happened twice). 
  • There is always an excuse when I need one. When I really want something, I will stop using them. Bottom line.

Fine, yes, I also came here to boast about the victories a little...

• I lost 13 pounds, one inch from my waist, and got my BMI down to 24. 
  • My skin miraculously cleared up in the final week. What a fool I was spending money on new creams and washes for so long! Diet affects our whole body and skin is no exception. 
  • I sleep like a rock now. And it's awesome.  
  • I stopped having headaches and stomach aches (I didn't even realize that until I reintroduced beans yesterday and had one).
  • I haven't reached my ultimate goals and I'm not physically fit, but I suddenly feel strangely confident. I wore a bathing suit and didn't hide. I look in the mirror and smile. I am happy. I am optimistic. For the first time ever, I know that I can and will eventually reach those goals. 
One of the greatest victories is one that I share. My family has witnessed these changes and they are now showing some interest in eating better as well! 

Sharing my experience on this forum and hearing others' experiences was crucial to my success. Thank you all for the motivation and support! 

Cheers!

One of the greatest victories is one that I share. My family has witnessed these changes and they are now showing some interest in eating better as well! 

Probably my favorite one in your long list of successes! Congratulations!

Archived