I just finished my Whole 30 and this is my story…

I LOST 13.5# !! I lost a bunch of inches too!  My husband lost 12.5#!
I'm 54 and a physical therapist assistant in home health.  I have not felt bloated or "miserable" after a meal since starting this. Cravings for "something else" after meals are gone; Chronic throat clearing and 2 year old ache in right shoulder gone; no more night sweats, restless legs, insomnia or constipation; And I never counted a single calorie, Points Plus value or fat gram. I just ate good food! And I'm actually becoming a pretty good cook and being much more creative in the kitchen. Heck, I've spent more time in the kitchen in the last 30 days than I have in the last 6 months! MIRACULOUS! But so worth it!  Prior to doing the Whole 30 I felt defeated, miserable, hopeless, and and like a phony. I have always been interested in and promoted healthy living and was not living it at all. I was a closet food addict. For most of my adult life I was able to exercise enough and eat healthy enough to maintain a decent weight fluctuating 10 pounds up-and-down. But I would drive through McDonald's every morning for breakfast and be embarrassed because the people at the drive-through knew me. I would eat fast food for lunch and then need "something else" before I got home (usually a candy bar...or 2.) I would vow every evening that I would not do it the next day only to do it the next day, and the cycle continued. I was diagnosed with diverticulitis the week I found a post about the Whole 30 on my Facebook feed. It was truly a God thing! It came at exactly the right time because I had hit an all-time high on my weight and an all-time low emotionally.   And I felt like crap!  I have learned to love trying new recipes and even tweaking some of my old recipes.  I'm typically a "veggie hater" and have tried several new veggies and liked them.  And even if I don't love them I've found ways to sneak them into my food so I don't really notice them.  Fruit tastes so good to me now.  Although the first week was hard (getting organized and learning to shop for the week,) I felt like a new person was living inside me by the 2nd week.  I never got a lot more energy but I'm definitely not as tired mid-afternoon and evening as I was before Whole 30.   I can't encourage you enough to try it.  It's truly a lifestyle change for me, and the best thing I've ever done for myself.  

Congratulations on successfully completing the Whole30. You've had so many successes already and your attitude is awesome. Are you planning to continue or do the re-introductions.

My daughter and I are currently on Day 27, and loving it. I had to look up my diary to find out what day we were up to, because I've pretty much stopped counting. I plan to start the re-introductions and see how I feel. But predominately I plan to continue eating this way for the rest of my life, because I feel so good.

Hi.

So happy to hear your story. Im now on day 16 and going strong. My main aim was to loose wait and curb my carb addiction. After a few yucky days the first week I am amazed at how much better I feel! Ive had problems with a sore shoulder for years and it dawned on me yesterday it hadn't bothered me for days! Im going to have a 1 week break so I can celebrate a family anniversary with a nice glass of red but then I'm back too it. No more Mrs Fed up Frumpy Forty something for me!

• 2 weeks later...

Loved reading this! I'm on day 9 of my first w30, I completely relate to your comment about having a new person inside you by week two. I Feel incredible, and strong.

Good work! Congrats.

Thank you!  I'm on day 45 now and going strong!  I plan to continue this way of eating for as long as I can.  I'm not ready to reintroduce yet.  Not sure I will.  May stay at least Paleo.  I feel to good to go back!

Archived