day 4..am i doing this right?

So I thought I was rocking this until today at work. When i woke up the thought of anything protein made me sick to my stomach. But i packed some hard boiled eggs and got in the car. I ended up eating a Larabar in the way...which im now thinking is not considered OK even though there are only fruits and nuts in it? Then with stress and craziness at work I didn't have my eggs and sausage patty until 10. For lunch i had grilled chicken breast, avocado, blueberries, and a hard boiled egg over romaine with balsamic vinegar. Its now 2 hours later and i am starving. I was very snacky yesterday too. I have very emotional relationship with food and nit sure if its 1. The stress of an awful job. 2. Not eating correctly. 3. Too early in the process still?

Are you eating any starchy veggies? ... that may help?

Also, my understanding is fat should keep you fuller longer... so maybe try adding some olive oil to your salad?

It is still really early on in the process - so depending on how you were eating before, your body will definitely still be adjusting.

Kristen -

Deep breath. You're doing just fine. It sounds like you might be pretty early in the process - things are crazy right at the beginning. There are probably going to be some days when the emotional aspect of eating is overwhelming, some days when you're just plain starving, and others when the thought of food makes you nauseous. That's all normal. Keep your guidelines or your copy of ISWF close by and remind yourself that with each healthy bite you take you are becoming better.

That said - Larabars are (most flavors, anyway) fine for emergency (no other food options available) food. No need to start over unless you were munching on one with chocolate chips ;0)

I don't tend to emotionally eat and I was snacky in the beginning too. The first week or so I was starving just a few hours after every meal and I normally never snack. It's evened out. Now I have a little something after dinner (mainly because I'm nursing and if I don't I wake up at 4 am ready to gnaw on my arm) only.

I do find I'm less hungry throughout the day when I eat a fat and protein heavy breakfast.

Good luck with the rest of your Whole30! :)

Archived