Cottagequeen's CQI journey

cottagequeen

Ok, I have been thinking of keeping a journal of sorts, tho I have a hard time doing that, I've decided to attempt it here. A friend of mine who lives 2 states away stated they'd like to see my meal plans. I am currently on day 32 of a whole100. I'll start by posting yesterday and today's meals.

Yesterday:

M1: 2 lg/xl eggs with onion, about 1/4 c blueberries and #5 cast iron skillet full of mixed greens cooked in about 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil. Cup of coffee with 1 tsp coconut oil and coconut milk.

M2: Leftover pork chop and beets from Tues. this was cooked in about 3 tbsp coconut oil. I added some coconut to it for added fat.

M3 Taco salad( mixed greens, red onion, sweet pepper, from real scratch seasoned taco meat, avacado, fermented salsa.

Today:

M1: chopped onion, small hot pepper(chopped), lg baby bella sliced, about a cup of sliced zuke. salt, pepper, dash of grnd cardemom, double dash cumin, dash nutmeg, 3 m/l eggs beaten, sauteed onion and pepper in about a tbsp ea of coconut oil and homemade ghee. layered the shrooms and zukes on it poured in the eggs and then baked for a fritatta. Cup of coffee with about a tsp coconut oil and 1/3 c coconut milk added.

M2: is a salad of mixed greens, red onion, sweet red pepper, carrot, radish,sliced mushrooms, fresh mandarin orange slice and soy free tuna. Dressing will be a simple EVOO and a vinegar, usually balsamic. Glass of LaCroix berry mixed with GT's Trilogy kombucha.

M3: My own recipe, I'll call it Cajun Stew: 1 lb. ground meat, mix of pork and beef this time. sauteed white onion, can of fire roasted chopped tomatoes(Muir Glen) 7,5 oz pkg fresh okra sliced up, Compliant Cajun seasoning to taste. Topped it with avocado. Glass of Organic India Raspberry Peach tea with a squeeze of lemon.

Have a bit of a headache this evening. A sign for me that my hormones are still wacky yet. Generally have issues with them around this time of the month. I know that will improve as time goes by. Already I have quit having hot flashes. I always took an herbal for them, but the one I took is not whole30 compliant so haven't taken them for 32 days now. If I ran out before doing whole30, it wasn't long and they fired right up.

Off to a great start...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Set my alarm for 0700, woke at 0650. Awake and ready for the day. Felt a bit of headache lingering and a mild overall soreness. Have been reading thru the whole9 blogs from the beginning, read about pull ups and started to do the dead hang off and on thru out the day. I have an issue with my left shoulder, broke the left humerus bone near the shoulder when I was in the 6th grade. Hoping to strengthen the muscles in the shoulder cradle. It is going to be a slow process, but it will be worth it to get full range of motion back or at least full use without pain. My reward for finishing 30 days was 2 foam rollers and an appointment for Bowen work. It's been a good year or so since I've been. I am curious as to how quickly and strongly my body reacts since I am eating 100% better now.

M1: 2 lg eggs scrambled in coconut oil, skillet full of mixed greens and small hand of blueberries. Cup of coffee, tspish of coconut oil and coconut milk 1/3ish cup. I don't measure, just pour it in.

M2: Salad of mixed greens, tomato, mushrooms, red onion, avocado, 3 hard boiled(steamed) eggs and EVOO with White Balsamic vinegar and a glass of water with a twist of lime. Spent the afternoon at sis's house visiting and talking Whole30 with my mom and sis.

M3: OH MY, Duck breast, pan fried and baked sweet potato with coconut oil and cinnamon. That didn't quite satisfy me so added 2 hard boiled eggs about a 1/2 cup Wildbrine's Madras Curry & Cauliflower, a handful of garlic stuffed olive and 2 little mandarin oranges. I like mandarins, but all the canned ones at the grocery are in light syrup. Lucked up that they had bags of the unprocessed ones in produce. I don't think I'll ever buy canned ones again, well, only if in their own juice and the unprocessed ones aren't available.

was feeling a bit emotional, lonely or something and ended up eating a M4: 2 hard boiled eggs instead of asking myself if I would eat steamed fish and broccoli.

12 hr work day today.

0530, M1: 3 eggs scrambled with spinach and cube butternut squash cooked in duck fat. Cup of coffee with coconut oil and coconut milk.

3 eggs is more than I can hold, going back to 2 tomorrow.

water

1040, M2: salad with 3 hard boiled eggs peppers, red onion, tomato, radish, pecans, Alessi organic white Balsamic vinegar and EVOO. 2 Halo mandarin oranges and a La Croix cherry/lime. Well satisfied.

water

1700ish, called to do a PRN tx, afterward, the RN gave me a Ghiradella's ?sp. white choco mint candy she said to thank me. I told her thanks but I didn't eat candy's. She wouldn't take it back. Really weird, as I have worked with her a long time and in 17 yrs. never had that happen. Must have been a test, I passed. Had to go to another unit to take care of a couple of patients. Left it at the nurses station.  :ph34r:

water

2000ish, home and cook M3. Ground beef "stroganoff" sauteed onion, pablano pepper and mushroom in duck fat/ghee combo. Threw in the beef and cooked it up finely chopped up some cauliflower and match stick chopped some zucchini. Added this to pot with salt pepper, grnd mustard, dash of oregano, some basil, parlsey, and paprika. Then I poured about 1/4th can of coconut milk and simmered to thicken. Pretty tasty!

