Cottagequeen's CQI journey

cottagequeen

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Water intake good today, well above my goal.

20 oz green tea/raspberry peach Tulsi

8 oz water

M2: salad w/ mixed lettuce, radish, cucumber, mushroom, blueberries, green onion, pecans, tuna, white balsamic and EVOO

20 0z water

8 oz water

24 oz water

M3: sauteed shallots, grated sweet potato seasoned with clove, allspice, dry mustard, cayenne, s&p, 2 lg eggs fried in it. can sardines in water to which I added mustard, 3 mandarin oranges, 1/4 c fermented cauliflower and some sliced black olives. 1 little Bubbies dill pickle and about 2 oz of the pickle juice. 

8 0z kombucha. Must be needin' the little probiotic critters...

G'night ya'll

ok, was way late getting to bed last night, around 0200. Spent the eve, night watching some movies. Wasn't tired, even at 0200, made myself go to bed. Up at around 0800.

12 oz water

M1: onion, collards, blackberries,(prefer blueberries, blackberries are just so much better picked right off the briar) 3 m/l eggs fried on top, runny yolks, My coconut/ghee coffee. 4 oz kombucha.

About an hour or so later, had loose stool. thinking it was from all the ferments I had last night. Have had the above combo before and it didn't lead to any issues.

M2: cooked up some hamburger with onion, mushroom, fire roasted tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning. Took some of the Fennel/apple salad and baked it. Put my sauce over the veg. It was ok, fed me and an experiment on how the combo of fennel and apples affected me after cooking them. They gave me some major bloat last time. 

Yep, crazy, but since I am only cooking for me I can try out some wild ideas and see how I like it. Because I can... :rolleyes:

20 oz water

12 oz water

M3: Chicken gizzards.... last time I ate them, I made up a Thai type soup and put them in it. This time. I sauteed some onion in coconut oil, added the cut up gizzards, seasoned with curry powder and garlic. Put in a half pint chicken broth. shredded up rest of sweet tater(it was a big one) from last night, threw that in and added some coconut milk. cooked that down to a thicker consistency. Then I took 2 slices of US Wellness Whole30 bacon(delivered today) chopped it up and fried it in some duck fat...Looking back, the only thing I would have done different was added some kale or something... Really good.

Learned a long time ago that boiling gizzards made them more tender. Used to make gizzards and dumplings for my ex. I guess I have always been a think outside the box kind of cook. Well, back then I used boxed Bisquick...

off to bed, tomorrow's a long day and an early start. Lavender Dreams everyone...

Here we go...

12 oz water.

M1: Sauteed onions and mushrooms in bacon/duck fat from yesterdays supper, collards, 2 lg eggs fried on top, coconut/ghee coffee.

20 oz water.

M2: veg salad with mac nuts and EVOO/balsamic dressing. USWM braunschweiger.

20 oz water

12 oz water

10 oz water

M3: hamburger patty with stone ground mustard, sugar snap peas w/ USWM whole30 bacon & ghee

ok, didn't update last night, too tired... And here I go waking up at 0415, I really wanted to sleep longer, but when the body says hey, I'm awake AND I need to go to the bathroom, how do you tell it to go back to sleep? Edited last post and add the rest of yesterdays meals.

10 oz water

Had M1: 2 pc USWM whole30 bacon, 2 lg eggs, leftover sweet potato/gizzard dish to which I added some kale. Cup of coconut/ghee coffee.

A lot I want to get done today.

20 oz water

M2: USWM Braunschweiger, added parsnips(peeled) to the last of apple fennel salad and roasted it. handful of olives.

Ended up feeling very bloated and have indigestion this evening. I am miserable...

8 oz Gingeraide Kombucha

M3: Sirloin steak and baked sweet potato no skin w/ ghee.

I feel horrible...going to bed.

No M1, M2, M3 to post today, only drinking as the bug has wiped me out with diarrhea. Need to stay hydrated and no appetite. Spent the day sleeping. If I feel like it later, may try a small M3.

gingeraide kombucha

LaCroix lemon

LaCroix berry

gingeraide kombucha

lavender/rose/chamomile tea over ice.

Happy to say that things are improving!

ginger kombucha

M1: I lg egg fried in coconut oil, green beans and squash sauteed in USWM bacon grease. Was a little slow going, but got it all but a bite of squash down.

berry LaCroix

berry kombucha

M2: steak and green bean carrot, green onion medley cooked in some beef broth and ghee.

cooking now and it smells delicious! YAY! :)

and it was, appetite is coming back. sigh.

M2: steak and sweet potato/squash I forgot at M1:

Apple Berry LaCroix

Took a nice walk and soaked up some sun,about 4 blocks.

M3: Slow Cooker Kalua Pig, everyone should make it. It is that good... Turnip greens w/ diced turnips and coconut oil.

