Day 28 - What's Next?

ereiam

So I'm cruising along at Day 28 and feeling really good. I don't have any desire to eat junk, so it's not like I am looking forward to undoing all of my progress. I am looking forward to getting on the scale, since several people have told me that I look thinner and my clothes are looser. But, what's next? I had been eating paleo since February, but I had made the choice to cheat more and more often, hence the Whole30. I really don't want to go back to making bad choices, so I'm thinking about extending this to a Whole45. Maybe I'll choose something off the plan once a month? I'm wondering if that will be doable.

I'm at day 28 as well and I have decided to try a bit of dairy on the 31st and then head right back on the next 30 days of the whole 30.I think if I stop now I am not clean enough to stay clean..I'm a sugar addict and as great as I feel and also not having cravings,I am afraid if I stop this early on,I will fail..personally,I can't go back to feeling awful again.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Yeah, I'm an addict too. I don't think that eating clean is as simple as doing the Whole30 and reintroducing foods. (Not that that is easy, That's not what I'm saying :-)) think I am a true junkie and I don't know that I can handle any sugar.

So,maybe this is the change for life?I think it is for me.I remember not too long ago,being off sugar for a solid 6 months,as soon as I went back,I was back in and couldn't get out,this time is the first time I have decided that I can't have sugar in my life again.I can't go back to feeling like that.I also don't need sugar in my life.I seem to handle fruit ok but think I will stick to it in season and soon that will only be apples.How do you handle fruit?How are you feeling about your addiction after these 30 days?

I think a little bit of sugar gets me in a lot of trouble. I really don't like the thought though that I can't go out to eat and have 1000 island dressing on my salad cause it has a little sugar on it. That is really the gray area for me. Am I going to allow small amounts of sugar back into my diet? I don't know. It has been so much easier, addiction wise, to eat no sugar, no grains, etc.

My goal is to eat fruit about twice a week, so that it's a treat. But right now we have 20 pounds of Colorado peaches and I am eating one a day. So the seasonal thing works for me. But I'm with you. In the winter it is going to be apples once in a while.

I think this Whole30 kicked my addiction to yogurt, nuts, sugar and chocolate. I was already mostly off of sugar. All of the no-brakes foods. Now when I am hungry, I am really hungry and I want real food. And that's a good thing!

Archived