Well fed and way past time for me to go to bed. Not a work day tomorrow, but plenty to do.

BTW, yes, I do go that long between M2 & M3 when I work. no I don't get hungry. I noticed a few tummy grumbles on the drive home, but they weren't unbearable.

Later than I wanted getting to bed last night, but slept well and up and at it later than usually as of late.

water

M1: 3 eggs again this am (they were smaller than the others and was able to hold them all in my hand) cooked up some cubed butternut squashin duck fat and ghee. Just broke the 3 eggs over top and kinda mixed it in so had some yellow fully cook and some kinda dippy :D. Salt, pepper and some grnd cardemom. Yummy. My usual cuppa joe, coconut oil/milk added.

Gotta go and get-er-dun!

On the phone half the morning trying to get some stuff taken care for my brother.

I like the color difference for meals etc. people are doing, so going to do that too...

M2: salad with radish, onion, mushroom, tomato, pecans, blueberries,  EVOO and balsamic vinegar, spoonful of Wildbrine kimchi, 12 oz berry La Croix.

Went to see my brother and take him some things. Picked up a few things at the health food store and then to mom's to see if I could fix her printer. Dear mom, please don't pull the paper out before it is finished printing because it isn't printing like you want...SMH

water

M3: roast chicken breast, green beans, Wildbrine curry cauliflower, 2 mandarins.

Tonight is cat bath night...

Thanks, I try. This is my second go round. First time I did a whole60 back in April/May 2014. Spent a lot of time reading not only the book but  a large part of the "Can I have..." forum, blogs etc. Plus, I signed up for the daily email. I knew I needed help and I wanted to do it right... I can be a bit anal sometimes. :o

The mild nagging headache I have had off and on since 'Aunt Mennie' came for her monthly visit is gone. YAY! Hoping it won't show up next month when she comes around. Often in the past the headache comes on strong and hard, last for a day or 2 then goes away. This is the first time for it to be mild and linger for a week. Hoping that is a sign the hormones are balancing out.

Awoke this am t 0700 on the dot. Plans for today, make more butter from the raw cream I have and freeze it. Don't need it for ghee just yet. Work some more on my kitchen organization and stuff ridding out.

Read on the whole9 blog about pull ups. I can't do them so am building up to it. I am hoping it will help with the lingering stiffness I have in my left shoulder and it's ROM. I've been hanging from the pull up bar I installed quite some time ago. When I first started, I had to stand on my tippie toes due to tightness and mild pain in my shoulder. I can now stand flat footed and bend my knees a bit and stretch out the muscles in back and shoulder. The mild pain has decreased, not gone but definitely better. Bought some foam rollers for my reward of completing the first 30 days of this whole100. Pulling out the Gazelle and some videos to get in some exercise. Too cold to get outside right now. One day I'll be back to running/walking outdoors all year long like I used to do!

M1: chopped onion, chopped tomato, mixed greens sauteed with 2 lg/xl eggs fried on top. Cup of coffee w/ ghee/coconut oil/coconut milk

M3: Roast chicken leg and thigh, green beans(s&p, coconut oil/ghee combo, dulse flakes, gourmet pepper blend and garlic) baked sweet potato w/ cinnamon and ghee. Small glass GT's Synergy Gingerberry kombucha.

Need to take the rest of the chicken off the bone and get the bones ready for some broth. Need to find some room in the fridge for it and the green beans...

Here we go for a 12 hr work day.

Up @ 0450,

M1: 2 lg/xl eggs scrambled with onion, pablano pepper, shredded carrot, blueberries and zucchini. s&p, a little curry powder and sweet paprika. my cup of coffee.

I have to say, wasn't real impressed with this version of eggs. Shoulda used something besides the curry. It was ok, but the strong celery flavor I was getting just wasn't doing it for me.

ok, posting M2 & M3 then off to bed.

M2: leftover "cajun stew" and 2 mandarins, water.

M3: chicken broccoli stir fry. Made from leftover chicken breast. Stirfried onion, mushroom, chicken breast and broccoli in coconut oil. Seasoned with garlic, ginger, a dash or 2 of toasted sesame oil, coconut aminos, dulse, basil, a big splash fresh lemon juice, a big splash of rice vinegar, salt and white pepper. Cherry/lime La Croix

Besides all the walking and pushing of WOW(workstation on wheels) at work, did my flatfooted dead hang for 35 seconds.

Today is my extra hours at work, working 11am to 3 pm. had my alarm set for 0650, woke at 0600.

M1: chopped onion, mushrroms, left over green beans cooked in home made ghee with 3 m/l eggs cooked on top and turned in once, love the runny yoke. Tarragon, salt & pepper. Cup of coffee w/ coconut oil/ghee/coconut milk combo.