Cherry Lime LaCroix

Saw some friends I haven't seen in about a month. Everyone was saying how good I looked. :D felt good,

Dead hang 1 minute, with 11 2 inch pull ups.

10 0z water

It's the start of 2 long days in a row... Not sure how much I'll post.

8 oz water

M1: Sauteed onion and broccoli in coconut oil 2 eggs scrambled in. Coconut coffee.

20 oz water

M2: Kalua pig, turnip greens w/turnips and coconut oil.

20 oz water

8 oz water.

12oz water

M3: Braunschweiger w/ mustard wrapped in cabbage, Wildbrine's cauliflower curry and whole avocado.

Berry LaCroix

I've dropped a size in work scrubs.... Glad I wear ones provided for me or this might get expensive. Actually ran up 2 flights of stairs and did NOT eat a single homemade cookie one of the nurses brought in. They did sing their siren song to me every time I went to the nursery....While they might have been a bit special, this nurse does bake them from scratch, but she also brings them in somewhat frequently....So NOT something that won't be a future opportunity...

poppin in for a sec, just so this doesn't get lost. Had a veeeerrrrryyyyy long day yesterday, Had salad with salmon and more for M2 and Carnita's (pico, hot salsa, lettuce, guac) from Chipotle for M3. Got the grocery shopping done and home by 2230.

Grand kiddos are here for the weekend. They are so easy to feed whole30 to. Gotta get to bed, they're already asleep and recharging for tomorrow...

Ok, I am not even going to try to remember my meals for the last 3 days. Other than my M3 on Sunday that I posted about on the Return of the Dirty thirty...

So, continuing today.

10 oz water

M1 spinach, butternut squash 3 eggs.2 piece compliant bacon. .

20 oz water

M2 Salad with variety veg, tuna, olives, cashews, blueberry kombucha/EVOO/balsamic vinegrette.

12 oz Cherry lime LaCroix

8 oz water

M3 3 piece bacon 4 eggs sweet potato ghee, 2 mandarins

8 oz ginger kombucha

I'm adding this here as part of my journal, a good reminder for me.

Funny story from yesterday...

My DIL was telling me about the dried coconut chips she gets at Aldi's.I went by there specifically to get some of their $1.49/lb asparagus and 89¢ avocado. Saw the bag of coconut chips and grabbed them. This is my narrative to her, "Nicole! I bought some of those coconut thingies from Aldi. Broke a little piece off a bit ago. Put it in my mouth and OH... MY... HOLY BATMAN! THESE ARE NOT JUST COCONUT! THERE"S SUGAR IN IT! SPIT IT OUT! SPIT IT OUT FAST! so I spit that little bit into the trash and spit.. and spit... and spit... then I went and brushed my teeth... BTW, They are coming to live with you....  :D  I do not want that tricked out coconut no way no how! Love ya!"

Always always always read labels. Yes the label says "contains coconut", nothing else. However, further down in smaller print, White print on a pastel blue background it actually lists the actual ingredients and Yes you guessed it, it wasn't JUST coconut! BTW white print on a pastel blue background is very hard to read for a grandma...

Ahhh these learning experiences this week for me have been quite comical. Really, I was on day 55, so technically I could have used it for a reintro of sugar, but my mind is set on a whole100 and am so glad that apparently my body is set for it too! :ph34r:

The really cool thing is it was such an innate reaction! Just like touching something hot your body automatically repels from it. I am happy to say that it hasn't triggered any sugar dragons either. Yesterday at work one of my coworkers brought in a mega box of Oreo's. I noticed them when I was in the department, people eating them, in their automated sugar dragon mode... It didn't bother me, more like watching some interesting event taking place, while fascinating, you are content to be on the sidelines watching... One thought I do remember having at one point was, "I can remember when I would have done the same thing...mindlessly eaten the cookies. I even had a bit of a hungry feeling at one point that evening. Still not tempted by the cookies. I just drank some water and soon the hunger passed. I didn't even need to think that this is not special or worth it. Of course, one difference between the homemade cookies and the Oreo's was smell. No smell to the Oreo's. Someone else had Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies. They were always my favorite. No desire flared up for those either! This makes me soooooo happy!

To try to explain how I feel at the moment, just awesome, totally awesome... and Fabulous!

Day 57.

Up at 0700ish, up once thru the night, seems since upping my water intake, I have had to get up for the bathroom during the night. Hoping my body will get this adjusted soon!

10 oz water

M1 2 l/xl eggs scrambled with coconut oil, onion, mushroom, broccoli, cup of coconut.ghee coffee.

16.9 oz Hintfizz watermelon Sparkling water

M2 T-bone steak, green beans with mushroom onion ghee, baked sweet potato cinnamon ghee.

10 oz water

M3 Well Fed's Cinnamon Beef Stew, Prosciutto cabbage 2 mandarins.

12 oz Cherry Lime La Croix

Archived