Been reading thru some of the crazy things people say thread, definitely funny and sad at the same time.

Now for some TMI: close your eyes if it's too much for ya... :Dso,  about an hour or so after eating breakfast, had to go have a BM. Wasn't a desperate urgent thing, but definite probably should go sooner than later. Stool was well formed and shapely greenish brown and easily passed. I don't always do this after eating...

Starting March, I am participating in the Whole9 challenge Krosario posted on Join Whole30 forum. March is nutrition, since I am in the process of a Whole100, my nutrition challenge is to look at how different compliant foods affect me, like AIP, FODMAP, etc. Will be posting more of this in my log to see if some common denominators pop up.

ok, did my 4 hrs, Took M2 and ate just before clocking in.

M2: salad w/ onion, mushroom, radish, pepper, tomato, mac nuts, chicken avocado oil and rice vinegar. Yummy

Ice water.

Had an appointment after work for a Bowen tx. Haven't had one in a long time. My other reward, for the second 30 days of the whole60 I did back in April/May.

Stopped by Planet Heath to look for sun butter, got some tuna & mac nut oil, but no compliant sun butter. Then home.

M3: 1/2 lb grnd beef w/ chopped shallots, broccoli, cashews, garlic, ginger, coconut aminos and rice vinegar. Baked sweet potato w/ cinnamon & ghee.

12 hr work day, and what a doozey it was!

0530 M1: 2 l/xl eggs scrambled with matchstick zucchini, kale, garlic and ginger.. cuppa coffee w/ ghee/coconut oil/c.milk.

water

1100 M2: green beans roast chicken breast, avocado, water

water

2030 M3: Roast chicken leg thigh, boiled potatoes... gingerberry kombucha/berry La Croix

and off to bed. 12 hrs tomorrow and a snow storm is coming.

0510: I was so tired, I forgot to put my salad I had made for lunch last night in the fridge. Thankfully, I hadn't added any perishables to it, just veggies. In the fridge now.

Signed up to get called off if today if they didn't need me. Not a guarantee to get it, depends on how many sign up, how many we need and how many are scheduled. Good news is I got the call that I should be free til 3p. :D I can handle 3p-7p. :ph34r:

water

M1: kale greens sauteed in coconut oil, 2 lg/xl eggs fried in it with Salt, pepper and ginger. Cuppa coconut/ghee coffee.

ok, so about an hour or so after this melt needed the bathroom. Again, not urgent get me there or there gonna be an explosion thing happening. Water mixed with well formed stool chunks, pretty much like last time.

I have been working on increasing my water consumption.

Getting called off til 3p is lovely...

M2: grnd beef cooked up with coconut oil, onion, cubanelle pepper, broccoli slaw, garlic, ginger, shallots, cinnamon, cayenne, mustard powder, allspice and ground cloves.

water.

getting called off for 3p-7p would be the avocado on the taco salad... :) Started to put icing on the cake and thought, nope, this is whole30 and besides, I never liked the icing on the cake anyway... unless it was cream cheese icing... :D Funny how we repeat old sayings that literally have no meaning or the opposite meaning when pertaining to ourselves.

had to go in at 3pm, no biggie.

water Cherry lime La Croix.

M3: leftover chicken breast reheated in my little convection oven, sugar snap peas cooked in ghee w. garlic and dulse, 2 mandarin oranges.

Back to work in am 0700-1100, and back home to shovel some snow and more decluttering...

got off at 1100, and was feeling hungry. Finished drinking what was left in my 20 oz water jug and refilled it before leaving work. Drank on it while I took care of some shopping. Happy to find Prosciutto at the grocery and on sale... Drinking the water killed the hunger. 

water 36 oz

M2: Salad, mixed lettuce, carrot, radish, mushroom, mandarin, coconut, cucumber, tuna, avocado, EVOO, rice vinegar.

12 oz Apple Berry LaCroix

Had a late M2 so a late M3. 

M3: Liver and onions and apple fennel salad changed the recipe a bit by subbing avocado oil for canola oil. That was the only non-compliant ingredient in the recipe.

Ok, so something did not agree with me after supper. I am thinking it was the apple/fennel salad. Major bloating. Better this morning, but still a little gassy. Apple and fennel are FODMAPs. So, as I have some left, I am thinking in a few days I am going to roast it and see if the cooked version still gives me the bloat.If so, then I may need to do a FODMAP whole30. BTW, this is the first time to eat fennel for me.

Whew, gas better, but still feel a bit gassy. Also noticed some mild chest inflammation. Water consumption was really good yesterday, above my target range...

12 oz water

M1: 2 l/xl eggs scrambled w/ onion, mushroom, green beans, s&p and tarragon. Coconut/ghee coffee

things are improving

12 oz half Trilogy kombucha half berry LaCroix and the rest of the LaCroix

M2: Roasted chicken breast, Prosciutto wrapped asparagus and mac nuts.

4 oz ginger kombucha

I really like re- roasted chicken breast, It gets a unami kinda dry caramelized taste to it. Need to thaw out more chicken. I really enjoyed that.

Archived